PDA

View Full Version : What is the ncest thing that Cast Member ever did for you inside one of the parks?

beachezncream
05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
when I was 8--on my birthday--a CM told me the phone was for me and it was GOOFY telling me Happy Birthday. That was 8 years ago. I loved it.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
They gave me the "wet seat" in the backlot tour after I got up the guts to ask a CM if I could volunteer (thanks Intercot!).

It was a GREAT experience!

Chris :hatter:

crazeedizneefinatic
05-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Last septmeber we were heading back to our room at CBR and the manager of the resort was coming twords us. My husband was holding our son because his legs were tired. She stopped to chat to ask how everything was. She asked my son if he was happy, he said yes but he was really hoping to win a pair of dream ears. Well, she told him anything can happen. 2 days later she knocked on our after returning from the park, still don't know how she knew. She knocked and asked if Christian was available, he came to the door and she presented him with a pair of light up dream ears embroidered with his name. She told him to have a magical vacation. We were all so shocked and amazed and grateful. He still tells everyone about that moment.

disneydoug
05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
In January, we got off of the ME bus at Beach Club. We were greated by name. We were asked to go into the lobby and sit down and to NOT look behind us. A few minutes passed and a group of management type CM's brought us balloons and candy and a certificate. We had won a big prize. We were given a concierge room that faced the EPCOT fireworks with all of the free food and drinks everyday. We had paid for a standard room. The next day we won fast pass lanyards at DHS Animation attraction.

doug:thumbsup:

biodtl
05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Mine was from a CM who worked the phones. I received some very bad treatment from a phone CM when I called to purchase MNSSHP tickets. I sent a complaint email and a few days later, I got a call from a CM (a manager, I think) named Audra. She listened to my complaints and was very kind and apologetic.

Months later, we checked into our hotel and there was a Mickey jack-o-lantern for each of my kids, filled with goodies. DS's had a stuffed pirate Mickey and Mickey balloon and DD's had an evil queen Minnie and a princess balloon. It was signed Audra. I had long since forgotten about the problem, and it was a nice surprise and a good way to start a magical trip.

TheMartellFamily
05-20-2008, 08:49 PM
When my DS had just turned one we knew it was time for him to go to WDW. Well he was so small, older DS wanted to go on BTMRR and I sat with the baby. I started talking to one of the CM who was a ride manager type person. As I was talking to him while the younger slept he said that he wanted to give something that our family would enjoy. It was a front of the line pass and we used it for Pooh. On this day the Pooh ride had a 50 min wait time and the fast pass were out for the day. This is why we had such a suprize from the CM and used it on Pooh, a ride we could all go on, and this is why it is now our family ride. The memory of this day has so much meaning for this ride and when my boys are older, we will look back and remember it.

disneylovinmom
05-20-2008, 08:59 PM
We were at the Hollywood Studios in December and were getting ready to leave after seeing the Osborne Lights. My daughter wanted to ride the TOT one more time. We walked up the street, stopping in some shops and when we got in front of the place where Beauty and the Beast is performed we said hello to one of the CM's. She said hello and we started chatting for a few minutes. She asked us where we were headed and I said we were going to do the TOT one more time before we left. She then said to follow her and took us to the front of the line to go in to the Library at TOT. She was a very sweet young lady. :mickey:

GabbyJacobsmom
05-21-2008, 07:19 AM
In April my family was at Hollywood Studios and it was a little chilly and it was raining off and on so the kids were a little cranky as they wanted to play on the HISTK playground but they couldn't because it was wet so we went into one of the shops and was walking around looking and a CM said the phone is for you, I was shocked and on the phone was Mickey Mouse and he was wishing me and my DH a Happy Anniversary. It brought tears to my eyes! It was so sweet. :cloud9:

The same day a CM at Tow Mater was closing the line and saw us walking up and wished us a Happy Anniversary and said, well Tow Mater wants to meet you so you better go ahead and get in line. My DS loves Tow Mater and was so excited :)

Just one CM taking the extra time and really connecting and with the guests is what makes Disney so special. Making memories is what it is all about :mickey:

smiles_rock
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
This wasn't in a park but one day last September I was waiting to make dinner reservations at the concierge counter at ASMusic, wearing my tiara of course, when a CM came up to me and said "every princess needs a rose" and he handed me a beautiful red rose. I was so touched, it made my day!

