PDA

View Full Version : What will I like at Boma?

Tink2002
05-18-2008, 10:37 AM
So for our upcoming trip me have made an ADR for Boma. I'm definitely a chocoholic so I'm looking forward to the zebra domes I've heard so much about. Aside from dessert, however, I'm a bit picky - not one for the veggies so much. What types of things are good to try here?

ElenitaB
05-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Their soups are great. They have "adventurous fare" with foods and dishes unfamiliar to the US-palate such as quinoa, unusual salads (watermelon rind comes to mind) and curries :tasty: , but they also have things that are very familiar such as carved meat, roast chicken, etc. Boma is one of our favorite restaurants and it gives me an opportunity to get DS to expand his horizons a bit. Every time we've gone there, he's come out of the experience with something new that he likes and is willing to try again at home. :thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I also greatly enjoyed some of the seafood soups they offered...as well as some of the carved meat...but best of all was the sweet area...Zebra Domes rock.

bc002k
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
What won't you like?

The best part is, if you don't like something, just go back up and try something else.

GAN
05-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm picky also -but be adventurous. While many things are unfamiliar, they are surprisingly not that far different from what you may be use to. The soups are unbelievable -the Butternut Squash to die for. Just one example of something I wouldn't ordinarily try.

thejens
05-18-2008, 04:40 PM
The prime rib is very good if you are not adventurous. All the deserts are good, not just the famed Zebra Domes. I love trying everything and agree it is fun to stretch here!

brewcrew26
05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
The hummus was amazing. Also, the soups. DH loved the carrot/ginger soup...it was almost dessert like being so smooth and sweet.

The prime rib and the chicken were smoky and flavorful, very earthy.

I also really enjoyed the fufu (not sure if that's how it's spelled). I think it's like sweet potatoes or something like that. Very yummy!

Try a bunch of different things. And DH suggests don't season it too much, allow it to be like the chef prepared it.

spoonfulosugar
05-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Everything :eat:!!
My stomach is growling right now.
Seriously though, the soups are amazing.

MauiMouse
05-19-2008, 07:04 AM
I agree the soups at Boma are great along with all the different salads. They also have prime rib too, which seemed very popular the night we were there as the line was long. :mickey: