PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling well....

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, we got our computer back from the computer "hospital" and all is well with that...then I wind up in the ER on Saturday.

I've been having some pains in my stomach any time that I eat/drink. I hadn't really been feeling well all week and then finally Friday night it got worse and my mom was getting more concerned as was myself.

So Sat. we went to the ER to see what was wrong. For those who don't know by now, I've had Crohn's for 10 years and had many, many surgeries and hospital stays. *Last yr from Oct-Dec I was hospitalized in N.Orleans*

Anyhow, I was so dehydrated that they couldn't find a vein to give me fluids!! They stuck me about 10 times and finally I got fed up and said, "NO MORE". I normally do not let them try that many times, but I knew that my body needed the fluids. I had severe pain and nausea so they had to wind up giving me shots for that b/c I had no IV site.

I'm home today *Sun* and will call my GI Dr. tomorrow morning to see what she tells me to do.

If I could just get some of that special pixie dust I it just may help me feel better! I'm sick of feeling like this and want it to just come to an END!!! ARGH!!

*Update 5/20*

So I went to my GI Dr today. All she told me was that I am a difficult case and very complicated. Boy did that make me feel better. Ugh! She told me she can't do anything for me and that I am better off going to another hospital where they can treat me better. I understand that, but the part of her telling me that I am a difficult case and very complicated keep replaying in my mind. That just makes me more upset. I feel like that visit was a waste of time and a waste of money (copay wise).

jrkcr
05-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Pixie dust is on the way!!
:pixie:

:hug: Hope you feel better soon!!

murphy1
05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Aw, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I know how it is to live with an Autoimmunce Disease. It can just stop you in your tracks. Hoping you feel better soon!

Beast_fanatic
05-18-2008, 06:28 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

MauiMouse
05-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Monica, hope that you feel better soon. Here is some :pixie: dust and a great big :hug:

iluvdizney2
05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
completely understand the pain you are talking about as 2 of my older sons have this as well (one has crohns and ulcerative colitis). One is on remicade because no amt of steroids calmed it down. I am sending you many prayers, that you will you get the nausea under control so you can try and rehydrate yourself.

mickey&missy
05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

I hope your feeling better soon!

SBETigg
05-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Monica, best wishes and :pixie: to get relief soon.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust that you feel better soon.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Dsnygirl
05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Monica, sending loads of :pixie: your way that you'll feel better soon, and the docs will be able to figure out what's going on. Be sure to check in with us and let us know!

disneydeb
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Feel better soon!:hug: &:pixie:

Zippy 1
05-18-2008, 09:45 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Hope you are feeling better soon!

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 10:28 PM
completely understand the pain you are talking about as 2 of my older sons have this as well (one has crohns and ulcerative colitis). One is on remicade because no amt of steroids calmed it down. I am sending you many prayers, that you will you get the nausea under control so you can try and rehydrate yourself.

I am currently on remicade too. I went last week for my treatment, but then my vein started to blow and so therefore, I didn't get the all the medicine in my body. I've done all i can do to rehydrate myself, but it hurts when I eat/drink anything. UGH! I will see what the Dr. says in the AM when I call her first thing. Thanks for the pixie dust..and keep the prayers coming! :cloud9:

Here we go again...
05-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Monica, I hope you are feeling well soon. :pixie:

Melanie
05-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Feel better soon, Monica! :pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
05-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Monica, I am so sorry to hear that you are having a new flare up. I hope you are feeling much better soon. :pixie: :hug:

merlinmagic4
05-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Hope you are feeling much better very soon :pixie:

MsMin
05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Monica, I believe that you will be getting stronger and stronger since you left the tension in New Orleans. May this just be a small bump in the road to a healthier you! :hug: :pixie:

MNNHFLTX
05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Monica, I'm sorry that you've been feeling so bad lately. And then to have to go through that IV ordeal--ugh! :(

Hope you feel better soon. :pixie:

wdwgrl377
05-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Monica, I'm sorry that you've been feeling so bad lately. And then to have to go through that IV ordeal--ugh! :(

Hope you feel better soon. :pixie:

Thank you Beth! I placed a call to my Dr. this AM, and she is out of the office, figures, doing procedures all day. The office staff is going to give her the message I left to inform her I went to the ER over the weekend.

I am suppose to fly to Denver tomorrow, but I am going to see if I can postpone it til later in the week or just not go at all. I don't want to be traveling, and be in another state feeling like this. I've got so much on my mind at the moment, and I'm trying to not focus too much on it b/c it makes my stomach hurt worse. I still haven't heard for sure if the job at the atty's office is mine. So, that is bothering me. UGH! Maybe I'll go pop in my WDW home videos that may help! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-19-2008, 01:52 PM
I hope that you are feeling better soon :) Here is some :pixie: coming your way! Keep us posted.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Lots of good thoughts for you. I hope you are feeling much better soon!

wdwgrl377
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
I updated some information in the original post. Just got back from the Dr.'s office.

tinkerbell04
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
:pixie: Oh Monica, I am so sorry that there wasn't much help from your doctor. I know that you said she was a GI doctor, so shouldn't she be able to deal with a special case?!?!? I hope that you are feeling better and that someone can get help to you soon. :pixie:

wdwgrl377
05-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Thank you Danielle. I have an appt. with the GI Clinic over at UNC, in Chapel Hill on June 17th. I tried to see if they had an earlier appt.,but the ladies who answer the phone were not helpful at all. They told me they are completely booked up.

My Dr.'s office then told me it's best to just go to the ER, at Chapel Hill b/c the Dr.'s and RN's there can help me better.

What bothers me the most and I mentioned it before that scene in my head of the Dr. telling me, "You're a complicated case and very difficult. I don't know what else to do for you, Monica." that plays in my head and make me feel like there is NO hope.

All I can do is see what happens at the hospital at UNC. It's a teaching hospital and they've got more resources there, and I honestly do not mind going there. I just feel like the Dr.s are giving up on me. This is when I feel like there is no hope, all have given up on me, so I might as well give up myself.

I *try* to be positive and keep the faith. I was raised to know that God is in control and He will see me through things, and I know life brings hard times, etc. Thank you all for just reading and listening to me vent my frustrations with this. If I do wind up going to the ER or if something else happens I will keep you all posted. Just keep the prayers and pixie dust coming for a great outcome!

wdwgrl377
05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
I just wanted to add, that I think I am gonna just go ahead to be safe, and head over to the ER at UNC Chapel Hill.

The more I think about it, the worse it could get if I sit around and wait. My mom is going to meet me over there.

I will do my best to keep you all posted, even if I have to get my mom to sign on and post! ha!

hugs to everyone!
Monica

MauiMouse
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Monica, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this for so long. Please keep us updated on what happens. You're in my thoughts. :hug:

mdhiggin
05-20-2008, 02:50 PM
A friend of mine had crohn's. He had his colon removed and had a colostomy bag for a few months while he healed. After that, he went in for another surgery and they formed him a new colon out of some of his intestines. He's doing great now. I think he said he doesn't even have crohn's anymore. He still has to take some medicine, I think, but doing much better.

ElenitaB
05-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Monica, I'm sorry you have to go through this... :pixie: that you can get the care you need at UNC.

tinkerbell04
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Monica, keep us posted and I am keeoing you in my prayers with hopes that you feel better soon.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I am sorry you are still not feeling well. I hope you are able to get some answers.
Many good thoughts coming your way!!

Melanie
05-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Keep us updated, Monica. UNC-CH is a great hospital!

MickeysGirl
05-21-2008, 09:46 AM
I just wanted to add, that I think I am gonna just go ahead to be safe, and head over to the ER at UNC Chapel Hill.

The more I think about it, the worse it could get if I sit around and wait. My mom is going to meet me over there.

I will do my best to keep you all posted, even if I have to get my mom to sign on and post! ha!

hugs to everyone!
Monica

Hey Gang!

I got a text message from Monica. She was indeed admitted after going to the UNC ER. I haven't heard from her yet again this morning, but will post details if/when I hear them.

Let's hope this all goes well and she's feeling better really soon! :pixie: :hug:

mrsgaribaldi
05-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry that I missed this when you first posted Monica. I'm also sorry that you had to be stuck so many times with no luck. :( I firmly believe that your doctor meant you are a difficult case and complicated because you are so special, in a good way;) I just saw that you were admitted so hopeful someone got an IV in you and you are feeling better by now. Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for your recovery.

daparish
05-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Monica,
I am so sorry I am late with catching up. I hope you are feeling better soon. I am glad you did not fly out to Colorado. Let me know if you ever come back to NO to visit and maybe you, me and Beth can get together for diner. Take care.:angel:

daparish
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Gang!

I got a text message from Monica. She was indeed admitted after going to the UNC ER. I haven't heard from her yet again this morning, but will post details if/when I hear them.

Let's hope this all goes well and she's feeling better really soon! :pixie: :hug:

She just texted me. She is having test run tomorrow and will proabably be in for a few more days.

MickeysGirl
05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
She just texted me. She is having test run tomorrow and will proabably be in for a few more days.

Heard back from Monica this morning. She already had an upper GI done this morning that came back perfect! :clappy: She will have another done later today.

From what she told me yesterday, she seems well when in the hospital, but can't control her immune system herself when not. :( I hope she finds out something that makes this all better.