PDA

View Full Version : Ohana

goofy1608
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
I am about to make my ADR for dinner at Ohana. i know many folks prefer a table from which they can see the fireworks. I think i would actually like to have a table in the area of the firepit. Which do you prefer, and are there tables that might satisfy both desires. Thanks.

wdw_bound
05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
If you have kids, you will want to request seating to the left of the firepit as you enter. The area to the right is behind the firepit, and while it is peaceful, you feel left out of the action, and your kids may not get to the center quickly enough to get a broom and coconut. You can see the cooking area from many tables with a window view of the MK.

Enjoy!

KAT1811
05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Personally we are so taken in by the hustle and bustle of 'Ohana that we have never taken the time to look out the windows. The fire pit is fun but I think you can see it from many of the seats in 'Ohana. Take the kids for a walk to check it out if you are not as close as you like. I think you'll be happy wherever you end up. The brooms and the coconuts go fast so make sure the kids keep and eye out for them. I personally would not want to be too close to the fire pit, many of our days in Disney are hot, hot, hot and we are greatful to be away from the heat for a bit!

MMouse6937
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
We actually love being near the windows. Twice we have been either looking out at the MK or with a view of the marina area at the Poly. We enjoyed both. We also find it a distraction from the lady singing and running around the restaurant yelling "ALO....HA". I'm sure if you have kids though you would want to be closer to the middle of the dining room to enjoy the entertainment. Either way I don't think you can go wrong! :thumbsup:

EmporerStitch
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
we had a table looking out into the courtyard toward the pool and it was soo relaxing...............and the food was amazing...i was calling everyone "cousin" that day............mmmmmm pineapple bread...................and the bread pudding for dessert

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 09:17 AM
We were seated at the window with a castle view...We had not even requested it and got it anyway...I think that anywhere in there is great...:thumbsup:

Minnie4me
05-23-2008, 11:58 AM
We just ate at 'Ohana twice last week. :cloud9:

When you go to the podium to check in you can request a table next to a "window" or in the "main dining room". The main dining room is where the fire pit is.

I was watching the screen as they added my request. They have a button to click on for a window table and another for the main dining room.

You may be able to request both, but I am not sure.

DANAM
05-27-2008, 09:50 AM
We just came and eat there Thursday. I wanted to request a window seat when we arrived and forgot but luckly we got one. The veiw of the Castle is wonderful. The only bad thing is I had a hard time taking pictures. There must be some sort of film on the window to prevent the sunlight. So all you can do is watch don't expect pictures.
We also wanted to see the electical water parade and we had a great view from there. It passes for 9pm so be sure to catch it if you can!!!

Simba'sBud
05-27-2008, 04:43 PM
We experienced O'hana's on our last visit in Dec. 07 and had a nice window seat overlooking the courtyard with a slight view of the castle through the trees. But to our surprise, it wasn't the view that captivated us, it was all the excitement of watching the kids with their lei's and coconuts and the huge skewers of meat constantly rising from the grill to our table. Just as we were leaving our table, they made the announcement that Wishes was about to begin, so we made our way outside to the beach area in front of the pool and watched the show from there. It couldn't have been any more magical! Of course, immediately after Wishes, I had to loosen my belt a notch and stretch out in a hammock to allow more room for that bread pudding to settle. (Hopefully not too much info). Simply put, my recommendation is that you make a slightly earlier ressie so that you can get outside for an even better view of the fireworks and try to stay in the central part of the restaurant so your children can enjoy the activities while you feast! Hope you enjoy! :chipdale: