PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway Season 5

murphy1
05-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Wow, can't believe we are ready for Season 5 already! Coming in July, announced by Bravo this week. I did not hear the exact date yet, so if anyone heard it, please post!

PirateLover
05-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I am very excited that we won't have to wait as long for the next season. It was a killer between 3 and 4. I don't think there's an official date yet, just "July."

I read that Jack did indeed audition again.

Also, as we started talking about in the old thread, there is tons of controversy about the move to Lifetime for season 6 and beyond. NBC universal is suing Weinstein for breach of contract. If the series does keep it's move to Lifetime, it will not be able to keep the same producers as they are exclusive to BRAVO.There are also rumors that the show will move to LA in season 6.

Nina Garcia is rumored to be going to Marie Claire but will still most likely represent Elle in the 5th season.

murphy1
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I am very excited that we won't have to wait as long for the next season. It was a killer between 3 and 4. I don't think there's an official date yet, just "July."

I read that Jack did indeed audition again.

Also, as we started talking about in the old thread, there is tons of controversy about the move to Lifetime for season 6 and beyond. NBC universal is suing Weinstein for breach of contract. If the series does keep it's move to Lifetime, it will not be able to keep the same producers as they are exclusive to BRAVO.There are also rumors that the show will move to LA in season 6.

Nina Garcia is rumored to be going to Marie Claire but will still most likely represent Elle in the 5th season.

A wealth of info you are! Yay, Jack, he is my heavy favorite right now!

murphy1
05-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Jack's not coming back:( I understand his reasons though, he can't take a whole other year out of his life to dedicate to this. I wish him so much success. I'm sad not to see him, the new contestants are lucky, I wouldn't want to design against him, he would have been an automatic favorite.

Melanie
07-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Woohoo - July 16 at 9pm (instead of 10pm, like previous seasons)!

And now instead of being two weeks behind in our cable programming, we are only a DAY behind. I'm so excited I get to discuss and won't know the winner ahead of time! :joy:

ChipnDaleGal
07-08-2008, 05:33 AM
That is great news, Mel. This season will be a lot more fun for you. I hope they have some "fierce" competitors this season! :D

PirateLover
07-08-2008, 10:23 AM

And now instead of being two weeks behind in our cable programming, we are only a DAY behind. I'm so excited I get to discuss and won't know the winner ahead of time! :joy:

Yay that's great!!!!

I'm excited to have something to watch religiously again. I hope this is a great season, as I believe it is the last on Bravo and with this particular production team (magical elves).

murphy1
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Have y'all seen the ads running on Bravo, "who will be this seasons crybaby" I hate that part of the show!! Only a week until premier now.

Camping Mom
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
The drama drives me crazy, the language is appalling....but I love to see what these people can create out of NOTHING. I can barely get a button on!

TheDuckRocks
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I've got my DVR all set up and ready to go! I hate missing an episode so I tape to make sure I don't miss one.

murphy1
07-13-2008, 07:49 PM
This weird thought has occurred to me, are they possibly bringing back past contestants?? I mean they aren't showing any preview whatsoever.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-16-2008, 05:40 PM
It's on tonight! I'm so excited!! :minnie::ccat::tigger::figment:

murphy1
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
All new contestants, so far from what I read I like Jennifer and Joe (he is spitting image of Kevin from last season) meanwhile I am trying to finish a custom outfit and send it out to my model for photos.....

MegaDisney
07-16-2008, 07:51 PM

Yeah I talked to the execs at Bravo for you Mel!

:)

Can't wait, my TiVo is all set!

PirateLover
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I was a bit underwhelmed. I was so excited when they brought back the grocery store challenge, especially after all of the introductions. This group has obviously watched the first 4 seasons and were playing it safe. I cannot believe how many went for table cloths, all the while acting like they didn't realize that is what everyone else did. What, were the table cloths scattered in different aisles throughout the store? Nobody saw anyone else picking a table cloth? Puh lease.

I loved the uniqueness of the winning dress, but nothing came close to the innovation of Austin Scarlett's corn husk dress and that's ashame. And the guy who got eliminated? Oh gosh that was a monstrosity! How could he even back that up with a straight face. The addition of the rubber gloves really sealed his fate.

The previews seem to show lots of drama which is what ultimately makes this show great (besides the actual designs of course!) Here's hoping the season picks up. I don't even have anything close to a favorite.

MegaDisney
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
I avoided reading your post, don't forget that those of us on the west coast have yet to see the premire!:secret:

PirateLover
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
I avoided reading your post, don't forget that those of us on the west coast have yet to see the premire!:secret:
Intercot's rule is, once something airs on the East Coast, it's free range for everyone to talk about it. So your best bet is to not open the thread once you know the show has aired unless you want to be spoiled, although re-reading my post, I didn't even use any names because I've already forgotten them, so you wouldn't even know who I was talking about until the last 15 mins of the show. ;)

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I should have put a few ;););) in my post cuz I was just kidding around.

I didn't read your post cuz as soon as I saw it, I realized that the show had already aired on the east coast, I have to wait till I get home and watch it on TiVo anyway!

murphy1
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I love Austin (look at his wedding dress line, fab!!) He and Nick Verreos are my favorite PR designers!! I can't stand the weirdo tanning boy, I mean Elisa was weird, but she was cute and you liked her, the diaper outfit was gross! Daniel's outfit was awesome!! Using those blue cups, I wasn't too sure about it, but really thought it turned out great, I really hope he had won.

prprincess
07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I was a bit underwhelmed. I was so excited when they brought back the grocery store challenge, especially after all of the introductions. This group has obviously watched the first 4 seasons and were playing it safe. I cannot believe how many went for table cloths, all the while acting like they didn't realize that is what everyone else did. What, were the table cloths scattered in different aisles throughout the store? Nobody saw anyone else picking a table cloth? Puh lease. I completely agree (yes it's me coming out of the woodwork!). Sometimes when a challenge is super difficult I usually feel bad for the designers, and what they have to deal with, but this time around, even though it was their first challenge--NO. Like Tim said, they were a bunch of slackers. And the one who was sent home (sorry, I don't have all their names down yet), indeed deserved it.

Here's hoping the season picks up. I don't even have anything close to a favorite.I hope so, too...I guess because I'm worried about how things will be with Season 6 since there will be so many changes then.

I don't know why, but I'm liking Stella for some odd reason. And I can't help but want Kelly out ASAP. Her model is my SIL's ex-best friend, and she did her wrong BIGTIME, so I don't think I can bear to watch one of my all time favorite shows with her in it!!

Melanie
07-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I really liked the top two designs. The rest were pretty bad, and the bunny suit, as Heidi called it, was hideous. I can't believe he thought it was good. The top half was just a big mess.

I can't help but think things will pick up. I always feel a little eh after the first airing of my favorite reality shows. Just too many folks to keep up with!

TheDuckRocks
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm so glad to see that you young'uns are having trouble knowing who's who, I've been thinking it's one of my senior moments getting confused this early in the game.
Overall I thought that the majority of them really tried to play it safe last night and I'm glad they got called out on it. From the photos of their past work I think there is a lot more talent there than they are showing and the judges and Tim know it.
BTW, was the title that Tim Gunn has for Liz Claibourne (sp) new? I thought in the past he was only referred to as "with the Parson School of Design". Once again it could just be me having a bout with my Old Timers syndrome.

murphy1
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Kay, Tim took that new job with Liz last year. And Nina isn't really at Elle, she was referred to as something else like editor at large??, too. I have a feeling a female might win this time. I hate this, but I think they might keep the surfer kid from drama, don't they always. I also thought the black lady that did that really cool mop rope top did fantastic, it looked like a cable knit top.

PS Maryanne, you were right, here I am post surgery discussing the show again! yay!

PirateLover
07-18-2008, 01:40 PM
PS Maryanne, you were right, here I am post surgery discussing the show again! yay!
Told ya!

I also loved the knitted mop top. The tanaholic girlicious kid needs to go. I can't believe he actually wrote "girlicious" on his model's leg! At this point he's pretty much the only one I can't stand.

PirateLover
07-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I forgot to mention that almost the entire bedroom is furnished by IKEA. Now that I work there, I recognize everything. I'm like "Oh! I know that bedspread! Hey! That's a Malm bed!!"
Funny stuff.

MegaDisney
07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
The tanaholic girlicious kid needs to go. I can't believe he actually wrote "girlicious" on his model's leg! At this point he's pretty much the only one I can't stand.

He needed to go, I think the asian guys was at least wearable, compared to the mop head cod piece the over tanned guy made...

murphy1
07-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Maryann, I would spend all my $$ there if I worked there, even at the food area!LOL

Someone else please agree that Jarelle (?) the black guy, had an awful dress (the blue weird dress). I seriously thought he would be going. The one model cracked me up, "how much is a yard??" I love organic fabric, it's great to work with, but I don't work with it a lot, it's expensive! My top three predictions on who will end up in finals the 40s girl with the flower, the punk blonde goth girl that won last week, and a guy, probably Suede.

MegaDisney
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
MegaDisney finds Suede EXTREMELY annoying!

His third person thing is SO silly!

I am also annoyed with the dark haired older woman "rocker"

I am glad the short shorts guy is gone. His legs were way too skinny to pull off those shorts!

I haven't "connected" with anyone yet, so I don't have a favorite.

PirateLover
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Maryann, I would spend all my $$ there if I worked there, even at the food area!LOL

Someone else please agree that Jarelle (?) the black guy, had an awful dress (the blue weird dress). I seriously thought he would be going.

I'll back you up on that. I thought it was atrocious. It looked like her chest was about to fall out, and the bottom looked like the fringe on the lampshade of the leg lamp in "A Christmas Story."
And actually, I didn't really "get" Suede's dress either... It was innovative, but I don't think it was executed as well as it could've been.
Korto's inside out dress was a mess as well.
I did like Kenley's dress. Very classy.

TheDuckRocks
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Am I the only one who was just shocked at how little knowledge and taste the models had picking out the materials? I loved the silly twit that only brought 2 yards of fabric, I don't care how thin you are, there just might be a need for extra fabric for a ruffle or lining or maybe even a mistake.
I'm not sure which one I dislike the most surfer-dudette or the leather chick. I'm betting they'll both be around for awhile for drama.

murphy1
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, I saw the rerun of the show and my two others I like are Joe and Terri (the skinny black lady), they are both very talented and have done two great designs. Suede's dress, I really admired how he made the fabric together as one piece, that was a lot of work, not really my style, but it was great technically. I wasn't surprised by the models not knowing much, unless they are in fashion school and studying textiles. I have studied it for my business and own knowledge. And the girl is wrong about Jersey not being good for an evening dress, Andre in Season Two did a fabulous job on the one he made for Nicky Hilton.

I just love Heidi, she is fabulous and funny.

prprincess
07-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Suede's dress, I really admired how he made the fabric together as one piece, that was a lot of work, not really my style, but it was great technically.I totally agree with you on that one. It wasn't necessarily something that I'd usually like, but it was very cutesy and extremely well crafted. He just annoyed me talking about himself in the 3rd, person though. And I wonder if he named himself that or if that's his actual given name. Hmmm...

Melanie
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
I obviously have no taste or fashion sense, because I thought Kenley's dress was ugly (and totally Joan Collins :ack:). Same with tanning boy's.

Blanking on her name, but I really wanted the 2nd place girl to win. Pretty dress.

TheDuckRocks
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
I obviously have no taste or fashion sense, because I thought Kenley's dress was ugly (and totally Joan Collins :ack:). Same with tanning boy's.

Blanking on her name, but I really wanted the 2nd place girl to win. Pretty dress.

I agree completely Mel. And I also thought the girl that should have gone home was the one they kept. I can't imagine anything that could have been done to that dress to make it look right and the hem was a total mess, completely shoddy work.

prprincess
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
I totally agree with the both of you. Kenley's dress was pretty ugly. I didn't like the print, or the purple tulle buldge sticking out of the side. I was extremely surprised that the judges chose her as the winner since they made fun of it.

My favorite was the black dress. It's probably one of the most beautiful things that I've seen go down that runway. I really loved how the skirt looked.

murphy1
07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Last night overall I thought everyone did a pretty good job, everytime the models came out, I really didn't hate anything. Tan boy is sooo creepy!!!! So I guess that means he will be staying around for awhile, ew. Terri, the thin black lady, I like her a lot, she's cool. And LeeAnn's dress with the scallops, I loved it, too, very cute and classy, looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn. I will be MIA next week, we're heading to Florida for awhile, I even made three outfits for the girls to wear. Oh, I am entering my Smocking Guild competition in October, I have an original design, I really want to do well, they are getting entries from all around the globe!

TheDuckRocks
08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Shari.:pixie:

Melanie
08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Apolo Anton Ono is the guest judge this week. Woohoo! :thumbsup:

But then again, not sure what fashion expertise he has to offer, unless it has to do with bandanas. :D

murphy1
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey all! We had a blast in Florida and at Disney!! It always inspires my creative side so much, I just want to run home and create stuff LOL. Those of you that see me over on the Dancing with the Stars thread already know how much I love, love, love Apollo, so I was just over the moon to see him, but yeah, I don't know how fashionable he is, but he is a cutie. I hated most of the stuff that came down the runway for this challenge, this is not costume design. I thought Joe should have won, I used to run track and field and totally would have loved that one, but Jen needed to go, and does anyone even like Jerrell? I am not crazy about any of his designs, but that's just me. Nina seems pretty speechless and reserved this season.

prprincess
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I really only liked three designs: Joe's, Korto's, and Terry's. But I thought Terry's the best and it amazes me how she creates these beautiful designs, but hasn't won a challenge yet.

does anyone even like Jerrell? Haha, no! He dresses really wacky and looked like Robin Hood with that goofy hat he was wearing.

IamBelle
08-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I loved Joe's, i wanted him to win!! I didn't like the outfit that won the pants look 70's-ish, but that's my opinion. I didn't like Jerell's (is that his name??) outfit. Blane was right, it looked like outfits from the movie Titanic. I still don't know why that girl that's obsessed w/ leather is still in it.
Oh, btw, is the winning outfit going to be worn to the Olympics, and if it is when will that be, tonight??

murphy1
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
This is just a weird season, leatha lady is there b/c some others did worse than her and so is tan boy. It's my understanding that Ralph Lauren did the Olympic outfits, I was also wondering the same thing about the ladies uniforms, which is who they designed for.

PirateLover
08-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Stella does indeed keep squeaking by because others failed abysmally. But, I kind of like her for some reason. I don't know why. I cannot stand Suede at all. Jerrel, I don't necessarily mind. I actually liked elements of his outfit but it was completely wrong for the challenge. It was like he wasn't even listening. It seems like a lot of these designers have a "retro" aesthetic, which is cool and all because I do as well, but this show is about finding something new. Granted, much of fashion is "what's old is new" but come on... I think letting them look at that museum was a bad idea because they got inspired by old looks.

I think that Terri should've won. Her look actually ended up being somewhat similar to Ralph Lauren's look... but his actually was a bit more stiff looking.

Melanie
08-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Stella was cracking me up that night talking about all the things she could do with leather. Kinda reminded me of that scene in Forrest Gump with Bubba and his shrimp. :laughing:

I like Terri's look the most this week, and was surprised she didn't win. It was very classy. I liked Apolo's input.

MegaDisney
08-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Stella was cracking me up that night talking about all the things she could do with leather. Kinda reminded me of that scene in Forrest Gump with Bubba and his shrimp. :laughing:

I have an idea which will get rid of two of the players I don't like.

Since the over tanned guys tan was voted to be "like Letha" in the text poll, maybe Stella could skin him alive and use his leathery skin for an outfit, then he would be gone and she would have to go to jail.... just a thought!

prprincess
08-12-2008, 11:20 AM
I think that Terri should've won. Her look actually ended up being somewhat similar to Ralph Lauren's look... but his actually was a bit more stiff looking.I had that same thought while watching the opening ceremonies. Terri's look would have been much more flattering.

murphy1
08-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I loved Jerrell's outfit! I thought he was the winner, they are really throwing us curveballs on the editing! Blayne's outfit was awful for the challenge, it was cute, but not right. Kenley is getting on my nerves, but b/c she reminds me of someone I used to work for, but the lady I worked for had blonde hair, same face and voice though and even attitude is similar.

