PDA

View Full Version : Dining with Babies

Rekenna
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi! We are very excited because or 2 newest editions will be going to WDW in September for the first time!

I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, since they get to go for "free" :) they are not on the dining plan with us. Can babies eat off of their parents plates when dining at buffets or do I need to pay for them separately?

Your advice and assistance is greatly appreciated!

biodtl
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
You can get them their own plates at buffets - it's free. At non-buffet places, they can eat off your plates, or you can buy their meals.

DisneyGrrrl
05-21-2008, 11:56 AM
We just went last week with our 18 month old and yes, they eat for free even if they get their own plate at a buffet.

As a matter of fact, we ate at Akershus in Epcot and they let DD pick off the kid's menu for free. I haven't seen that before.

Bless you for going with 2 toddlers! The one 18 month old I have was enough for me. :blush:

spoonfulosugar
05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
You're going to have a blast!
The portions at the restaurants are normally pretty large, so you'll have plenty to share with the kids.

Dakota Rose
05-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Good question! And the answers are good too!

On a related note, if you're dining with a baby (she'll be about 6 mos) do they count in the guest count for fixed gratuity? There will be 5 of us (4 adults, 1 5-year-old) plus the baby, that should mean our party size is 5 not 6 right?????

4myprincesses
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
We just returned a week ago. It was myself, my mother, and my four girls (7,6 and twins 1)

Some places added gratuity and some didn't. There was no pattern either (if the twins "ordered" food or not.) I guess it's up to the server if they are wanting to add it or not.

We had no problem feeding the twins off of our plates at places that were not buffet. Fixed price places they ate whatever for free. Coral Reef was extra accomodating for them as was Liberty Tavern for lunch.

Enjoy it, Disney has an extra bit of magic to it when you see it through your child's reactions!

Dakota Rose
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Good to know. :) I just want to be prepared so I don't lose my cool at the happiest place on earth. Obviously a 6-month-old isn't going to order from the menu, but then, if you said there was no pattern, I guess I'll have to expect the worst and hope for the best.