PDA

View Full Version : AKL Villas Concierge

pox24
05-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Just returned yesterday from four nights. Although the concierge was fabulous, I was a little disappointed with the room location. We were in 6209. The balcony was partially covered by the roof, the construction was staring us right in the face, no animals in the savannah and the kitchen exhaust gave a great preview on what dinner was. This was our first time in the Club level at this resort and the service was awesome. The lounge offerings were extraordinary... Next time however I will choose alower Studio with a savannah view. After all the view of the animals should be the highlight of the room.

DVC Mike
05-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Of the 5 Concierge units, 3 face the Sunset Savanna (and the Kidani Village construction) and 2 face the pool.

Horizon93
05-19-2008, 06:47 PM
How was the overall AKV experience?

I have heard similar reviews of the concierge, the glowing and the not so good. I do think that the experience will be better when the Kidani construction is finished and everything is open.

pox24
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I hope I didn't convey the wrong idea. The concierge was fabulous. Check in is in the lounge upstairs. They personalize everything as if you were preparing for a Safari. Turn down service, food offerings, view of the lobby, all a great experience. The view was the only problem, however I would like to return when the construction is complete. Oh I forgot the Sunrise Safari. An hour with only 56 people in a private Kilamanjaro Safari, then the buffet at Tusker House. We actually were on a wait list and they called us on our cell because someone had cancelled. I would definitely suggest trying this. But book in advance, we got lucky. :thumbsup: