PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: DHS quarter-finals: Grt Movie Ride VS Rockn RollerCoaster

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-17-2008, 07:20 PM
And we're back!
Time to get on the bus and take a quick stop at the DHS region before we go to the east side of the board.

So far:
In the only other matchup, Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission Space by a very wide margin. Spaceship Earth moves on to the Epcot Semi Finals to a yet-unknown opponent.

Now we're at DHS. It's time to pit The Great Movie Ride against Rockin' RollerCoaser featuring Aerosmith.

Here's how it works again:
Vote for which one you enjoy more!!

The next poll will be posted when this thread gets bumped to page 2 of this forum. Voting will close on Monday the 19th!

Happy voting!

Chris :hatter:

KineGirl
05-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh boy... LOL as of yet Im the first to vote for The Great Movie Ride! It was another easy choice for me as that I dont ride thrill rides. Not to mention its another staple. Its not my favorite ride in all the World but its something we do every trip regardless. Plus I do love the classics - why dont they make movies like Casa Blanca anymore???

Stella!!

You dirty rat

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2008, 09:45 PM
RNR for me. Not a thrill ride person really, but love this one.

cal5755
05-17-2008, 09:48 PM
This one was tough... I do love the Movie ride, especially the Wizard of Oz scenes as that is my all time favorite movie... I voted for RNR. It is Aerosmith...great music and a great thrill... I am so hoping we get to ride it this trip... the last 3 trips we went on it was closed twice for refurb!!

Sweezy
05-18-2008, 05:16 AM
while the gmr is a classic, and i especially love the alien scene (still scares me to imagine being fully enclosed in that situation), the rnr is the much more attractive and exciting ride.

Mickey91
05-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Great Movie Ride

mainemajor
05-18-2008, 09:10 AM
While I like them both if I don't get to ride on GMR during a trip I am not dissapointed. If like my last trip I did not get to ride RR I was bummed, so that is why I voted for it

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-18-2008, 10:39 AM
This was tough because they are such totally different attractions.
I'm not a big movie fan, but the montage of film clips at the end of GMR makes it worthwhile for me.

But, RRC is so well put together it gets my vote. :thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2008, 11:15 AM
REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??

I mean is there even a need for this poll??????

I think that the 6 votes that GMR does have were mistakes by the voters. I mean, give me a break!!

RnR is probably the best, if not one of the best, Disney attractions that the Imangineers have come up with.

I think that we need a whole other park for this kind of intensity. I tell you what....it would keep guests from having to leave the Disney property to go find that kind of intensity. They could keep the $$ in their pockets instead of letting Universal have that coin.

KAT1811
05-18-2008, 02:13 PM

I think that the 6 votes that GMR does have were mistakes by the voters. I mean, give me a break!!

RnR is probably the best, if not one of the best, Disney attractions that the Imangineers have come up with.

I think that we need a whole other park for this kind of intensity. I tell you what....it would keep guests from having to leave the Disney property to go find that kind of intensity. They could keep the $$ in their pockets instead of letting Universal have that coin.

:ditto:

LandFan
05-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Not even close! RnRC!

NJ Camper
05-18-2008, 02:28 PM
RnR like both but this wasn't hard RnR blows away GMR still like to do the GMR each trip but could do RnR several times each trip

BritCody
05-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Unlike some who have voted this was tougher for me. I look at GMR as a classic and Original Hollywood Studios Ride that everyone can ride. RNR get my vote but not by as much as you might think

RAIDER
05-19-2008, 07:27 AM
A tough one as i am not a fan of either ..but as i am a woosie and shut my eyes during the entire ride of Aerosmith .....I voted for the Movie Ride as this needs a revamp big time

kelly.garrett
05-19-2008, 07:54 AM
RnR gets my vote!

katzctkpt
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM

:ditto: Most definately Disney need more thrill rides like RRC & EE.

IloveDisney71
05-19-2008, 08:14 AM
I voted for RNRC - not a tough choice for me. I LOVE this ride!!! It is my favorite Disney ride.
I do enjoy the GMR but it doesn't come close to being one of my favorites.

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
RnR - no contest here

avantgardeinker
05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Normally I go for the classics, but I never tire of Rock N Roller Coaster. Had to go with RNR.

:mickey:

Venus0880
05-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I went with RnRC. But it was a pretty tough decision. I also normally go for the one's that have childhood memories attached, so i'm kinda surprised by my choice. RnRC, I feel, can be considered a new classic.

CU Tiger
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
These two rides are hard to compare, but I voted for RnR:thumbsup:!:mickey:

Jeff G
05-19-2008, 12:23 PM

I was about to type a reply but this sums up my view, well said John.

Jasper
05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
These are such different rides that it is almost impossible to choose one over the other. However, since, like others, I agree that GMR needs a SERIOUS revamp I have to choose the roller coaster. I just hope Disney doesn't go overboard with the roller coasters and carnival games like the Buzz Light Year ride in the Magic Kingdom.

bruin1344
05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
RnR, great rollercoaster and love the aerosmith theme, great movie rides needs a major refurbishment, i feel like its been the same since 1989, there has been great movies in the 1990s and 2000s