PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania- will it Have Fastpass ?

ramftbl
05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know if Toy Story Mania at DHS will have the Fastpass option ?
Thanks to all who respond !!!

onjbj
05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I believe that I did see a fastpass location for this ride in some of the pictures that have been posted on this, and other, sites.

Ian
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes. It will have Fastpass.

See cover story on the main page.

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Stand-by Line
Single Rider Line
Fast Pass Line

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Can't wait to check this ride out!

YAY! POST # 400!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Chris :hatter:

JMTStone
05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I saw Fastpass pictures on the WDW Website Preview of the ride.

23 days!

Imagineer1981
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
:mickey:sure will!

lupi2279
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
yes, did not need it on the 18th. no lines and amazing ride. kids actually didnt care for buzz after this one.

CaptSmee
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
of course it does! Disney is banking on this attraction being big...it is a fun ride and another welcome addition to DS! It's like Buzz Lightyear steroided out!

Gottaluvgoof
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I checked it out on youtube and it looks very fun. It does seem the guy making the video walked a long way before they actually boarded the ride. I am going in September, and the lines usually aren't too long then, but being a new attraction, I sure hope I can fast pass. Looks like a lot of fun.

joanna71985
05-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Yes, TSM will have FP. However, it won't start using them til the 31st (the official opening date).

I rode it 6 times yesterday (5 in a row) using the single-rider line. TSM is awsome!!! I absolutely loved it.

cal5755
05-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I think the kids are going to have a blast on this ride... we don't use fastpass that much but I am sure we will with this one!

Ladyvader
05-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes Toy Story Midway Mania has a FastPass distribution spot. User friendly for sure. And please remember all when you need fastpasses where ever you go. Just send one member of your family up with the tickets to get your fastpasses. This will expedite things so much if only the people with the tickets are at the machines not the entire magical gathering.

joanna71985
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I am going to highly recommend using FP for this one. The lines were long all day!

gerald72
05-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I think we have determined that the answer is yes.

Ladyvader
05-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Are you sure this is a yes? I don't know it could go either way.

joanna71985
05-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Are you sure this is a yes? I don't know it could go either way.

Yes, there are FP machines. They will start being used May 31.

Ladyvader
05-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Yes, there are FP machines. They will start being used May 31.

OH, hahahahahaha!!! I work there so believe me I know about those Fast Pass machines!

joanna71985
05-26-2008, 11:47 AM
OH, hahahahahaha!!! I work there so believe me I know about those Fast Pass machines!

Ah, ok. I see

My friend works there. Maybe you know him.

Willful
05-26-2008, 11:57 AM
TSM is AWESOME!! We rode it 3x (back-to-back-to-back) during some soft openings. BEST. RIDE. ON. PROPERTY!!! The fun and awesomeness just can't be compared to any other ride or attraction at WDW. This is a hit as it's fun for all ages...all abilities. You can ride it as a show (3-D) or ride it as a ride. Shannon and I had fun competing against each other. I just can't say enough great things about this attraction. Make it your FIRST stop upon arriving at WDW :number1:

...don't even bother to check in at your resort. :D

goofygirl67
05-26-2008, 02:02 PM
They were using the fastpass yesterday (Sunday). Last night the stand by was 70 minutes and the cast member told me that single rider was 60 minute wait.
Fastpass and single rider go through the same entrance untill the stairs where single rider gets split off. Earlier in the week they were not using the single rider line like they should have and we waited 45 minutes to get on.
The only problem I see with having single rider for this attraction is not too many people (kids and parents sitting with kids) are sitting out like they would for RNR or EE.
Overall this ride is awesome and when they get a gift shop for this ride they need to sell arm slings, my shoulder and elbow were killing me after riding it 6 times in a row.:D

disneymom2000
05-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I can't wait to ride this ride. I will only have a Sunday morning to check out DHS this trip and the person I am going with wants to try out the Tower of Terror. So I will have to figure out how to get it all in in one morning.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Last night the stand by was 70 minutes and the cast member told me that single rider was 60 minute wait.
Fastpass and single rider go through the same entrance untill the stairs where single rider gets split off. Earlier in the week they were not using the single rider line like they should have and we waited 45 minutes to get on. :D

This was our experience,too, during the AP soft opening... 45 minutes crawling through one room......Maybe they could have put some Toy Story footage playing on the (few) blank areas of the walls. I can just imagine how tired kids are going to be waiting in the line.....It's very colorful, but unless you're right down there near the talking Mr. Potatohead...Then you're walked up the stairs and down the stairs for no apparent reason. Cute ride, but, basically it's an arcade.

Willful
05-26-2008, 05:57 PM
I can't wait to ride this ride. I will only have a Sunday morning to check out DHS this trip and the person I am going with wants to try out the Tower of Terror. So I will have to figure out how to get it all in in one morning.
On that Sunday, go to DHS when they first open. I'd rush over to TSM FIRST thing and get Fast Passes. Then go over to ToT. The wait time for ToT should be 15 - 30 minutes. Go do other things at DHS then return to TSM when it's your FP time. :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom - IMHO it's SO MUCH more than just an arcade. Was it the long wait that got you down? We were so busy taking in everything in the queue...then wowed by the innovation of the 3-D attraction that it seemed like we hardy waited (and the 20 minute wait time was probably why ;)). I doubt I'd wait 45 minutes...well maybe...we don't typically wait that long for any attraction. But I think this attraction is worth waiting for! :number1:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
mickeys_princess_mom - IMHO it's SO MUCH more than just an arcade. Was it the long wait that got you down? We were so busy taking in everything in the queue...then wowed by the innovation of the 3-D attraction that it seemed like we hardy waited (and the 20 minute wait time was probably why ;)). I doubt I'd wait 45 minutes...well maybe...we don't typically wait that long for any attraction. But I think this attraction is worth waiting for! :number1:
Yes, I'm sure that had something to do with my overall impression, but I just kept thinking-- how is a little one going to have the patience to weave up and down this maze on a regular day? Not a bad ride, just not my thing, I guess. Have to give credit to the visuals in the queue--well done, but could use some moving things besides Mr. Potatohead.

Pirate Granny
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
We were there on Sunday, May 25th and the fast pass was up and running.
:pirate: