PDA

View Full Version : Walt and I are glad that MK still...

disneydoug
05-19-2008, 08:42 PM
What are you pleased with about the original design of MK that still exists and you think that Walt would have been pleased with, too?

I think that MK is still a place where kids can have fun with the big kids (parents) that brought them.

I think he would be happy that Mickey is still in charge.

IloveDisney71
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I think Walt would be pleased that Main Street hasn't changed much over the years. It gives me chills every time I walk down Main St. toward Cinderella's castle. That walk really sets the stage for your whole experience at the MK.:mickey: MAGICAL!!!

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Walt and I are still pleased that the candy store still pumps out that delicious aroma when you walk by early in the morning.

joonyer
05-19-2008, 11:51 PM
. . . . we are both pleased that there are fireworks over the castle every night!

tinkerstinker
05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Its hard to say, since Walt was never able to see the MK(and actually was more interested in building EPCOT than in having another "Disneyland").....but. I do think that he'd be happy with the way the MK has turned out and would have loved Cinderella Castle and seeing another Main St. I do think he would be disappointed that his true EPCOT was never realized, but I think it truly would be a stretch to see it built, even now.

Overall, Walt and I are glad that Walt Disney World and Disneyland still bring a magic to most of us that you'll never find anywhere else in the world.:mickey:

alilprincessmom99
05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Tinkerstinker. Walt never got to see the MK come to fruition. But I think he would be pleased with Cinderella's Castle and the idea of another Main Street ( even though Main Street isn't what it used to be). With the Florida project though, Walt was more interested in EPCOT. and it didn't turn out quite the way he had planned. Although, I still think Walt would be impressed with the EPCOT of old.

Septbride2002
05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Walt and I are pleased that while they've been changed over the years that rides like POC, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Tree House, and Jungle Cruise are still there.

~Amanda

DisneyFanaticDargon
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Walt would be pleased they're still selling Dole Whip...duh.

beachezncream
05-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Walt and I are pleased that DisneyWorld has survived over the years so that at age 16 I can say that I have enjoyed 51 trips from WV to the world.

Lisaj13
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
. . . are pleased that MK is still a beautiful place.

The flowers, how clean everything is, and most of all, the smiles. :mickey: