PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel this way.......

tink'72
05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
So our annual trip to the World is approaching ( not fast enough I might add) and due to some unexpected expenses I had to cancel most of your dining reservations. I am very sad :sob: about this. For some reason I feel now our trip just won't be as fun. Every year we look forward to our meals with the characters and now I feel it just won't be as exciting. Due to the size of our family we are staying off site so the dining plan is not an option for us. I just feel that without the meals our trip won't be the same and I'm having a hard time with this...Silly I know..

DisneyGrrrl
05-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't think it's silly to feel sad about that. Part of the fun of Disney is planning and going to some of the dining places.

But you know, it will be fun. You'll be at Disney and no one will care about the food I bet. As a matter of fact, I bet you'll get to see and do more as a result! :number1:

tink'72
05-19-2008, 01:05 PM
You'll be at Disney and no one will care about the food I bet. As a matter of fact, I bet you'll get to see and do more as a result! :number1:

Thank you for that. My husband said the exact same thing!

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
You will do and see more..here's how I know!
We took a trip one year before our Disney cruise. We stayed at the WL and I booked NO ADR's at all. We flew by the seat of our pants. We had such a terrific, spontaneous time. It was one of our favorite trips to date. The kids loved not having to watch the clock during their afternoon swim..no getting out of the pool to make it to a dining reservation. We tried some really good counter service places that we never would've tried., like in EPCOT! No watching the clock at all really.
Enjoy yourself. You will find you will have just as good of a time. Really!!!

katzctkpt
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
You will do and see more..here's how I know!
We took a trip one year before our Disney cruise. We stayed at the WL and I booked NO ADR's at all. We flew by the seat of our pants. We had such a terrific, spontaneous time. It was one of our favorite trips to date. The kids loved not having to watch the clock during their afternoon swim..no getting out of the pool to make it to a dining reservation. We tried some really good counter service places that we never would've tried., like in EPCOT! No watching the clock at all really.
Enjoy yourself. You will find you will have just as good of a time. Really!!!

That's how we like it. No clock to watch.

RockChalkKimball
05-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Our next trip will be without too many ADR's. My kids are both taking a friend, so that will cut into the food budget. Our goal is to try all CS places that we haven't tried yet. I am looking forward to it!

big blue and hairy
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
It's not silly that you're disappointed about giving up part of your trip that you looked forward to. Just remember whether you're eating at Chef Mickey's or Casey's, you're eating at the Magic Kingdom. That in itself makes it special and fun.

There some times when we intentionally eat no or almost no sitdowns. We spend more time taking in the atmosphere and riding the rides.

:sulley:

Marilyn Michetti
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
We never make more than two or three ADR's, and just eat where, and when we are hungry. There's NOTHING bad about the CS food, or sometimes, just a snack instead of dinner. Way less $$, and way more time.;)

Septbride2002
05-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I use to love making ADR's and checking out all the dining options - but with a toddler it didn't make sense to do that everyday. I now find that I prefer to do counterservice more often! TS is fun, but in truth it cuts into your park time. I love trying the different counter service stuff at Epcot - last trip we got nachos in Mexico, Bratwurst in Germany, Fish and Chips in England - so you really don't miss out!

It'll be okay - think of this trip as an adventure to try new stuff. Start checking out the counter service menus and make sure to try those places.

~Amanda

Jared
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I would be said in your situation, too, but it's no reason to fret! Dining is an important part of a Disney vacation for me -- that's why I post on this board -- but consider this an opportunity to try new things! Perhaps you'll discover an interesting counter service option you wouldn't have dared eat at otherwise. Think about all the extra time you'll have now you can use on attractions and seeing fireworks and parades.

And next time, when you do have the necessary funds to try the restaurants again, it'll be all that much more exciting.

:tasty: :D

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Dont be upset!........... You are going to WDW!!:mickey:

thejens
05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
If you're the planning type, maybe you could make a list of all the yummy special snacks you could sample this time! Like a dole whip float one day, a mickey ice cream the next day, the mickey rice krispy head etc...Or do the same for fun counter service meals you usually miss while dining in? It would be nice not to have all the schedules to stick to! Maybe you could do one of the breakfasts, they are pretty cheap and often have characters? It will be great no matter what.

tink'72
05-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I knew you would make me feel better:mickey: