PDA

View Full Version : El Rio de Tiempo

Giselle
05-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Where is El Rio de Tiempo in Epcot? I tried to find it on the Epcot map and didn't see it. Also, what is it like? Any pictures or information is appreciated!

Stich8818
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Into the Grand Fiesta Tour with the Three Callabros (sp?). Still in the Mexico Pavillion.

biodtl
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
It is a boat ride inside the Mexico pavilion. It's a long flat boat (like IASW, but smaller) that goes through scenes of Mexican life (photos, film clips, IASW-like dolls). Although, it was just redone to include Donald, etc from the Three Caballeros. I haven't been on the new version yet.

faline
05-21-2008, 12:35 PM
As noted, the name of the ride has changed. When you enter the Mexican Pavilion, go all the way to the back of the pavilion. the entrance to the ride is to the left of the restaurant - San Angel Inn.

bruin1344
05-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Went on the new version last year for the first time, its better than the older version since the older one was dated. Still a lot of the same stuff as the old one. Its a nice relaxing boat ride and usually has no waits. Thats my #2 attraction in World Showcase behind the Norway ride.

Imagineer1981
05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
its The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico. Now stars DONALD!!!:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm wishing I went on El Rio. It looked so relaxing from the inside of the pavillion.

I've been on it a couple times after the Callaberos took it over - probably isnt' the same though - wish it was more of a romantic journey through Mexico.

Chris :hatter:

OogieBoogieMan
05-23-2008, 10:29 PM
We loved the old Mexican boat ride, although I will reluctantly admit I am starting to tolerate the new one. If you want to see what the old one was like, search "el rio de tiempo" in Google and you will find a bunch of YouTube videos.

stitcherbelle
06-11-2008, 11:36 AM
El Rio de Tempo is in the Mexican Provilion! It is now called something with the three Calbereros! It is just a nice calm boat ride with TV's that show stuff in the water and all around you! It is nice for relaxing and taking a break!:mickey:

Gator
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm wishing I went on El Rio. It looked so relaxing from the inside of the pavillion.

I've been on it a couple times after the Callaberos took it over - probably isnt' the same though - wish it was more of a romantic journey through Mexico.

Chris :hatter:

You missed nothing. If you think the music on Small World was annoying, El Rio's music made it seem like Sinatra. It wasn't relaxing. I'm looking forward to seeing Donald featured. It can only help.

beksy
06-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Like the others said, it's inside the Mexican pavilion to the left of the restaurant after you pass the shopping area. You go through in a boat similar to IASW and now has the Three Caballeros. It is a must-do for us each trip. Very cool and relaxing. I really miss the old version though. It could have used some up-dating but I thought it was much better. The new version is ok, though, and still something we ride each trip but personally I thought the old version was better. I will say that for big Donald fans this version rocks! Check it out!