PDA

View Full Version : Who visits Art (the greeter) at Beach Club?

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Art Lark is an institution in the lobby of the Beach Club. He may be the kindest person in the 'world'. We stay at BC when we can but also stop in and talk to him even when we stay elsewhere on site. It is always worth the trip.
Go see him if you can. Doug

thejens
05-18-2008, 04:17 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club last year and also really enjoyed our visit with him. We found him to be the most charming CM at the BC. We'll certainly look for him when we go to Cape May next time!

playdead88
05-19-2008, 06:05 AM
he did some pin trading with my ds14 :thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
We'll certainly look forward to meeting him in June and telling him his "kindness has circled the earth" on the internet.

jakeybake
05-19-2008, 09:34 AM
We now always stay at the BC so we always make a point to seek him out and say hello whenever we see him. He always acts as though he remembers us, though I think that is just the wonderful way he has about himself that makes you feel that way.

Quasimodo
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
We also seek out Art whenever we stay at the BC. Which would be this weekend if they had put AP rates out!

Anyway, we also saw him on TV a few years ago on Samantha Brown's Great Hotels when she did the Beach Club.

Disneytrotters
05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
We have never actually stayed at the Beach Club, but we always make it a point to visit Art at some point in our trip. Last month, we had dinner at Cape May Cafe on a Monday and he wasn't there, but then we had breakfast there later in the week, so we were able to talk with him. He is the coolest, sweetest CM EVER!!!! Go Art!!!!!!!:cool::thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
My kids get starstruck over Art the Greeter. My DS thought it was amazing that Art traded pins with him!

thejens
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
How many resorts have greeters? I only noticed the one at Beach Club and Contemporary.

beachezncream
05-20-2008, 09:34 PM
We do!! :thumbsup:

He's so sweet! He always takes time to talk with us, even tho he talks with hundreds daily. He really does make it feel as if he remembers you.

He was sick on one of our trips... and we left a card for him telling him he was in our prayers.:mickey:

Lindsay :princess:

MarkC
05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Do you know how hard it is to get teenage boys to smile? A couple of years ago we took a picture with Art and my two teenage sons and a friend of theirs. In the picture they are ALL smiling. I loved it so much I made it an 8 x 10 and hung it on my rec room wall. Gotta love Art!!!