PDA

View Full Version : Which resort is your HOME away from home?

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 12:14 PM
We love the Beach Club and stay there as often as possible. It is what I would build in my backyard if I was a billionaire, haha. Doug

Polynesian Dweller
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
The signature line says it all, the Polynesian. Every trip when we arrive it feels like we just left it yesterday. The most relaxing place anywhere for us.:cloud9::papple::lei::papple::tikki::papple:

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2008, 12:33 PM
We don't have a home-away-from-home at the world as of now. However, last time we were there we stayed at Pop and we will be staying at Pop again on our next trip. So, I guess that this would have to be it for now.

Ideally, I would love for it to be the Boardwalk. However, if we did that, then we would only be able to return about once every 5 years instead of every 2.

We compromise on resort so that we can do trips more often and we can enjoy the additional things once we get there like BBB and Hoop de Doo!!

azdisneymom
05-18-2008, 12:39 PM
:paw: Jambo! AKL would be my choice. Love watching the animals and listening to the CM stories.

DVC Mike
05-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Our home-away-from-home resorts are the four DVC resorts we own at: Animal Kingdom Villas, Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas.

elmjimmlm
05-18-2008, 12:53 PM
POR...I just wish that it would be that relaxing at home...I would stay there forever...:mickey:

SBETigg
05-18-2008, 12:59 PM
The Grand Floridian feels like home for us.

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Both the WL and AKL feel the homiest to us....thou being able to walk "home" from the MK does give the CR something of a home away from home feel

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Well OKW is literally and truly my home (resort) away from home but I have SO fallen in love with AKL and think my time will be divided between the 2 from here on out.

When I walk into OKW though and they say "Welcome home" it almost makes me cry everytime. It DOES feel like home! I love that place and all the memories my family and I have made there. Ive even come to know & love several of the long time cast members there. When one of the CMs had a heart attack a couple of years back, we heard about it and had to send flowers and a heart healthy goody basket. Hes done so much for us over the years I couldnt imagine not letting him know we were thinking about him and how OKW wasnt the same without him (Hes much better now btw and back at OKW yayy!) :mickey:

princessjojo
05-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, SSR is our DVC home, but for the past several years, I've leased out the castle to others. That's where I belong, but since I live here in NC, others may as well enjoy it. Afterall, every princess needs a castle don't they?

KarenP
05-18-2008, 05:03 PM
For me it is the Polynesian resort. Even when I stay at another Disney resort, when I walk into the Poly lobby and it feels like home.

dumbo ears
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Well from the ones ive stayed at it would be the swan but if I could chooose my favorite resort is would be the contemporary

mudpuppysmom
05-18-2008, 05:58 PM
It's not technically a Disney resort, but for us SOG is home. I like AKL too -- it relaxes me, which makes DH happy since I'm always such a stress ball.

I'd like to someday stay at the Beach Club, but for now we stay at Shades.

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 06:03 PM
It's not technically a Disney resort, but for us SOG is home. I like AKL too -- it relaxes me, which makes DH happy since I'm always such a stress ball.

I'd like to someday stay at the Beach Club, but for now we stay at Shades.

just curious if you guys are military?

GO NAVY

SurferStitch
05-19-2008, 06:50 AM
The Grand Flo is our home away from home. It's so comfortable and relaxing, and every time we walk in the lobby on our first day to check in, it feels like we're coming home. :cloud9:

DisneyorBust
05-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Our home away from home is the Polynesian Resort.:tikki:
Love the feeling that comes over me when I first step into the lobby.

jakeybake
05-19-2008, 09:05 AM
The Beach Club.

It's amazing to me that we felt comfortable and it felt familiar to us after just one day there. There is such a warm and comfortable feeling there for our family. It was like we had stayed there for years the moment we checked in.

I stayed at the GF for a work conference in early March and each night I would take the boat over to MK and then the bus to the Beach Club just so I could walk around the resort and take in the sights and sounds.

