PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Advice...

DisneyLandMomma
05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
For Mother's Day, my husband totally shocked me with a spa certificate. I'm going today for a 30 min swedish massage, 30 min facial, a deluxe manicure and pedicure.
ETA: It's my first time getting a spa treatment.
Anyway...the part that I need help with is the tip. My husband said he wanted to put a tip on the gift certificate so I didn't have to worry about it(because as you can tell I get a little stressed out by situations like this LOL) but somehow that didn't happen so I will have to tip them.

How much am I supposed to tip?? Do I pay each person that's doing each thing?? Do I just give someone money at the end and say it's for everyone?? Does one person get more than someone else?? I'm totally clueless and feel like such an idiot.:blush:

So something that is supposed to be relaxing is totally stressing me out. :eek2:

AZ Disney
05-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello,
Don't stress the spa will help you, but based on my experience most spas that offer multiple services will have little envelopes that you or the cashier will put the gratuity in for the specific person doing the treatment. The easiest thing to do is to ask them to add 20% gratuity for each service and they will tell you what that amount is. Since you have a gift certificate I would reccomend bringing cash, since you won't be adding it to a credit card transaction. That way you can put the money in the envelope or hand it directly to the person that did your facial etc.
Hope that helps.

Tick-Tock
05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
15-20% is standard.

When I've done multiple treatments I've just added it at the end (same rate for everyone) and asked them to divide it among the staff.

I'm sure they will make it easy for you. If you're in doubt, ask at the front desk.