PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed a few things missing at the parks

Buttercup
05-19-2008, 09:39 AM
We just arrived back from a lovely trip yesterday. :cloud9: And I noticed a couple things that I think were missing on rides!

- The newsboy on Spaceship Earth was missing completely! I've been hearing about how he is facing backwards now and has a child's voice again... but then I went on the ride and he was gone! This was all week long as well, so maybe they are fixing him?

- Am I crazy or wasn't there a dog on POTC that sat beside the three singing pirates and the donkey (on the left side of the boat)? Anyway, I swear there used to be a dog there singing along. He was gone... unless I'm crazy and there never was a dog there at all!

There were other things too but I am having trouble remembering... I need a vacation from the vacation!

garymacd
05-19-2008, 09:52 AM
We are heading down on Wednesday. I will have to look for those things.

Thanks for the heads-up.

KylesMom
05-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Anyway, I swear there used to be a dog there singing along. He was gone... unless I'm crazy and there never was a dog there at all!
Nope, you're not crazy - the pooch was howling along to "Yo-Ho". I hope he didn't run away! :D

Young@Heart
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
could they have gotten rid of the dog when the did the rehab 2 yrs. ago? I don't see why they would, though. :confused:

DisneyWizard
05-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I didn't notice this on my last trip (granted I was busy being evacuated from the ride when it broke down, but even before that...).

katzctkpt
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I think it was there last June when we were there. Can't remember now but, I'll keep an eye out when we go in Dec.

Ian
05-19-2008, 02:10 PM
We were just there last week ... newsboy was still missing, dog was there.

big blue and hairy
05-19-2008, 02:17 PM
We were just there last week ... newsboy was still missing, dog was there.
Are you talking about the dog in the big burning scene singing with the pirates? I've been there several times in the last couple of months and he wasn't there. The dog was there after the refurb, we saw him, but he's been gone for a while now.

:sulley:

bigbabyblues
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I thought the dog was on the right-hand side of the boat? The one with the keys in it's mouth?

big blue and hairy
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I thought the dog was on the right-hand side of the boat? The one with the keys in it's mouth?
There is (or was) a dog in the burning city scene. He was barking along with the Yo-ho song. The dog you're refering to is a little later in the ride, and like Captain Jack said, he still hasn't moved.

:sulley:

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
could they have gotten rid of the dog when the did the rehab 2 yrs. ago? I don't see why they would, though. :confused:

Wow, has it already been two years??!!:mickey:

Ian
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh oh oh ... no, I was talking about the dog in the jail scene. You mean the one barking along with the trio in the burning village?

I can't say for sure if that one was there or not. I definitely didn't notice he was missing, but I don't remember if he was there either.

And I don't think I have any pics or video to confirm one way or the other.