PDA

View Full Version : Campfire/movie question at Ft. Wild.

the other micki
05-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Do you have to be staying at Ft. Wilderness to participate in the Campfire/Movie with Chip n Dale? Or can any Disney resort guest attend? Can anyone give me more info. on this? It sounds fun. What's the best way to get from Wilderness Lodge to Ft. Wilderness for the show? Thank you!

merlinmagic4
05-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Anybody can go. I believe it was the 600-800 loop stop on the Fort Wilderness bus route.

It was a lot of fun! You can roast s'mores on the fire, there is a sing along, Chip and Dale come out to greet guests, and then there is a movie on the big screen.

I'd highly recommend it :thumbsup:

DestinationWDW
05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
:mickey: Hi there! As stated anyone can come and join the fun. First there is a sing-a-long and Chip and Dale come out to greet guests! Then an outdoor movie is viewed! It is a lot of fun. There is bench and bleacher style seating. They sell smore kits or you can bring own fixings. There is boat transportation that runs from Fort Wilderness to WL to MK that you can take and there is also a walking path between the two. Look here on Intercot under Disney Camping for the movie schedule! Have Fun!

disneydad153
05-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Do we have to bring our own smores/ marshmallows and sticks?

Figaro
05-18-2008, 06:36 PM
We sell them. We had to get rid of the All-in-one packs with the grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate, so now you have to buy everything individually, so it adds up to almost 12-15$ in the end. We sell hot dogs and nachos, also. :thumbsup:

Camping Mom
05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
why did you have to get rid of them?

jans2kids
05-19-2008, 01:08 PM
We have done this twice. The first time we had a car and drove to FW and parked. We went to the bus stop and jut asked which bus went in the direction of the movies. They dropped us off and then a short walk to the camp fire area. We took our own smores and sticks. The second time we took the boat from MK to FW, took the wagon ride around the campground, then again found the bus stop and ask each bus when it came if it was the right one. Its a little more difficult returning as it is dark but the bus drivers are very helpful. They dropped us off by the Hoop De Doo Revue as it was letting out and there were resort buses waiting so we hoped on ours and were back at the hotel in 15 minutes.

bfbulldog
05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
It's open to everyone, we did it the first time last trip. It's a lot of fun, highly recommend

MatterhornMiss
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
We had to get rid of the All-in-one packs with the grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate, so now you have to buy everything individually, so it adds up to almost 12-15$ in the end.

Is this really true? I am hoping to (finally) be able to participate in the campfire movie in Sept, but if we have to buy everything separately now, it'll be cheaper just to bring them from home. Are the sticks included with anything? Or should we just get them from the ground ;)

merlinmagic4
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Is this really true? I am hoping to (finally) be able to participate in the campfire movie in Sept, but if we have to buy everything separately now, it'll be cheaper just to bring them from home. Are the sticks included with anything? Or should we just get them from the ground ;)

It's true. It was a big bag of marshmallows (way more than we needed), small boxes of grahams, and hershey bars (regular size). I hate to waste stuff but we just couldn't eat all those marshmallows!!! I believe the sticks were .75 so that part was pretty cheap.

Still totally worth it!

MatterhornMiss
05-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks! I guess once we find out the movie schedule, we'll be bringing our own supplies.

Figaro
06-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Things were changed due to F&B not being comfortable with us selling those small packages... It can now cost 12-15$ for everything, so maybe think about bringing your own if you don't want to spend the money...

Georgesgirl1
06-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I love the movie/campfire/sing-along. We try to go even if we stay off property. My advice is to take the boat from WL to FW. There is a walking trail that is nice, but this time of year it would be quite hot even at night.

Kristin

diz_girl
06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
If you take the boat from WL to FW and you stay for the movie, won't it be too late to take the boat back to WL, since it stops running at 10 p.m., on days when the MK closes early? For example, on some non-MVMCP days the MK closes at 8 p.m., so I guess that the boats would stop running by 10 p.m.

If the boats stop running, then don't you have to walk back to WL in the dark (I don't think that the path is well-lit, if at all)? Will a bus take you directly from FW to WL? If not, then you'll have to take a bus from FW to DTD (if no other park has EMH) and then back to WL. It's been three years since I last stayed at WL and I forget if they share buses. I know that they used to share (back in '97), but I'm not sure about now. Or is there a bus to the WL (and other MK resorts) after the HDD lets out? If there's no direct bus, then I guess I'll be walking (and I'll try to remember to bring a flashlight).

LKCEmom
06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
While it is a relaxing boat ride back and forth between the Lodge and the Fort yes, there is a bus located at the front of Wilderness Lodge and at the back of Fort Wilderness. There are several different loop stops that will take you to the campfire movie but if you're not sure check with the bus driver.