I bought one of the hand painted pictures of the resort on the last day of my conference and I have it hanging in my bedroom as a reminder of why my DW and I work so hard and what we have to look forward to.

Jay

Tinkerfreak
05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
For us it is the AKL. It is just so relaxing. We have stayed at the Poly and the BC and while we loved being so close to everything it just did not seem as quiet. Sometimes we just need to go back to the resort and relax in a nice quiet spot and animal watch. I love sipping a cup of tea or coffee sitting in one of the big rocking chairs watching the animals.

ibrowse17
05-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Our favorite resort has always been Ft. Wilderness. While we have not always stayed there, we do visit each trip. Something very relaxing and enjoyable about driving a cart around the loops and seeing how others camp at Disney:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2008, 09:35 AM
The Polynesian.
We even stay in the same room more often than not!

laprana
05-19-2008, 10:19 AM
The Poly is my home away from home (if I had my way it would be my REAL home! :D). Each time we walk into the lobby at the start of our trip, I just take a deep breath and say "Ahhhhh...finally back!" :lei:

Diz-Knee
05-19-2008, 10:50 AM
For me it is the Polynesian resort. Even when I stay at another Disney resort, when I walk into the Poly lobby and it feels like home.

Just like Karen - I've stayed at several of the properties, but the Poly is what feels like home to me. No matter where I stay I HAVE to visit the Poly and go through the shops and have breakfast at Kona or have a drink at the Ohana bar.

DizNee143
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
for me its the boardwalk..i was feel lost when im not staying there..i absolutely fell in love with that resort..
but also kinda OKW..ive stayed there many times and it just feels so i dunno how to explain it..natural?..its just great..
but for my honeymoon i will be staying at my ream resort the contemporary..i may get spoiled have that be my new home away from home..

CU Tiger
05-19-2008, 12:36 PM
For us, it is the FW cabins! :number1: We have all the comforts of home in a relaxing setting. What hotel can you sit out on the deck, cooking some stakes on the grill, drinking a cold beverage:beer::marg:, and what your kids ride their bikes around the loop? This get the kids out of the room and allows us just to sit and chill:cloud9:!:mickey:

bruin1344
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
beach club is legit my home away from home because of the new england theming

Figment104
05-19-2008, 02:14 PM
For DH and myself the WL has been our home away from home. The second we walk through those doors into the main lobby I know I'm home. We're trying the Poly this time which I'm sure we'll both love, but I have a feeling I'll be making at least one trek over to WL just to see it and go shopping at it's store. :mickey:

Septbride2002
05-19-2008, 02:32 PM
The Boardwalk Villas - it took several trips to find our home. We liked the Poly because of how close it is to MK - but we can't afford it all the time, we liked AKL because of the laid back relaxed atmoshpere, we loved PO French Quarter for it quaintness, we tolderated CBR. But after staying at BWV I knew I would be hard pressed to stay anywhere else.

~Amanda

hoop de do
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Fort Wilderness in the cabins. :deer2::squirrel::bfly: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Giselle
05-20-2008, 06:17 PM
WL is our home away from home. It is close to MK so it has great atmosphere. The boat ride to MK is relaxing after a long day and the lobby is amazing.

EditReject
05-20-2008, 09:47 PM
I like to switch it up each time I go so no place really feels like home to me but POR (Dixie Landings at the time-14 yrs ago) really sticks out to me even to this day. I just loved the atmosphere and theming of the place.

katzctkpt
05-20-2008, 11:19 PM
For us it's POR and we try to stay in the same bldg hoping to get back to the 1st room we originally stayed in for our 1st visit as a family. Hasn't happened yet. We've been above it and beside it.

disneydoug
05-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the great response!!!!!

Doug

fielin
05-24-2008, 11:08 AM
For us, it would be POFQ !
Last time, I stayed at POR, and everytime I would pass POFQ by boat, I felt slightly homesick !

cinderellagrl
05-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I used to feel as though the Grand Flo would be my home away from home, but last summers trip to the beach club changed everything. There was something about stormalong bay, beaches and cream, cape may cafe, the beach and benches, and of course the walk to epcot that made me fall in love. I even enjoy the walk to MGM (boo disney studios), it is one of the only places on property where you can truly feel alone. Cannot wait to go back someday!

BronxTigger
05-24-2008, 05:28 PM
It's amazing to me that we felt comfortable and it felt familiar to us after just one day there. There is such a warm and comfortable feeling there for our family. It was like we had stayed there for years the moment we checked in.

I felt the same way about Caribbean Beach. The second the DME bus pulled in, I felt like I had been there before.

I was totally relaxed during my stay. I love the theming there and the lush vegetation that is all over the place but yet not overwhelming. Also, I love the decor inside the rooms.

On my last trip, when I was staying at Coronado Springs, I went over and spent a couple of hours at Caribbean Beach just enjoying the atmosphere and the hammocks. (Yes, CSR has them too but it just doesn't feel the same to me).

tink'72
05-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge :cloud9:!

AdventurerKim
05-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I miss Poly and CBR, but until we make more money (or Disney lowers prices), we make our "home" at POP which is fun! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
The Yacht Club feels just wonderful to me!! :cloud9:

Close second and third would be BWV and BCV.:mickey:

Just thinking about it is making me plan for our next trip! :)

GrmGrninGost
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Wilderness Lodge for me! :mickey:

Princess'Mom
05-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Wilderness Lodge! :mickey: My DD just lights up when they welcome her home!

Marceline
05-28-2008, 03:29 PM
:pine:Another WIlderness Lodge family here. The site of the green steel roof makes my heart flutter. The soaring lobby space puts me in awe and the majestic Christmas Tree enshrined therein bring me into the perfect mood for Holiday cheer.:tree: The voice that says "Welcome Home" brings a grin, ear to ear....I am another one of those who must supress a happy tear. The warm homeyness of the dark wood tones everywhere, the elegance of the granite, the bubbling soothing hot spring in the lobby that turns into the relaxing flow of the cascading waterfall in the courtyard...all make me feel at home and at peace. The beach and Bay Lake and the boats, all give a paradoxical feeling of being in the middle of it all, yet at a secluded private retreat. I WISH my home was this lovely, all the gorgeous mission furniture and arts n' crafts style decorative touches.:pine:

I cannot wait to go back!!!! :santa3:

cal5755
05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
ALL STAR MOVIES.... bright colors......major Disney theming....excellent price....poolside movies.... what's not to love!!! :mickey:

Queen Stephanie
05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I like this thread, because I just love talking about OKW, which is my DVC home away from home. REALLY:thumbsup: Each year we go back and feel as though we never left. Old Key West is the best...and a very close second is the POLY:tikki: I mean there is no place on earth like O'Hana and the Poly... so there you go. Thanks for starting this great thread!

MPLSguy
05-30-2008, 03:31 PM
WILDERNESS LODGE without question or hesitation of any kind! :mickey:

Off to Never Land
06-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Definitely the Poly!!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Coronado Springs! We've stayed there a few times and really like it. We know our way around the resort and love the Pepper Market. However we've been trying out new resorts lately.

RedPanda
06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
OKW hands down! :cloud9: It felt that way for us from the very beginning. We will be there in 21 days and are as excited as if it were our first trip (we're long-time WDW visitors dating back to 1981). We have stayed at most of the WDW resorts and have enjoyed most of them. But OKW just IS home for us!

castlelady36
06-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Though I have stayed at several I always comes back to the first resort I stayed at.....OKW. Just love it!! Warm and inviting...great CM's and just a real nice feeling. It is quiet and the grounds are beautiful. The bus service has always been fantastic and I love relaxing in my large room after a long day at the parks....ahhh....:cloud9: