PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass question

luvkatiebug
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Something I have always wondered. Once you get a fastpass, does the time ever expire for you to use it. In other words, if we pick up a fast pass in the morning to return at, say, 1:30 pm, and my kids get whiny and we have to leave the park... can we come back at say 4 pm and still use it?
Thanks
m:mickey:

illini
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Generally, yes you can still use it later the same day. We've been told before by CMs not to worry about the expiration time and just to come back later. Last trip, we arrived at EE and the FP line had just been FLOODED, and the CM told us to go have lunch and come back-- no worries.
With that said, the Unofficial Guide reported that some CMs are enforcing the return time. We didn't experience that, but then again... we pretty much always showed up within the time frame.

TheRustyScupper
05-20-2008, 10:40 AM
1) There IS an expiration time/date for a Fast Pass.
2) By policy, the CM is supposed to enforce it.
3) Based upon crowd levels, the CM may not always enforce the rule.
4) The busier the ride, the more enforcement.

Imagineer1981
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
1) There IS an expiration time/date for a Fast Pass.
2) By policy, the CM is supposed to enforce it.
3) Based upon crowd levels, the CM may not always enforce the rule.
4) The busier the ride, the more enforcement.

Not always true, we were told to always allow guests in after the time is expired, you never know what delayed them and Disney did not want to cause the guests any additional aggravation. That being said, if you can be on time for the ride, be ON TIME, it helps everything run much more smoothly

JPL
05-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Not always true, we were told to always allow guests in after the time is expired

That may have been true about the time not being enforced in the past but more and more stories are popping up saying the opposite. I was turn away 5 minutes late on Soarin my last trip and I have heard similar stories from others especially during more crowded times of the year. Now in the past I know the policy was to let the guests ride as a matter of fact i use to look for expired Fastpasses near the machines when getting new ones since I would often get a free FP that way :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Soarin' is the one notorious for strict adherence to the policy.

chick20679
05-21-2008, 09:52 AM
There is another thread related to this same question here:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133275

My take:
If another ride or meal makes you a bit late for your FP time, no biggie.
However, planning to be hours late is just not nice. It defeats the whole mechanism of how FP is designed to work.

Imagineer1981
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
My take:
If another ride or meal makes you a bit late for your FP time, no biggie.
However, planning to be hours late is just not nice. It defeats the whole mechanism of how FP is designed to work.

Exactly...don't be late if you can help it