PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother you that non-disney guests ...

momof3+twins
05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Does bother you that non Disney guests could probably get by with going to EMH-morning unless they would card everyone that morning? It does me!!!:mad:

merlinmagic4
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Do you mean people who are staying off site? If it makes you feel any better, we stay off site and would never in a million years try to get into a park's EMH. What makes you think people are doing that?

IloveDisney71
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I might be mistaken, but every time I've ever been to EMH's I've had to use my Key to the World/ticket to get in. I've never seen a CM let anyone in without having them scan their card and fingerprint. I think your ticket contains info. that says if you are a guest or not.

Lacy
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with the previous poster. You have to use your key to the world....aka room key and ticket or at least show your room key to be let in to the morning EMH. The reason they do wristbands at night is so you don't have to leave if you are already at the park. Don't worry, Disney has a pretty smooth system to prevent people from taking advantage of on-site perks. :mickey:

joanna71985
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
For morning EMHs, you have to show the Disney Resort ID to get into the park.

For the evening EMHs, you have to show the resort ID to get a wristband. And only people with wristbands can go on rides.

kakn7294
05-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, you don't have to worry about it anymore! Even if you have separate admission tickets from your resort ID, you have to show your resort ID at the entrance turnstile to be able to enter the park. People who are staying off-site are not permitted to enter without a valid resort ID regardless of whether they have a valid admission ticket or not.

momof3+twins
05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
I always buy our tickets at AAA so they never are on the room key. And I have never been carded. So, this has always bothered me. I always thought well so and so at the holiday inn can come over here and get into early emh. But, it sounds like that has changed!! We haven't been in several years. So, it sounds like I will be much happier with this change!!:mickey::thumbsup:

KylesMom
05-20-2008, 10:12 AM
We're A/P holders, so our resort information is not on our ticket.

However, we've always been "carded" during a.m. EMH - all three of us, including DS, has to have his room key available to show when we pass through the turnstiles.

Ditto on p.m. EMH - if you don't have a wristband, you don't ride . . .

princessjojo
05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
We don't usually attend am EMH because we're not morning people, but we do go to some pm EMH. But I guess if I paid attention to it and let it bother me, it would make me kinda angry as well. I do remember last time we were there, we just walked up, held out our arms and the CM placed an armband on us. He never asked to see our tickets. I wondered about it, but just let it go when I got on Space Mountain with no really long wait.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 11:34 PM
When we've stayed at the Dolphin, we have had to show our resort key.

DisneyDudet
05-25-2008, 03:35 PM
When we've stayed at the Dolphin, we have had to show our resort key.

Yup! I kinda miss having having it all on one card, but with our times as AP holders once or twice, we've gotten used to the fact.

In fact, in Oct, once at AK, a CM made me take my key OUT of my CLEAR landyard case. Of course, it was super humid and it stuck to the plastic, causing me to make people wait behind me. I felt so bad, but I'm glad they do check.

If he had told me ahead of time to get it OUT, maybe I would have saved some time for a lot of people... and my cuticles :mad:

Of course, after that, I took it out and they all told me I could keep it in my lanyard. Go fig.

We're skipping all but one am EMH in Sept, as last year we did them all just to have park time... it made us tired, and had to deal with the afternoon crowds. We'll stick to a pm EMH here and there.