PDA

View Full Version : What is this world coming to?

tyandskyesmom
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
So it is 2:44pm and Tyler's school is on lock down. Two blocks from my home, there is a house surrounded by S.W.A.T. teams and snipers and police departments from all of the neighboring cities. Not to long ago we had a hotel shoot out near by in our town.

We live is a good area but these bad things have been happening lately.

This is horrible!

DisneyWizard
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh wow - that is scary. Hopefully it's all a precaution and no one is in serious danger!

DisneyDog
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Our middle school had 2 bomb threats last week. The kids from the first threat were arrested. The one(s) from the second haven't been caught yet.

wdwgrl377
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh my! I sure hope all turns out to be ok and it's nothing serious going on.

conorsmom2000
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry - and I know how scary it is. It was only a few months ago that our area had the bomb threats. This world is not an easy place to raise our children, is it? :(

kakn7294
05-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow Sherry, that's terrible! Stephanie has had a couple of bomb threats in her school this year and there have been a rash of them in the area this year. Fortunately, none have been the real deal. I hope things worked out okay and you guys are all safe.

tinkerbell04
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
WOW! That is terrible. I hope everything worked out ok.

GossipGirl
05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh my! That's terrible! I hope everyone was brought to safety and that everything is okay. I have to agree with our thread subject. "What is this world coming to?" My school and my town--it's small, it's quiet, it seems as if nothing could go wrong here. I was stupid to believe such a thing. This school year, we've had a total of 4 bomb threats. Four. Not to mention, we had the SWAT team surrounding our school, too. A couple months ago. A man who lived less than 1/2 of a mile away from my school had shot his wife and his mother, and he was on tons of drugs and was drunk out of his mind. He was, like, pacing outside of the school.
If that's the kind of people we have to live with.. Man.. I'm speechless.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh my goodness. Please tell us what happened. I hope everything turned out ok?