PDA

View Full Version : flying fish cafe

almccart
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
I AM GOING TO EAT AT THE FLYING FISH CAFE FOR THE FIRST TIME. IS IT AS GOOD AS THEY SAY?? WHAT IS THE DRESS ATTIRE??:marg:

Natazu
05-18-2008, 02:18 AM
The dress is business casual but they really couldn't care less if you wear shorts and a t-shirt.

In my worthless opinion, Flying Fish is the best seafood restaurant on property. From the soup to the dessert, every flavor, texture, and aroma is first rate.

Here's a review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570) to read if you're into that.

Sunshine1010
05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Good food....but long dinner (3 hours)

When they ask you how you want your pork cooked, .....don't ask for your pork to be cooked all the way through. The waiter told me I was 'backwoods' for wanting that done. And said I didn't know about pork.

Other than the waiter --- .....the food was good.

bc002k
05-18-2008, 09:34 AM
It's awesome, go there.
Resort casual but I don't think they really enforce those that strictly.

Get the crab cake. :cloud9:

Jared
05-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Flying Fish Cafe is one of the top restaurants in Disney, especially if you like seafood. Don't read Jym's review if you're hungry because it will make you ravenous. The business casual dress isn't particularly enforced, but I still recommend adhering to it. Flying Fish Cafe is a nice place, and I think you'll feel a little more comfortable in clothes slightly nicer than what you wore to the park that morning.

:tasty:

Crow
05-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I went last trip based on Jyms review & it was good. had the snapper:thumbsup:
Its on my list for Sept again

Maleficent's Dad
05-18-2008, 01:27 PM
FF has long been one of my favorites. Jym's review of the place seemed to reach the minions as it's gained immensely in popularity!

If you like good food, especially seafood, and you enjoy creatively prepared meals, then you'll like the place.

It's got awesome food with an unusual atmosphere - it's almost whimsical, hectic, chaotic, and fun... I know that sounds weird, but it really is all the above. It can be loud, and sitting at the counter facing the kitchen is fun (sometimes, the cooks/chef will send samples your way).

Love the place, and the fact that it's on the Boardwalk doesn't hurt it... We spend a lot of time on the BW!

sillyolbear
05-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Exactly as Natazu said. It is a great restaurant.

Natazu
05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
FF has long been one of my favorites. Jym's review of the place seemed to reach the minions as it's gained immensely in popularity!
I'm expecting a check from Keith any day now.