PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Disney Treasures....

Flower
05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Just wondering what you are holding on to from Disney that may be broken, but you just can't seem to part with it? (Please say I am not the only one!!!)

I have a plastic glass with mickey heads all over it, it is multi-colored (The ones now are only black,red & I think yellow). Anyway, it has a small single-line crack down from the top of the rim and I still use it, I just can't fill it all of the way to the top or it may leak. :blush: For some reason, I really like it!!!

What Disney treasures are you holding on to that you probably should part with?

Tigger&Stitch
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
My husband was holding on to a little glass shot glass/"toothpick holder" after someone knocked it over and broke it.

It's the one with the white mickey heads all over it.

We bought it on our honeymoon, and he was just so upset over it! I found a replacement on-line, bought it, and had it shipped all the way here (New Zealand) for Xmas last year! (So he could throw away the broken one). :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
05-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Do t-shirts count? I have several Disney t-shirts that I love even thought they have holes or stains on them. I ONLY wear them when I'm working around the house or in my yard but I just can't seem to part with them.

Tinkerfreak
05-20-2008, 09:07 AM
I have a plastic cup that is clear with white mickey heads all over it that we got at Cosmic Rays on our very first trip. I think it came with an iced cappachino. It has a crack at the top so I don't put liquids in it but put use it to put paper clips in.
I also have a crystal micky figurine with a broken ear that I refuse to throw away. Whenever DH sees it it reminds him of when he broke it by throwing a ball in the house:shake::nono:(I think he is worse than my 2 kids). I just can't part with it.

Flower
05-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Do t-shirts count? I have several Disney t-shirts that I love even thought they have holes or stains on them. I ONLY wear them when I'm working around the house or in my yard but I just can't seem to part with them.

Of course Tee's count! It reminds me that I have my 'Grumpy' flannel night gown that i just can't part with either....I have had to sew it a few times too! :blush:

DisneyDog
05-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I have a Gus-Gus ceramic figurine that I got on my very first trip, back in 1970-something. It has a broken foot, that I fixed a long time ago. I have always loved it. Recently, my cat jumped up on my bureau and decapitated the poor old thing.

Then, I had a Mulan ceramic figurine (not as old as Gus-Gus, obviously) that is just beautiful. I had it right near the Gus-Gus, so I put it in a drawer to be safe. But, when I put it in the drawer, the head hit the inside of the drawer and now IT'S beheaded too! :(

RockinRollerMom
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I have a dale figurine that I got on one of my first Disney trips as a child. It was this figurine that started my love for my massive Disney figurine collection. (which by the way are getting harder and harder to find.) Well anyways, it is all chiped and scratched and worn out in spots, but it is without a doubt still one of my favorites of my collection.

Diznee4Me
05-20-2008, 10:28 AM
....the head hit the inside of the drawer and now IT'S beheaded too! :(

I am sorry your treasures were broken but just the way you wrote that made me snort out loud. That is also my kind of luck.

We have a pillow/throw set we bought several years ago and they are nearly worn through from over use - but we won't part with them.:D

Dopey's Girl
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I have a t-shirt from my first trip when I was 8 (let's just say that was a long, long, long time ago...age with held to protect the not so innocent!) that I just can't get rid of. I couldn't fit into it with a crow bar and tub of butter, but I just can't toss it either...I know I could donate it, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's been in the goodwill box many times, only to be removed!

wickedwitch
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
The top of my Alice in Wonderland teapot.My son broke it last night..apparently he was wrestling with a cat!!!

DisneyDog
05-21-2008, 04:43 PM
What is it with these cats and Disney stuff? Is it the whole "mouse" thing?

wickedwitch
05-21-2008, 06:40 PM
What is it with these cats and Disney stuff? Is it the whole "mouse" thing?

You just might be on to something!