PDA

View Full Version : is MK the fountain of youth?!?!?!

beachezncream
05-18-2008, 01:22 PM
when you walk into MK how old does it make you feel ?
It doesn't matter if your 8 or 80, does it put you in a time machine to a different mental age? :mickey:

IloveDisney71
05-18-2008, 01:27 PM
It makes me feel like a kid again!!! I lived about 30 minutes from Disney until I was almost 12. Needless to say, I spent many happy days in the Magic Kingdom and then in Epcot. I moved away before DHS & AK opened. When I visit the MK I always feel like I'm about 10 years old. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I always feel 8. That is when I first got to experience the magic for myself :cloud9:. There is just something so special and magical about that park. While I love all of the others, a trip to WDW just isn't complete without a visit to MK.

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 02:05 PM
yes :cloud9: Its a place where grown ups can skip, wear Mickey ears & pin lanyards & dance with characters without looking silly

ok you might look silly but you dont feel silly

ok you might feel silly...

but isnt that what its all about??...

A safe, fun place to feel silly :mickey:

A place to get your silly out

I NEED MY SILLY FIX :party:

DisneyFreak23
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
makes me feel about 5. lol. I can do whatever i darn well please and just be my crazy silly self.!

(im 14, but my parents are always telling me im 14 going on 8. apparently they think im immature (gasp!):secret:

mouselover93
05-18-2008, 03:23 PM
im 14 but still makes me feel younger

BluewaterBrad
05-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I cant really say how old it makes me feel, but the main reason we visit so much because we are stress free when we visit. No worries!!:mickey:

snerd475
05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
YES! I really feel connected to childhood again.
It's a place that freezes my face into a smile from the moment I see it. Better than Botox!

barnaby
05-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Definetely feel like a kid again.

This year I got to take my children and wife for their first trip and was my best one getting to see my wife act like a kid and y kids be kids. :)

DizneyFreak2002
05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I think it is the fountain of youth.... I know I feel young when I listen to Disney music, or visit Disney's theme parks...

Gator
05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Actually, the REAL Fountain of Youth is 2 hour drive east of Orlando. But don't drink it. It makes the water fountains at MK taste fantastic.

And yes, MK does make me feel younger than the actual FoY.

Young@Heart
05-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Most definitely! I got the Disney jones when I was 8, but didn't take my first trip until I was 12. Even then, it brought back that little 8 year old girl who dreamt of being on board w/ the Pirates, see a REAL Haunted Mansion, and riding through Space. :cloud9:
Every time I return, that 8 year old girl gets to come out and play again.

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 10:42 PM
It def makes me feel younger than I am when I first arrive in the morning...the problem is that it also makes me feel much older than I am by the time a full day in the MK is done.:)

BritCody
05-19-2008, 07:14 AM
I really think it does make you feel and move like you are younger and the proof to me is my father. During our last visit we went with 20 plus relatives and during our planning stages my cousin was always concerned about her parents and my parents getting around as they are all in their late 70's. I kept telling her not to worry about my parents as they will get around just fine and especailly not to worry about my dad as he will out ride most of the younger folks in our party. To this day my cousin always marvels about my father and what he was able to do in the MK. It is amazing here in Pittsburgh he shuffles around slowly with a cane and in the MK he like all of us is young again

Von-Drake
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I am pretty sure it is for my family. I used to love seeing my grandparents smile when they came down there with us... ahh good times.:goof:

garymacd
05-19-2008, 10:02 AM
You may be right about the fountain of youth. Maybe Ponce de Leon was only off by a couple hundred miles.

We're stopping in St. Augustine on Friday on our trip down to the real world. If we don't see the fountain of youth there, then I do believe you are right!

I know my heart is always lighter when we are there. Even if my feet feel heavier.

MushuGrl
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Gary, you make me sad! WE used to do a St. Auggie stop before WDW too! (As a matter of fact, my best friend is leaving next month and spending two days there before heading for a week at WDW. It's the only thing I miss about flying instead of driving).

IN AGREEMENT! I forget I'm a grown up the minute we go under the archway! Especially when we see a character.

joonyer
05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I think it must be. Just looking at a picture of MK makes me feel like a kid again. and I start thinking about getting back there.

DIppy Dawg
05-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. I just turned 40 a few days ago. When I am at Disney I remove the "0". Where else can you go and act like your kids ages and nobody cares. We are going in November and I plan on being the biggest kid there!!!!!

indytraveler
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
When I walk in the park I'm usually transformed back to when I was about 7-8 yrs. old. My first recollections of my family heading over to see "The Mouse" as my grandfather called him. Lots of memories.

ibrowse17
05-20-2008, 08:54 AM
It really does take me back to being 7 again. I start to feel much younger just arriving on property, but walking into the MK:mickey: really turns back the clock. But then my feet, knees and lower back start to burn after a day in the parks, and I remember that I am 40:secret:

TheMartellFamily
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
When I go I am eternally 10 years old. I do not have to do anything else and a WDW is far cheaper than plastic surgery. So I will always do this as a vacation.