PDA

View Full Version : When should we go??

DisneyLandMomma
05-21-2008, 02:49 AM
My daughter and I have had 1 day park hopper tickets since Christmas time. We just haven't had a chance to get down there to use them. I would really like to get to the parks before the summer crowds and we also need to use up my daughters child ticket before she is no longer considered a child in August(she will be 10 :) ).

She is out of school as of May 29th so I was considering Wed, June 4th(DL hours 9a-11p) or Wed, June 11th(DL hours 8a-9p). Obviously WED is my day off. LOL

What day do you think would be better?? Or do you think it's too late to beat the summer crowds?? We would still go despite the crowds, I just wanted to go on a less crowded day. :)

I can't wait...it's been almost a year since we have last visited and that is the longest time we have been away from the parks since 2005. :blush:

NotaGeek
05-21-2008, 03:02 AM
The official start of high season is Memorial day. If you pick a Monday-Thursday the parks will definitely be less crowded, so if you go on a Wednesday, get there early and have fun. It will be crowded ... summer will be in full swing by then, but midweeks are usually the best option.

MatterhornMiss
05-21-2008, 09:12 AM
During the week in May, the parks always seem to have a lot of school kids going with their class. DLR is usually busy year round on the weekends. Most kids get out of school the first or second week in June, so I would try and go during the week before then.

tinkwest
05-21-2008, 10:38 AM
If I had to choose one of those dates I think I would go with the 4th. The 11th is a grad night and while it officially doesn't begin until after the parks are closed, the kids may be congregating in the area or making a full day of it.

It is always so hit & miss picking one day over another. But whichever day you choose, going early in June is definitely going to be better than later in the month or July/August, :crowd: crowdwise.

DisneyLandMomma
05-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking we will go on the 4th. We will probably head down on the 3rd, get a room for the night at one of the Harbor Hotels so we can be at the park first thing.