MatterhornMiss
05-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I got my first annual pass to Disneyland on my birthday. I was eating at Carnation Cafe for dinner and the waitress saw my happy birthday sticker (also, whenever an annual pass is swiped for admission or discounts, the screen displays "Happy Birthday!") and she brought me a free ice cream sundae with a candle in it, even though I had been told the restaurants don't do that for free. I think she felt sorry for me because I was there by myself, but I was having a great time.

4ubie1
05-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I had a special request from a friend last time I went..to pick up some fun pictures/post cards for her. And I had found some in the Disney Studios but I wanted to save them til the end to get so they would not be damaged and such. Well we stopped by the Studios on our way to the airport and I had thought my length of stay pass still worked. Well it didn't and I could not get in. So I went to guest services and told them my story thinking that they might just send someone to pick them up while I waited outside the park or at least tell me where I could find the same postcards outside the parks. Well they did neither! Instead they gave me a temporary pass and actually let me come into the park to pick them up myself. I definately thanked them on my way out!!:thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
We have had several wonderful things.

We had a huge meet in May 2007 with Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto all together in their year of a million dreams attire.

We had Carolyn a manager over at Toontown take us on a whirlwind charcter hunt with all the characters in the tent, the stepsisters coming out to the Teardrop, and Mickey Mouse over in his house, then as we were leaving she handed me a stuffed Mickey for Hayden and said Mickey wanted him to have it.

We had show up in our mail box for Hayden's two year birthday a whole book full of autographs made out to Hayden from characters that I have never even heard of appearing in the parks, like the blue fairy, the rescuers, etc..

This most recent trip we had a CM arrange a huge charater meet for us with over 15 diffeent characters at one time ranging from The Sherrif of Nottingham to Jasmine.

We had at It's a Small World the CM gave us a certificate for Hayden to get a Mickey balloon for his birthday.

DisneyWizard
05-21-2008, 11:25 AM
One of them for me was when my friend and I had been asking a CM at the Living Seas many different questions about the facility and the animals. She was so friendly and at the end of our rampage of questions asked us to join her at the top of the tank! She took us up and gave us a tour of the facility and introduced us to a number of other CM's that worked there. It was very memorable and out of the blue.

cal5755
05-21-2008, 12:46 PM
We were sitting in front of Casey's Corner with our hotdogs and soda's about an hour before the parade started (great spot). We were having DS and middle DD share a hotdog and fries and DH turned to give half to DS and spilled his and my soda's on the ground in front of us. Well a nice CM street sweeper picked up our cups and swept up the ice etc.... and disappeared . We were extremely surprised and greatful when he returned with 2 full soda's for us! My DS was 8 at the time and he was so impressed he had to get the CM's autograph!! We could not thank him enough.

This was during our very first trip to WDW (as a family) on our first day there... I had to beg DH to take this trip, his biggest argument was the cost of food etc would break us. This CM sold DH on the magic of DISNEY!! Now it is DH who is just as excited to talk about the next trip with the kids!!

joonyer
05-21-2008, 01:00 PM
On our last trip, my wife hurt her hip on the Crush 'n Gusher at TL (she didn't keep her bottom up). She wasn't injured badly but for the rest of the trip, it hurt whenever she was on her feet very long. So we rented a wheelchair for her, so owe could all still enjoy the parks in our usual commando style (all day, everyday) Seriously, DW would not have been able to do this with us without the wheelchair.
A day or two later, we were in front of the Beauty & the Beast show at the studios, trying to decide whether to get in the very long line to see the show. A CM came up and offered to take us in through the side entrance to a front row seat (handicapped section). We tried to explain that DW wasn't really handicapped and that we could wait in line with everyone else but the CM insisted. We gave in and really enjoyed the show from the front row.
Now we joke about who is going to be in a wheelchair on our next trip. (we would not really do that of course, although the wheelchair saved us on that trip, it really slowed us down, and we don't believe in taking unfair advantage)
Side note. Me and my two boys played a mean joke on mom that trip by leaving her in the wheelchair in the middle of the street while we went to the men's room, and then hiding around the corner to watch to see how long she would sit there without trying to move out of the street. I know, that was really mean, but the boys really enjoyed getting under mom's skin that time. It was all in fun.

NewmanFamily6
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
We had a very unpleasant occurence when we attempted to book our first trip with the children in 2005. I sent a letter but never received a reply. I really thought it must not matter to Disney. When we arrived at ASMO we had Minnie ears for both of the girls and all kinds of snacks. The girls were thrilled and I had not expected that at all:mickey:
On the same trip our then 3 yr old DD did a face plant coming into MK. She was all scraped up and crying. Not only did the CM help us find First Aid but she gave both DDs a Mickey sundae with Mickey sprinkles.:number1: It made their whole day. These are the experiences that keep us coming back:cloud9:

Disney_Barbie
05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
On the first day of our anniversary trip last year, we went to the ticket counter @ MK to exchange our AP vouchers for the real deal (Wearing our Anniversary buttons that we had just gotten @ our resort, of course). And we got a really sweet CM making conversation and such, he asked us what our plans for the evening where (it was like 2 or so by the time our flight landed and we got into the parks) we told him we had dinner ressies @ Epcot, and he asked what time. Again, thinking he was still just being conversational. He jotted is name and some kind of CM ID # (or some kinda long number on a paper) and told us since if we wanted to return to MK after dinner just to bring that back and it would let us into the P&P party for free. This was EXPECIALLY great, cause DH & I REALLY wanted to go to the P&P party, but since it was a budget trip we decided against it. We were SOOOO appreiciative.
Not only that, but when we arrived @ dinner @ Epcot (now dressed up for the P&P party after dinner, thus no anniversary buttons this time) they knew it was our anniversary and gave us free dessert. We still never knew how THEY knew, our best inclination was that he also put some kinda note or something in there. It was REALLY above & Beyond great CM service!

Imagineer1981
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Once when I was a CM, a single mother had 3 kids and they were running around and having a good time. Well she tried to chase the one child who was getting a little too far ahead and twisted her ankle and couldn't walk. After seeing her fall I helped her up and asked if she was ok. She said she was fine but was limping. I called my manager and they arranged to have a guest services CM give them vip treatment the rest of the day by the CM pushing her in a wheelchair and another CM playing with the kids

AdventurerKim
05-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I got sick at Cape May two years ago on Thanksgiving and couldn't eat dinner, and the waiter CM didn't charge my family for me since I ate nothing. Afterwards, a CM gave us a ride back to the hotel so I wouldn't have to wait for the bus when I felt awful. :mickey:

g8rgirl29
05-21-2008, 05:14 PM
When we were at Disney in 92 we ate breakfast at Olivia's at OKW and I had this wonderful Twinings tea called Tropical Nectar. We went to EPCOT later that day and I went in to the Twinings store to try to purchase the tea and they didn't have it. The CM in Twinings called Olivia's to check the name etc but no luck couldn't purchase the tea. That night when we got back to our room there was a package with the Tropical Nectar tea with a bow on it waiting for me. It was just a little thing but it really was that extra Disney touch that we all love.

