PDA

View Full Version : Twitter?

WDWFREAK101
05-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Anybody heard of a website called Twitter? I have a lot of friends that have Disney Podcasts and they all have Twitter accounts. Twitter makes no sense to me though. Anybody been on it before? Any tips? What do you do? Is it like Myspace?
Thanks for the help!

Dr_Nigel_C
05-18-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm on Twitter (as well as several friends and family members, and I've found several other INTERCOTees there).

It definitely is one of those "huh?" sites -- it doesn't "do" anything, but it's very popular.

For those that don't know, you log in and just type in something -- 140 characters of what you're doing at that moment, a cool link to a site, or just random randomness.

The idea is to "follow" others -- you'll see their posts (and they'll see yours if they follow you). I do enjoy following people throughout their day (some people post every hour, some once a month).

You can also find several news sources (CNN, etc.) that post during the day -- so it can actually be useful!

My screen name there is drnigelc -- feel free to find me!

DisneyWizard
05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I never understood what this site was about either. I'll have to check it out.

Disney Doll
05-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Okay so I have to admit that DH and I had to look up twittering online the other day to see what it was. We now realize that we are officially old and out of the loop. I just don't get it. It's like a mini blog in a way, but I just don't know why anyone would want to "follow" me throughout the day. My days are not that exciting and I can't imagine that anyone else's life is that exciting either. DH and I thought it was so ridiculous that it's now a running joke in our house. DH will call and say, "what are you doing." I'll say something like "cooking dinner" and DH will say "why didn't you twitter me to let me know?" Then we both laugh. This kind of thing is amusing to us old fogies. BTW, DH is 34 and I am 28.

DisneyWizard
05-19-2008, 05:49 PM
This kind of thing is amusing to us old fogies. BTW, DH is 34 and I am 28.

:rotfl: