PDA

View Full Version : What ride does your family consider its OWN?

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
What is your favorite ride. Favorite insomuch that when you are on it you feel like you are 'loaning' it to the other guests. Which one do you LOVE?

We find our relaxing moments on the 'Blue Line', the 'people mover', the TTA-whatever you want to call it.

We kick back and relax and soak in the 'world' on that and we have done so for 52 trips.

Doug

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2008, 12:42 PM
For our family it is RnR...well, at least for 3 of the 4 of us. Our youngest is currently in the high-fear stage. She'll come around though.

elmjimmlm
05-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Ours has to be KRR...I have a fear of most of the rides but this is one that we do together...:)

SBETigg
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean is ours, but the rest of you are welcome any time. :pirate:

beachezncream
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
ours would be the people mover.. because we do that so we can get off our feet for a bit and still cruise the park :fworks:

TheRustyScupper
05-18-2008, 01:19 PM
1) I don't know if thus is a fair question.
2) I didn't want everyone to know how I allow them ride MY Carousel of Progress.
3) That's OK.
4) You can thank me later.

mouselover93
05-18-2008, 02:22 PM
journey into imagination

FIGMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:figment::figm ent: =] FIGMENT ROCKS MY SOCKS

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 02:38 PM
LOL thats funny because we say this about Buzz Lightyear. My parents, DH, DD and myself start to get giddy about the ride on our way to MK and talk about how excited we are and whos going to be a Commander. Then for the rest of the day whoever has bragging rights touts it and heaven forbid if youre a space cadet! LOL My father, whos married to his very own CM, even practices before I our trips just to rub it in my face (that he can and I cannot) and so he can TRY to beat me.

He never does ;)

To infinity and BEYOND

beachezncream
05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Thank you Rusty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love YOUR ride.

JMTStone
05-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank you Rusty.

You guys can go see our show "Lion King Festival" any time you like!

eeyorelovesme
05-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Go on my Haunted Mansion ride at anytime. :hmghost::bat::ghost:

DisneyFreak23
05-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, if none of you want it , Ill take rights for Space and Splash Mountains!!!!!!:mickey:

cal5755
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Well our family says we will let everyone on our SOARIN ride anytime they like!! You can also ride our SSE too :mickey:

Thank you Rusty we love COP too

snerd475
05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, it's not a ride, but I always refer to the castle as "My Castle". (See Cinderella pics on my homepage - not an ego trip... really!)

My DD and I pretty much think we own SM, since we ALWAYS, without fail, go on that first, like it's a ritual. Paying homage to an old friend.

tadshome
05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Ours is Soarin and we will happily share it with everyone :)

CAS
05-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Ours is an attraction: Illuminations. I'm actually half motivated to tell others around me to stop talking and watch the show. No pictures, no video, just watch ;) . I won't of course, but I want to!

If you'd like to come and enjoy my show you're welcome to...just abide by my rules and you'll be fine :thumbsup: . And clapping/cheering at the end is mandatory.

mouseketeer mom
05-18-2008, 05:45 PM
PIRATES!!!!
We call ourselves a pirate family, my DD 14 wears a piece of aztec gold around her neck and barely ever takes it off. We have always been attracted to all things pirate..and watch the pirate trilolgy alot!!!
Needless to say, Pirates is ours, thanks!

Alaska Disney Fan
05-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Splash mountain is our family ride, so much so that last year during a very low attendance night we rode it 13 times in a row, the last 2 times they didn't even make us get off!!

DizneyFreak2002
05-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Despite the new rides, and the thrill rides, Splash Mountain continues to remain my favorite... I like Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror... But I love Splash Mountain...

mitchsfan
05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I'll take Goofy's Barnstormer. On our last trip in December, my 3 year old was having a god awful time. He lost A LOT of sleep the first night and he never caught up to it.

We went on Goofy's Barnstormer and he wanted to sit on my lap. The CM said that he couldn't so I took him off. He was hysterically crying that he still wanted to ride. I talked him into sitting next to me.

Going down the hill, I started screaming like I was scared and he started to laugh. Since it was an EH night and there was noone in line, he and I rode the front seat of Goofy Barnstormer 9 straight times.

Everytime going up, he would say, "Daddy know what we are on?" Then he would say, "a rooooollllllerrrrr cooooasssterr." I would start screaming again.

It will always hold a special place in my heart!:goofy:

Young@Heart
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL thats funny because we say this about Buzz Lightyear.

Ummmm......excuse me, but that's OUR ride!
;) :mickey:

Well, many people can ride it at once-maybe we can share? :blush:

#1donaldfan
05-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Splash is our ride, and when we are not there feel free to use it.....actually, if we are there, go ahead, we like company !!:mickey:

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Splash Mountain....
DW loves the laughing place
DD loves the FSU possum
DS loves the big drop
DH (me) loves the view of the MK from the outside portion of the ride at night.

LandFan
05-19-2008, 07:19 AM
I would say TTA (people-mover). DH would say TOT or HM (he's not here right now so I can't say which of those two for sure). Mom would say Buzz.

Disney5Mom
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Peter Pan. Here we goooo!!! (Our family ranges in age from 56 to 20) We love all the rides from Everest to TTA but Peter Pan is our special favourite!

Tinkerfreak
05-19-2008, 09:05 AM
SE. We always ride this first when entering and last before leaving if it is open. We really missed this on our last trip but we look forward to seeing the updated version on our next trip.

makin_memories
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Ours is Universe of Energy! The dark, cool, ride/show is perfect for a little R&R. Its long enough to recharge you for more fun in the park, but not too long that it makes your behind sore. Plus it's hillarious! Come on in anytime you please!:mickey:

Venus0880
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
ours would be the people mover.. because we do that so we can get off our feet for a bit and still cruise the park :fworks:

Hey now the People Movers are MINE!!! I am willing to let you rent them when i am not there for a modest fee.:D Just kidding. But it's definitely the favorite, most ridden attraction in my family. You can't beat the view and the fact that it's rarely crowded makes you feel it's all your own.

joonyer
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Ours is definitely Splash Mountain. To explain why, see my post from this thread here: http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1633544#post1633544

MushuGrl
05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
My sister and I (we're 33 and 43) think we're second cousins twice removed from Captain Elizabeth Swann and we're PIRATES BABY!

That and my husband's in there. Ya'll see him? He's the handsome guy in the dreadlocks.

But the one ride that gets the most talk in our family (and extended family) is Buzz Lightyear. We have a MAJOR competition going on between my family and the families of my three best friends over who can maintain the highest score (so far it's my friend in Vegas who scored around 450,000 at Disneyland. I'm about to disown him.) It's nothing for us to ride it three times a day when we go.

I get robbed every time. NOT cause I'm a horrible shooter. Buzz just hates me. Yeah. That's it. He knows my affinity for villians. Zurg don't even KNOW me, dude!

MatterhornMiss
05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't know if any ride is my "own," but I really like COP. Two years ago, I made my cousins ride it (then 12, 10, 7) when we were waiting for Space Mtn. to start running again. I thought they would absolutely hate it, given they don't like Country Bears, but I guess it was corny enough they really had a good time. Even after we came home, they continued to sing "There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow" at me when they saw me. I'm looking forward to riding it with them again in Sept (and hope it's running then).

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-19-2008, 01:34 PM
POC:cool:

Septbride2002
05-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Ours is Pirates - I can't explain my love of that attraction but we will go on it multiple times in one trip. It helps that it is located close to Aloha Isle.

~Amanda

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Dumbo... It's all about Dumbo for us!

I was never able to ride it as a kid, because the lines were too long... But now that I have kids, I always make sure we are at the park early enough so our DD's (4 and 1 1/2) can ride a few times before the line is too long and it is too hot to wait in it!

WE LOVE DUMBO!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
I think all of you that say POTC is yours are sadly confused.:fresh:

POTC is our ride and we will be more then happy to share it on occasion!:)