pink
05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
They probally did this for every kid on their birthday but when I was five my parent took me to WDW and on my birthday morning they took me for breakfast in Cinderella's castle and I took pictures with all of the princess but I didn't see Cinderella and I kept asking for it so my mom took me to go look for her. I remember seeing her just as a she walked around this bend and then she was gone and my mom said that maybe we would see her later, then just as we were walking back to our table Cinderella showed up with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me. It was my most magical moment and I will never forget it. :mickey:

BMan62
05-21-2008, 10:00 PM
A CM offered us priority seating for the Candlelight Processional when she saw our Anniversary buttons last December. Unfortunately, we had already purchased the dinner package for that night.

thejens
05-21-2008, 10:55 PM
It's a little thing, but it always makes me smile to remember. My 3 year old had had his hair done at the MK barbershop and then went to splash and play at Donald's boat. He was sad that the mickey mouse sparkles had washed out of his hair. I had tried to collect some to save for him. On leaving the park my mom and I noticed some leftover mickey confetti and covertly tried to collect some for my son. Suddenly out of nowhere a CM appeared and poured sparkling clean Mickey confetti into our hands. We gave most of it to my happy son, but I kept a little in a tiny glass bottle and my mom sprinkled some on her windowsill at home. She says it reflects the sunlight onto the walls and cheers her up.

Von-Drake
05-22-2008, 07:45 AM
The best times I can think of involve my son meeting the characters (and yes I cut and pasted these from my earlier posts in trip reports):

* - While waiting at the alternate entrance for a second ride on POTC, Peter Pan and Wendy came walking out and took a quick a picture with him on their way to their meet and greet spot, we whispered to Wendy who whispered to Peter our son had Autism and they were so wonderful talking to him and it just made him give the biggest smile we had yet to see. When we got off of POTC we went to the meeting spot for Peter and Wendy and stood in line to see them again and get his autograph. They even remembered his name from before and were so wonderful with him a second time. When they called him by his name, he was just so happy and smiled so big. It makes me smile just writing about it now.

* - Before our trip we had a lot of family movie nights and watched different Disney movies together, and he really liked Cinderella movie and it was cute we asked him you his girlfriend is and he would say “Cinderella” and smile so big. So we promised him he would get to meet her on this trip. When we go to the room with the princesses, it was right before their break and so we were the last ones on the room. While waiting for the other guests in front of us, my wife was talking to the CM in the room and I was entertaining our son. She told him about his autism and right before he go to talk to Cinderella, the CM whispered to Cinderella about him and she was so wonderful, taking time to talk to him and being patient while he fidgeted so much as we were trying to get pictures, it was a wonderful moment. I know my son really enjoyed it. When he walked to the next princess Belle, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and Cinderella saw this and exclaimed “But, I thought I was your girlfriend!” So she rushed over to give him a kiss on the cheek by this time Princess Aurora was waiting on him and got in on the act too and came over to Belle’s area and made a fuss over him. I tell you I think my son smiled for the next hour or so after we left and every time we mentioned the princesses over the rest of the trip he would break out in a big grin.

tinklover
05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
I posted about this in my trip report from last may but i will post it again. My girls had seen all teh pretty princesses walking around who had been to BBB. I had no clue about it so they did not get to go due to know openings. so we went the night before to walmart and got them cinderella dresses from the toy section. I did their hair and off we went to MK for a second day. well we get into teh park and while trying to manuver thru corwds of people lined up getting ready for teh family parade we lost my mom. so up and down main street we walk looking for her. we get stopped by a dream team member who sees my sleeping cinderellas in eth stroller and asks us if they have met her yet. i tell her no that we are looking for my lost mom at the moment and that i have no clue as to where to take teh girls to meet cinderella. she then tells me well if you are going to be in teh park at 2 pm she can arange a private meet and greet for them and tehy will keep a surpise since they are asleep she took tehir names down . we continue to look for my mom and i finally go to city hall and use tehir phone to call her cell as ours had died.we then go to exhibition hall for the suprise meet and greet
a cm meets us at a side door where he says well hello princess Aubri and hello Princess Harely can you step thru this curtain for us. well they did and waiting there for them was cinderella. my 2 lil princesses deafened everyone in teh room as they took off running into her arms . i had tears in my eyes the whole 20 min they were there with her. Here (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/Disney085.jpg) is a pic of them with Cinderella

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
There was also the time a CM asked my mom and I as we were approaching the big lineup to get on to KS in AK and we told him two. He said "come with me" and took us through a back way, and got us right on the front of the line.

Not sure if that was an official dream or not, but hey, it was great!

Chris :hatter:

Coccinelle
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I went to disney world only once, 22 years ago. I was about 13 years old, thinking that i was the ugliest girl on the planet (i so dont miss being that age!!!) when i met Robin Hood in person. On my autograph book, he wrote something like: ''to a beautiful princess''. Now i know that it is probably how he is suppose to sign autograph but at that time, i did not so it made me feel so good about my self for a moment!

joanna71985
05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh man. I have so many.

The most recent one would have to be when I was picked as an extra for Indiana Jones last summer. It was awsome, and it just happened to be on my birthday!

CU Tiger
05-23-2008, 06:39 PM
It is a really long story, but I will sum it up is a few words.
My DD (7) asked a CM in front of the HM to trade pins and the next thing you know, she is dressed as one of the HM’s CMs getting to let the guests into the HM. She was also allowed to tell everyone to “drag their corpses to the center of the room” in the stretching room. They gave her invisible dog to walk and keep. There is a lot more to this, but this was a true magical moment!!:thumbsup::mickey:

WhiteRose1
05-23-2008, 06:57 PM
In 2003, we went for our honeymoon, and wore bride and groom ears. Upon entering MGM (HS) we met a very nice CM who wished us congrats on our wedding, and asked us a bunch of typical questions we had gotten during the trip.

"Did you get married here?"
"Where are you from?"
"Are you having a good time?"
"Do you come here often?"
Then she threw in an extra one we did not expect

:cloud9:"Do you want to be grand marshalls in today's Stars and Cars parade?":cloud9:

(Thank you!)

JMTStone
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
We had show up in our mail box for Hayden's two year birthday a whole book full of autographs made out to Hayden from characters that I have never even heard of appearing in the parks, like the blue fairy, the rescuers, etc..

You had an autograph from Merriweather? Oh my, she's our favorite! When DD (now 15) saw her first on Sleeping Beauty, she said it was Gramma. My Mom looked an awful lot like her and can sometimes be as stubborn. We even brought a stuffed Merriweather around the parks in November. We got her pictures with CMs and fun locations! My Mom would never make it to WDW so we made her a book when we got home for all the places she visited. She loved it.

Which brings me to our CM experience.... this trip was my other DD6's Birthday. She started out at BBB and then had lunch at CRT. She had a special Birthday Princess sash attached to her dress. You would have thought SHE was a princess the way each and every CM fussed over her. Even having Goofy call her on the phone in line at Jungle Cruise. What a PERFECT birthday.

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 09:49 PM
We had looked for a charm bracelet that my DD had seen the year before and had no luck...We had looked in every shop every day we were there...On our last day we had given up and one little shop in HS had the best CM ever...He asked if we needed help and I told him about it...He called the main office and tracked it down...The bracelet was in a shop not too far from where we were and he walked us to it...While we were paying he took it and put it on my daughters wrist...He told her to take good care of it...To this day when she wears it at school and a teacher there tells me how she walks with her wrist straight out so she doesnt loose it or damage it...I think that it was so nice of him to go out of his way to help us...Thats what makes Disney the greatest place on Earth...:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
You had an autograph from Merriweather? Oh my, she's our favorite! When DD (now 15) saw her first on Sleeping Beauty, she said it was Gramma. My Mom looked an awful lot like her and can sometimes be as stubborn. We even brought a stuffed Merriweather around the parks in November. We got her pictures with CMs and fun locations! My Mom would never make it to WDW so we made her a book when we got home for all the places she visited. She loved it..

No, it was from THE Blue Fairy. From Pinocchio. I was told this was Eva's favorite. That must have been some bit of magic!

pink
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
I forgot to mention this story in my other post! On one trip we went into this gift shop near the HM and I found this cheap ring with a crystal ball thing in it and I loved it so I purchased it on our last day, the next day we got home and it broke. So on our next trip I went back to that same store and went up to the register to purchase a new one the CM started talking to me about how cool the ring was and I told him how my old one had broke and he just let me keep the new one free of charge. Regardless of the fact that the ring was only a few dollars, it still made my trip and I told everyone. It just reminded me because I found the ring yesterday! :mickey:

disneydoug
05-24-2008, 10:05 AM
These stories are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Cast Members!

Great job!

Doug

Ladyvader
05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I have enjoyed reading these stories so much. I am blessed beyond all reason to be a Disney Cast member. And I have so many stories about my time on the Dream Squad and my other wonderful jobs. I have had so many opportunites to make magic for our guests. And each time lifted my spirit and heart! I don't know if I have met any of you, but there is for sure a part of me that hopes that while you were visiting here, I hope that I was able to make you smile while you were here! And I am so proud of all the cast members who gave all of you these wonderful moments. This is what Disney is all about!

JMTStone
05-24-2008, 03:15 PM
No, it was from THE Blue Fairy. From Pinocchio. I was told this was Eva's favorite. That must have been some bit of magic!

I"ve got my blue fairies crossed!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 09:09 PM
When we went to Hollywood Studios last year (when it was still MGM) it was really hot. This was the end of Aug/beginning of Sept. My sis had her 7 week old and 4 year old with us. We wanted to go into GMR but she needed to nurse the baby. I asked the CM at the door if there was some place she could wait inside while the 4 year old and I went through the line. Instead he took us through a back entrance and brought us right to the front of the line. Unfortunately I was so surprised I didn't get the CM's name or I would have written a letter to management.

JenniferS.
05-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Last year as we were going to The Great Movie Ride in HS, we were approached by a cm that asked us where we were from and started chatting w/ us. Then he said that there was a current wait of 25 min for the ride, but he was going to take us in the back way to the front of the line and front seat. We also got a certificate and vip seating for the parade later that day. We didn't get to go to the parade because we had late lunch ressies at the same time. It was great.

NYCGirl2582
05-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Last September, I was in WDW with my mom, aunt, and cousins. On the day we arrived, one of the CM's at the CS Resort must have overheard me talking about how interested I was in pin trading, because he came up to me and offered me a limited edition Minnie Mouse pin. That really made my day

MickeyandTink
05-26-2008, 12:30 AM
We had several wonderful CM experiences from last yeark, but the one that stands out the most is from what was then MGM studios. We had ridden Star Tours and a few minutes after getting off the ride noticed that DD6's new Pal Mickey was missing. We hurried back to look for it and despite the assistance of several CM's, were unable to find it. We went up front to guest services and told them our story. After about 30 minutes of checking, investigation, etc., one of the managers came up to us and presented DD with a brand new Pal Mickey. :cloud9:
It absolutely made our DD's day (and ours as well). After that, PM was kept on a very tight leash. :blush:

playdead88
05-26-2008, 07:49 AM
i left my passporter with all kinds of stuff in it like my airline info and ADR confirm #'s somewhere in mk - we had been all over that a.m and were in line waiting for our pic with cindy before CRT breakfast when i realized i didn't have it - i kinda freaked out for a min then i thought of all places on the planet to lose something this would be the best because someone will find it and turn it in - after bfast we retraced our steps to the gift shop outside poohs ride and the cm working there had found it and already found where we were staying and called our hotel and left a voicemail telling me she found it. :thumbsup:

julyjewel
05-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I have only had one trip to Disney thus far and many nice things happened. I will be going back for my 2nd trip in about 77 days. We will be going in Dec. for our anniv. too. Ten that's all for awhile.

Here are my experiences from my trip:
1. My daughter got done up at the BBB and the next day when we went to MK, a cast member had my daughter sign his autograpgh book

2. When we went to Fantasyland, the CM let us ride Peter Pan 2x in arow because there was no line.

3. At the resort the CM rang my purchase up wrong and he gave both of the kids limited edition pin sets.

Here is the biggie: Some of you may have read my Vacation Nightmare in the vacation planning section. (my story is on page 5 now, called vacation nightmare.)

This didn't happen inside the park but it would have affected our trip. We booked a package through AAA. We then decided that we wanted to wait to get the tickets when we arrived in June. AAA made the changes with no problems. My husband called Disney about a week later to make sure everything was set for our upcoming June trip. Here we found out the CM that AAA had spoken with misunderstood and cancelled our entire trip.

In a panic, we talked to a supervisor who noticed that it was Disney's mistake. They offered us a room upgrade for our June trip but we would have to pay the difference between the value and moderate prices. The CM then asked if we would be willing to move the trip back 2 months to August. We accepted and Disney is sending us 5 day park hopper passes for free and we got to make any ADR's we wanted to for August already. That was more than enough. We just wanted to go and stay at ASMU and ave a good time. That was truly the most magical thing that happened for my family.

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
When we got engaged in 10/04 at CRT we were greeted by a MK manager while walking down Main St. who asked how are day was. We told we had just gotten engaged and BAM she pulls out 2 MNSSHP tickets and says "congratulations!"

:cloud9::mickey::cloud9::mickey::cloud9:

Mousemates
05-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Remember my family three years later as we were walking down Main Street...(he had led the free tour we got as a prize for completing the old virtual magic kingdom game.)

Tear up with me when I told her she was the first person to cut my hair besides my wife and my mother (who had recently passed away from injuries in a car wreck).

GOLFDISNEY72
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
free popcorn

mook3y
05-26-2008, 11:23 PM
We are at MNSSHP 2 years ago. When we came out of a ride, one of our kids bags of candy was missing. We asked a castmember if we could get another bag, explaining what happened. not only did they get us a bag, it was pretty full of candy too.

kakn7294
05-27-2008, 01:58 AM
We've had several great things happen to us but I thought I'd share these few:

In Sept 2005, we asked a CM for directions on how to get around the Castle during Wishes (certain pathways and through the Castle itself are blocked off). Not only did she give us directions, she gave us a blanket "FastPass" for all 4 of us to go straight to the front of any one line we chose in MK.

In Dec 2006, I had laryngitis and a CM at an ice cream cart in MGM (well, it was back then!) gave me a bottle of water - he though I needed it and I thought he was very sweet. On that same trip, another CM at a popcorn cart in Liberty Square gave me a bottle of diet Coke since I got separated from my family by Spectromagic coming down the street. I had been sent to buy the popcorn and drinks but my family grabbed everything and ran to our spot on the other side of the street while I had to stay behind to pay.

The best moment of all though came in August 2007. We were in Sir Mickey's and the CM took my 7 yo DD behind the counter and sat on the floor with her, a phone, and a park map. She had asked my DD who her favorite Princess (Jasmine) and if she had seen her yet. When Meg said no, the CM called to find out when and where we could meet Jasmine then took the time to point it out on the map, making sure my DD understood her directions.

disneydoug
05-29-2008, 09:56 AM
These CMs are great!!!!!!!!!!!

LizLovesDiz
05-30-2008, 12:28 PM
We were late getting to our breakfast at Crystal Palace one morning because of something beyond our control at our resort.The lady at the front taking the reservation numbers was the SWEETEST person we could have met.Not only did she seat us right away,she also took money off of the bill.If I didn't know any better,I would have thought it was our fairy godmother!!! :mickey:

tarkin
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
My daughter loves collecting autographs from the costumed CMs. While at Epcot in '05 when she was 10 yrs old, she tried to get one from Chip (or Dale, can't remember which) but her big blue WDW pen stopped working. The CM (in costume) led my daughter to a nearby store and had them exchange the pen for a new one. She was able to get his autograph and many more that day.

indytraveler
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Last October befriended "Grant" at Space Mountain and he took us to ride back to back rides w/ out wait. Next night he was there again and gave us the Control Tower Tour and let us ride back to back again both tracks.

Very cool:number1:

kadesha
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM
My daughter who was 3 at the time had spent the whole day at Celebration Hospital. We had ADR's at 6:00 at the Garden Grill at Epcot. I was on the phone at the hospital trying to see if we could get a later reservation, and they told me that nothing was available. When we finally left the hospital, we went straight to Epcot to the Garden Grill. They close at 8:00 and we made it to the podium at 8:05. I explained out situation to the lady there and she was so understanding. She went and "talked it over with some people" and they decided to let us in anyway. It was the best character meal we ever had. We got so much interaction because after a while, we were the only ones left there. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating! The Garden Grill will forever be my favorite restaurant!

pink
05-30-2008, 07:28 PM
These are some great stories- thanks for sharing everybody! Disney CM's are the best. :mickey:

disneydoug
06-08-2008, 09:01 AM
WE love Art Lark--the greeter at Beach Club.

Whenever he smiles at you, it is the nicest thing that a cast member could do at that moment. He is precious.

Doug

FenwayGirl
06-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Last January my 2 DD had breakfast with Cinderella. The night before our breakfast...our autograph books were stolen out of our carriage. The girls were upset, but decided that it was okay. They would just enjoy the next 7 days without the books.
The CM at the castle asked the girls to get their books ready for Cindy to sign. They explained what had happened, but said they were exicted to take their picture. A CM met us at out table (overlooking the carousel) with 2 new autograph books and pens! I was absolutely floored....and my girls were so appreciative.:cloud9:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2008, 07:50 PM
We were in Epcot and went to Guest Relations to change one of our dinner reservations. We decided to ask about MNSSHP and the guy asked us to fill out a form. When it was all said and done he said that there would be 2 tickets to MNSSHP party waiting for us the next time we went to MK. We were so excited!

disneygeek84
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
This is sort of about CM's...in a way...
When I was little we went to Disney World every January for my dad's work conference which was held in Orlando. My mom had my baby sister in Sept 1990 so when we went in Jan of 1991 she was only 13 weeks old. I was 6 1/2 at the time but I remember everyone being in awe of how little she was. Characters like the Mice from Cinderella and Goofy really loved her (Goofy really freaked out about her). They would whisper things to their "handlers" so they could ask us questions like, how old she was, what her name was, and things of that nature. It was fun to get to see the characters get so excited about my family. Even though we couldn't see their faces you could tell how happy they were that we were starting her off at such an earlier age.

azdisneymom
06-10-2008, 12:52 AM
On our very first trip to WDW we had just gotten on the bus back to our hotel right after Illuminations ended. We were exhausted and the bus was crowded. Our driver started telling us interesting Disney facts. Some were really funny but we were so tired all we could do was smile. When he asked us what Epcot stood for a few souls ventured an answer - you know the Experiemental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. He said we were wrong it actually was Every Person Comes Out Tired. The whole bus laughed. It was nice to have our spirits lifted and everyone had just a little spring left in their step as they exited thanks to this CM.

RAIDER
06-10-2008, 09:02 AM
The best thing ever was that i left my wallet with all my credit cards etc by my table at the SCI FI .Basically the cast member /waiter found me so 5 mins later outside and handed it back to me ...

He refused to take any money for basically saving my holiday :thumbsup:

WhiteRose1
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I love this topic!

I love reading all the positive things CMS have done for others. It just goes to show you how something small can be remembered for ages to come.