PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror Changed????

Zimkeeper
05-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know if this has been asked recently, but I just heard from someone who heard from someone else that the ToT has been changed to be milder. Say it isn't so!!!:(

elmjimmlm
05-17-2008, 01:25 PM
That would be good for me...Maybe I would ride it then...:blush:

Jimenyfan
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
We rode in march and it didn't seem any different to me. I also don't find TOT to be to intense.

mickeytravel
05-17-2008, 01:39 PM
we were there last year and it did seem a little milder. I also heard that each time you ride it ,it is different so that might be why.

Strmchsr
05-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure how they would make it "milder." You can't fall half-way. Either you're falling or you're not. The only way to possibly tone it down would be to limit the number of drops. That said, I agree that I don't find it all that intense. Even my DS7 loved it and he's not a big fan of thrill rides normally.

EPCOTExplorer
05-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Completely False.

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 02:34 PM
My best guess is the originator of this rumor was unaware that the attraction has a computer that is able to change the progression of the attraction with each car. So therefore maybe her second experience on the attraction was not as "intense" as her first.:thumbsup:

Every ride on ToT is a great ride as far as I am concerned!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Are you sure they said "milder" and not "wilder"? :cool:

Chris :hatter:

Catzle
05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
We just did tower of terror last week and it wasn't milder at all. We had a blast, we must of went up and down like 6 times. There was even crackling of light and stuff that I don't remember, maybe cause my eyes were always closed, but I really enjoyed it this time, laughed the whole way. So I would say no, they haven't changed it.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Every ride is a random sequence. We feel that some are milder than others but they're all great. The last ride we had three major drops and two minor with no stops except for the initial picture taking one, so it was down all the way, up all the way etc with no pause. That was wilder.:number1:

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2008, 05:20 PM

Good one!:mickey:

chrisb26
05-17-2008, 05:31 PM
I would have to say they didn't unless they changed it since I rode it last Thursday. When I rode it then it went up and down probably 5 times lol

CaptSmee
05-17-2008, 11:37 PM
It's completely random generated by computers. I had a WDW bus driver last week tell us that the left hand elevators have more drops than the right hand one's. I had never heard this before and have no idea if it's true or not.

CleveRocks
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Psychologists have two different terms for this phenomenon: practice effects, and desensitization.

It means that the more times you experience something, the less intense or less strange or less stressful it seems.

In other words, if you go on Tower of Terror enough times, your brain will perceive it as less intense after a while.

It's just simple biology, simple human nature.

The other answer is that when Disney tones things down, it announces it, such as the "green" side of Mission:Space.

Camping Mom
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't care if it is milder or wilder...I won't ride it!! I rode it twice and that is enough for me....Yes, I am a wus!! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 09:10 PM

The wilder the better for me! That was a good answer there!! :D

disneyboy98
05-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Just rode TOT at the end of March and I can safely say it did NOT seem milder. We love the random drops and that one where you get to the end of the ride and they shoot you back up again is one of the best of the four!!

katzctkpt
05-18-2008, 11:32 PM
TOT intense :confused: I don't find this ride to be intense at all. Dinosaur is more intense than TOT.