PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what (fill in MK ride name) is like and I never will!

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
What ride does not appeal to you and you plan on never checking it out?

List a ride at another WDW location if there are none in the MK.

Thanks, Doug

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2008, 12:37 PM
There is not one attraction that I would not try at least once. Why would you deny yourself of trying something at least once. I, of course, will miss out on anything that I am not allowed to ride in the case that it is "kids only". But other than that, BRING IT ON!!!!!:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
05-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree I try to try all the attractions at least once.

beachezncream
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
its not MK but at DHS I will never ride Tower of Terror... i love the look of it, and i love the theme and idea... but i just can't bring myself to do it :ack:

Kenny1113
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM
The orange version of mission space. I have no desire to spin :sick:.

beksy
05-18-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll try any ride at least once with the exception of Mission: Space. I'm claustraphobic and usually rides don't bother me but from what I've seen about this one, it could make me panic! :blush:

SBETigg
05-18-2008, 01:08 PM
The orange version of mission space. I have no desire to spin :sick:.

I thought that, too, but I did try it and you honestly have no idea you're spinning. It's very cool. I get sick on spin rides, but not on M:S orange. They manage to trick my mind.

ASweetLov
05-18-2008, 01:11 PM
In MK The Tea Cups. In the rest of WDW the rides I can think of that I will never ride are Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest and Mission Space, These rides would make me:sick:
I tried the Rockin Roller Coaster on my first trip and felt very:ill: for a while

mouselover93
05-18-2008, 01:14 PM
the green version of mission space i need my daily redommended percentage 0g's and g-force and spinnig

elmjimmlm
05-18-2008, 01:17 PM
HS- TOT
RnR
AK- EE

Hello, my name is Amy and I am a :chicken:...

joanna71985
05-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Not at MK, but I don't think I will ever ride MS at Epcot. It scares me too much.

kakn7294
05-18-2008, 02:12 PM
With the exception of the new Toy Story Mania (which I will experience in August), there is no current attraction in any WDW park that I haven't tried at least once. We've even ridden both versions of Mission: SPACE to compare - we really didn't notice that we were "spinning" in orange vs green, but there definately is a difference and orange is more fun! There are some things I'm in no hurry to do again but I'll try something at least once.

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
I will likely never ride the horsedrawn carriage thats around at the park opening..nothing agaisnt horses, but we're always too busy running for one of the "mountains" with the rest of early entry people.

wdwfansince75
05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes.....Oh....forgot....they ain't there anymore! Thought about not doing Dumbo anymore, but June will be Sam's first trip. (DGS#4) Maybe just once more! Do not plan to do Stitch again...once was enough.

Done all the rest, except TSM....will take care of that in June.

Polynesian Dweller
05-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Probably nothing in MK but Kali River Rapids in AK won't get us on it. People coming off there are way to wet for us.

DisneyFreak23
05-18-2008, 03:14 PM
CoP sorry, i guess it just doesnt appeal to me:blush:

thejens
05-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I am not sure I'll ever work up the nerve for Rockin Roller Coaster. I feel very proud of myself for trying every other ride though.

DisneyCrazyET
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Astro Orbiter

snerd475
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
MK: Stitch - too many bad reviews. Not interested.

Not rides, but: Swiss Family Tree House :bored:
Tiki Room
Country Bears
Monsters Laugh Floor

Epcot: Mission Space - can't handle motion simulators :sick:
Ellen's - went on it before Ellen. 35 min too long for me.

Everything else, I've tried, or would, if I had a willing child!

EvilQueen2006
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
The Speedway

barnaby
05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Anything that spins, even slowly - no orange Mission Space, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Golden Carousel, Magic Carpets.

I used to be able to do them, but no more spinning for me. Pretty sad when you get sick on the Golden Carousel. :D

kakn7294
05-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I will likely never ride the horsedrawn carriage thats around at the park opening..nothing agaisnt horses, but we're always too busy running for one of the "mountains" with the rest of early entry people.We've even ridden on those carriages.

Kenny1113
05-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I thought that, too, but I did try it and you honestly have no idea you're spinning. It's very cool. I get sick on spin rides, but not on M:S orange. They manage to trick my mind.

OK thanks :thumbsup: ( to kakn7294 also) I'll have to retract my earlier post. Maybe I will try it !

katzctkpt
05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Probably nothing in MK but Kali River Rapids in AK won't get us on it. People coming off there are way to wet for us.

This is one of the best rides in AK other than EE. You can always purchase ponchos and use them on the ride. You won't get that wet with those on. You're really missing out if you don't try it at least once.

We've rode about everything except at Epcot the Ellen ride just doesn't look to appealing.

Friend of Figment
05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm not in to anything roller coasterish so I skip all the mountains etc. THe upside is while everyone else runs for the mountains, I can hit Buzz and Peter Pan without a wait.

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I try and do everything once. I will not go on Stitch again, b/c it didn't appeal to me and I much rather when it was Alien Encounter. I have no plans on ever going back to see Stitch.

Everything else, in the World, I will try out. :mickey:

letsdoitagain
05-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Aladin's Flying Carpets

TigChatt
05-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes.....Oh....forgot....they ain't there anymore! Thought about not doing Dumbo anymore, but June will be Sam's first trip. (DGS#4) Maybe just once more! Do not plan to do Stitch again...once was enough.

Done all the rest, except TSM....will take care of that in June.

I'm a little confused by this. I didnt think that WDW ever had the Canoes. I thought it was Disneyland that always had them, and still have them.

garymacd
05-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Hall of Presidents.

I guess it just doesn't speak to me on a cultural level.

laprana
05-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Astro Orbiter! If I wasn't a big chicken and terrified of heights, I would try this at least once, but just looking up at it makes me woozy!

Disneytrotters
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Definitely, Space Mountain! It makes me nervous just riding through it on the TTA!!!:(

Venus0880
05-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Tea Cups. While i've ridden it before, I doubt I ever will again. It's just a little to much spinning for me. Also, I've also ridden ToT, but its gonna take some serious coaxing to get me on it again. I really want to want to ride it. I'm so scared though. Last trip i couldn't do it. :(

justlikeeyore
05-19-2008, 11:21 AM
:mickey:Astro Orbiter, Aladin's Flying Carpets and Golden Carousel

MushuGrl
05-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Agreeing with the tea cups and the Astro Orbiter.

Acutally I'd love to do the Astro Orbiter but I'm extremely afraid of heights. I bet the view rawks.

#1donaldfan
05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I can't think of a ride .....at all.....

..can I pick an eatery??? if so.....I will never try Victoria & Alberts.....just to expensive for my blood......it's probably great, but food is food and money is money.......:cool:

joonyer
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Another vote for Astro Orbiter. I don't like feeling exposed at heights. I'm OK up there if I feel enclosed by something, but AO just looks too open for me. Still, on every trip I vow I'm going to ride it, but never have yet. Maybe next time.

bruin1344
05-19-2008, 01:16 PM
barnstormer

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
:( I have a fear of heights, so here are the rides I've never ridden and never plan to ride

AK-Expedition Everest
Hollywood Studios-Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Tower
Magic Kingdom-Splash Mountain and Space Mountain
Epcot-Mission Space

Stitchahula
05-19-2008, 01:40 PM
although my 5 year old wants to go on these he'll have to find someone else to bring him. Tower of Terror and rockin rollercoaster. I think after watching my hubby being carried off mission space by my nephew and sister I'll pass on that one too.

Septbride2002
05-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm not big on Astro Orbitor. Also not a huge fan of Dinosaur - I've done it but once was enough.

big blue and hairy
05-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Ditto, the teacups make me :sick:, but Mission Space orange is awesome. I felt the spinning sensation for maybe, a 1/2 second and it was gone.

:sulley:

drummerboy
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Anything that spins, even slowly - no orange Mission Space, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Golden Carousel, Magic Carpets.

I used to be able to do them, but no more spinning for me. Pretty sad when you get sick on the Golden Carousel. :D
Are we twins? I have a really hard time with round and round rides. I'd like to try the Astro Orbiter, but I'd be afraid of :sick:. I took some Bonine and did M:S, but still felt a little green for a while afterward.

I'm a little confused by this. I didnt think that WDW ever had the Canoes. I thought it was Disneyland that always had them, and still have them.
WDW had canoes and Mike Fink Keel Boats when they first opened. There's a landing near the line entrance for Haunted Mansion.

wdwfansince75
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Drummerboy,
Thanks for responding to TigChatt for me.....Knew they were there once upon a time....Recall DD's # 1 & 2 threatening the lives of their fellow paddlers, and a hysterical CM...while I courageously yelled encouragement from the shore....

Narawen
05-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Mission Space Orange and RNRC. I don't spin like that or go upside down.

indytraveler
05-19-2008, 03:26 PM
AK - Kali River Rapids Don't want to walk around wet afterwards. Yes I know about ponchos etc. still doesn't appeal.

Aggie97
05-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm dying to ride Mission: Space, but I got sick after Star Tours and Body Wars. I just can't do motion simulators. :( No other rides have ever bothered me.

cal5755
05-19-2008, 05:38 PM
There is not a single ride in the 4 main them parks that I won't ride.... the only thing I will never do is Summit Plummit at Blizzards Beach.

laughingplace<3
05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
There are no rides I won't go on, because I'm too scared or anything. The rides I won't GO on (but if I had to, I would) are Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel, AstroOrbiter, Tea Cups... rides that really don't interest me at all.

Hall of Presidents has not interested me at all either, but I still want to force myself to see it. I forced myself to see American Adventure this past summer, and it wasn't that bad, so I prepared for HOP.

beachezncream
05-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Excellent replies. Thanks

Ryan Towle
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
:fresh:wow, I thought this thread would've been full of things like the "Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station" or the "ATAS Hall Of Fame Plaza", but by the majority of the posts, it looks like we've got a bunch of wimps on this site lol. (no offense). :fresh:

laward32
05-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I have rode everything in MK, but I won't ride Stitch ever again.
I don't think I could ever bring myself to ride MS:orange.:mickey:

beachbaby
05-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Mission Space and Rock N Roller Coaster. I would like to try RNR - but that takeoff scares me and I am afraid Mission Space will make me sick.

drummerboy
05-22-2008, 03:41 PM
There is not a single ride in the 4 main them parks that I won't ride.... the only thing I will never do is Summit Plummit at Blizzards Beach.
I worked up to that one by the end of the day, and man, what a rush!

:fresh:wow, I thought this thread would've been full of things like the "Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station" or the "ATAS Hall Of Fame Plaza", but by the majority of the posts, it looks like we've got a bunch of wimps on this site lol. (no offense). :fresh:
Tell you what. You sit next to me with a bucket and towel, or should I say towle?:D) and I'll ride any round and round you want. :fresh:

pink
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
MK:
Teacups (never again)
Swiss Family Treehouse
Country Bears Jamboree (only went in to get out of the rain and never again)

Epcot:
Mission Space (both)

DHS:
Sounds Dangerous

AK:
Kali River Rapids (Unless I was really hot, never again you just get too wet)
Primeval Whirl (never again)

:mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
The Speedway... way too many other cool things to ride in the MK to do that one!

BandMan
05-23-2008, 01:51 PM
ToT. It bums me out, because the theming looks so cool, and DW and DD talk about how fabulous it is. But I get :sick: when the airplane starts decending for Orlando international, so a 13 story drop just ain't gonna happen. :ack: :(

And by the way, I'm NOT a wimp (sniffs indignantly). I love EE, BTMRR and SM - but I can't do that up and down thing.

DisneyDudet
05-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Unless I have kids (I'm sure I will, just not anytime soon!), I will probably never go on Aladdin's Carpets, and I will NOT allow my children on Stich. I have no desire, and I know they won't either! :secret:

I'm not sure I have ever done the Speedway, but maybe when I have kids I will.

I can't rule out anything since I'm still young, but Stitch might be the exception.

chrisb26
05-23-2008, 04:00 PM
I've ridden on it once but will never do so again and that would be.

The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. I just can't stand that bear and the ride just isn't my thing lol

I do like the other dark rides however.

Gee Wally
05-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Tower of Terror

I don't like the sensation of falling. Plus I have a heart condition.

Probably not doing Mission Space either.

EpcotFan182
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't think I'll ever try Rockin Roller Coaster at the studios...I'm not a fan of going upside-down

WDWFREAK101
05-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Every attraction I love at Disney World but if I had to get out of a ride would have to be Stitch. That ride is just....:sick:

alilprincessmom99
05-25-2008, 11:41 AM
For me it would be Kali River Rapids. The people coming off that ride are way too wet for me. I don't want to be uncomfortable for the rest of my day at AK!

gerald72
05-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous...once and done.

RALPH
05-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Mission space. No way ever. Stitch based on the bad reviews.

Young@Heart
05-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Mission Space. Intended to do it 2 yrs ago, and ran out of time. Now, I have no interest in it.

PirateLover
05-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I think there are only 2 attractions I've never been to and never plan on... the regular Country Bears Jamboree- I've heard the songs and I'm not really a fan, although I loved the Christmas version they no longer do. Second would be It's Tough To Be A Bug. I hate bugs. The attraction I did once and will never do again is Sounds Dangerous. Other than that, never say never.

MickeyandTink
05-26-2008, 12:39 AM
There's a few I haven't ridden, but Stich's Great Escape is probably the only one I won't ride. I never cared to see the movie and have no interest in the ride.

jkj1224
05-26-2008, 10:44 PM
I can't bring myself to do stitch...I went on it when it was alien encounter and hated it and now won't go back in the building. :blush:

mrsgaribaldi
05-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Kali River Rapids in AK:(

dudeman1975
05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I will ride anything in Disneyworld, except for teacups. they kind of make me woozy. In Mission Space we were not sure if we wanted to ride orange and I said to my girlfriend this is Disney they are not going to put you in a ride vehicle and spin you around so you can see the spinning outside. She decided to go on and it is now one of here favorites.

AlliMo
05-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Dumbo...never been on it...have no interest in going on it. Maybe if and when I have kids I will feel differently :)

oliver&bianca
05-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I have never tried Rock N Roller Coaster, but I am thinking I will give it a try this coming trip.

June 7-17 (cant wait!!)

disneydoug
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I wish they would have done something 'fun' with STITCHES ride. Most people are disappointed.

Marceline
05-29-2008, 11:37 AM
At MK I will always refuse the Tea Cups...I know it's a classic but.....:ack: I don't do dizziness.

I also have no interest in the Astro Orbiter.

Even my 4 year old daughter sensed the lameness of Stitches Great Escape and bailed while waiting outisde. I miss the old Mission to Mars that was there...heheh that's more mah speed.:thumbsup:

kurt
05-30-2008, 01:40 AM
for me its the teacups. i passed out on a similar ride as a child.:sick:

kadesha
05-30-2008, 11:52 AM
At MK:
Space Mountain. I'm terrified of coasters, so I want no part of a dark coaster!
(I always get a little freaked out when the TTA goes through it! lol!)
Big Thunder Mountain
Teacups

At Epcot:
Mission Space, neither!

At DHS:
I won't ride hardley anything there! lol! I just go to watch the shows, especially Fantasmic! I think the last time I was there the only thing I rode was The Great Movie ride, and it doesn't really float my boat.

At AK:
Expedition Everest (I'm really convinced that I'd have a heart attack on it!)
Dinosaur

I'm a big wimp!

garthbarth1
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
At MK: Stitch...way too strange! Astro Orbiter looks fun, but I am scared of heights and being in the open does not thrill me!
AK-Primeavl Whirl...we were both bruised from getting thrown around so much!
Epcot-Mission Space-either. Motion Simulators make me sick!
Same for Star Tours...

JuicyMoose17
05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I never planned on going on the astro-orbiter and we didn't until last trip... hated it.

Momof2boys
05-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Mission Space - Definately !

I'd also like to say Tower of Terror but the boys are begging to go on it. Each year we try a new ride and thankfully I have Toy Story Mania to use this year but eventually I have a feeling I'll be dropping in that elevator to make them happy.

disneymom2000
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I am not sure I'll ever work up the nerve for Rockin Roller Coaster. I feel very proud of myself for trying every other ride though.

I am right there with you!:blush:

Wrigley
05-31-2008, 10:59 PM
I have no desire to try Mission Space. I get motion sickness really easy and so therefore will never ride this ride. I have stood outside the ride waiting for others to get off, and I have seen some pretty green faces coming off!

JPL
05-31-2008, 11:19 PM
The only 2 rides I have never been on are no longer operating and both are boat rides.

Swan Boats at the MK
Discovery River Boats at AK

If they were still operating I would give both a try just to say I did it all :mickey:

Camping Mom
05-31-2008, 11:57 PM
It would be the Tea Cups. I have never ridden them but all that spinning and I would be :sick:.

I have done Tof T twice and there will not be a 3rd. I have a horrible fear of falling in an elevator and when I am on one, I get very nervous. Tof T just brings that phobia way to close to the top for me!!!!

Ropachs
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Another vote for Tea Cups, that would be instant nausea and headache for me. I felt sick for quite a while after Dinosaur in AK :sick:

RocknRoller94
06-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Most rides are on the tame side for me, but even if it's a new small word, I go on it at least once.:mickey:

alicia524luvstw
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Monsters Laugh Floor Comedy Club---Only if I need a nap. Oh, and TOT once was enough for me.

johnO
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I'd have to say that there is nothing at any of the parks that I would not try at leat one. Even if I don't think I'd be interested in a particular attraction, I'll still just do it so that I can at least say I've done it all.

:mickey:

Stu29573
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Let's see here....
I've never done Splash Mountain, although I did work up the nerve for it once and they closed it due to a thunder storm while I was in line (I HATE falling, but I think it would be a neat ride otherwise)
I've never done ToT for the same reason (although I love the idea, theming, etc)
I finally worked up the nerve for Space Mountain and loved it.
I went on RnRC twice and will never ride it again. Two times feeling sick for a couple of hours afterward is enough....
Call me a wimp, I don't care. At least I'll be feeling good and having fun!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Because Astro Orbiter combines two of my ride dislikes, spinning and heights, I will never know what it feels like to do that ride. I am sure the view must be incredible, but I would never be able to force myself on that one.

disneydoug
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
These are great!
I notice a lot of the same answers, too.

Doug

Mad About Mickey
06-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Two rides for me, the explorer canoes at MK and the river cruise at AK. Not out of any adversness to them, I just never got the chance to ride them before they went to the great theme park in the sky.

goon29
06-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Although I want to, I will probably never try Rock N Roller coaster.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I have tried everything except for the "kids only rides". Since I can't ride those they are they only think that I'll never know what they are like.