Nani, I think that model you know will be gone next week!

PirateLover
08-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Jerrel and Stella should've won. Kenley is getting a bit annoying. I couldn't believe she was laughing at someone else on the runway like that. I liked Kelli but the outfit was horrible. Question- Have they EVER sent home the person who did NOT design the outfit on team challenges? As far as I recall it's always been the leader, or the entire team.

Don't you just love how in these types of challenges, the person that picks their partner last always acts like they are the one they wanted all along (Like Jerrel with Stella... although hey it did work out).

murphy1
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Maryanne, you are right, I can't think of anyone in a lesser position who was elimnated other than a leader or everyone on the team.

prprincess
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Nani, I think that model you know will be gone next week!I hope so, but I won't get my hopes up until I know that Keith's not going to swap for her. My goodness, you guys must think I'm an awful person!!

Jerrell and Stella were definitely the winners in my eyes. Not only was their design pretty darn good, but they worked well together. Even Tim said so.

I honestly can't wait for next week's challenge. I love Chris March and I'm always fascinated with the types of costumes that drag performers come up with.

prprincess
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
So what did you all think of last night?

To say that I was highly disappointed is an understatement. I went to bed really angry--I feel like for some odd reason, the judges just keep passing Terri up in these challenges. There have been several times where I thought she should have won, and last night was definitely one of those. Her garment was pretty much a piece of art, in my opinion. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll try and listen to Tim's podcast--he'll probably be able to shed some light on the matter.

Other than that, I really commend Suede for standing up for himself, and then for talking to his model about backing him up. And Tanlicious really needs to go!!!

PirateLover
08-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Actually, Tim wasn't a big fan of Terri's. I read his blog, Tim's Take, although I haven't gotten a chance to watch the episode yet.

murphy1
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey guys!! Very, very rough week last week personally, I was literally watching the weather channel and CNN and then on the phone the whole week b/c of all my friends and family in Florida, the elderly ones are in Cocoa/Melbourne, and then I had to contact my cousins in other states and let them know everyone was thankfully okay. My grandparents are only a street over from the beach and they got no flooding. We have had the wonderful Fall like weather in GA as a result, I always crack up at the Weather Channel people and how dramatic they have to get.
I really like Terri's work, she had me cracking up when she said she didn't have no babies to put on a boob or whatever she said a couple weeks ago. OMG, the guy in the Mary Poppins costume that was funny. I guess Kenley will be going to the finals. I really like Stella Leatha.

PirateLover
08-24-2008, 08:51 PM
OK I finally saw the episode, and I think Joe was very deserving of the win. I mean, to get a catsuit to fit like that on a woman is hard enough, let alone a man...and to have it not look like a man! Wow. I wasn't a huge fan of Terri's. I feel like while once again, Daniel didn't meet the challenge...it was still a nice dress. I'm getting really tired of the fringe "swatches" from whatshisface. He does the same thing every week.

prprincess
08-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Actually, Tim wasn't a big fan of Terri's. I read his blog, Tim's Take, although I haven't gotten a chance to watch the episode yet.I saw that. But even if he didn't like it, I meant more to explain why the judges didn't choose her. He always does a good job of that in his podcasts.

PirateLover
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Stella has a boyfriend named "Ratbones." Excellent. She hasn't made one outfit, besides the collaboration with Jerrel, that has impressed me. But still, I found myself smiling when she wasn't eliminated last night.
I think Korto should've won.

MegaDisney
08-29-2008, 12:04 AM
I was not real happy to see Keith go, he was my favorite.

I cannot figure out why Stella is still there!

NotaGeek
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Keith :yes:

Melanie
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Keith :yes:

You guys like Keith? He's seems so sad. :unsure:

MegaDisney
08-29-2008, 01:02 AM

He was adorable! Although that rat-tail would have to go! :blush:

NotaGeek
08-29-2008, 02:31 AM

i think he's a horrible designer, but he's really cute! I hated pretty much everything he did ... just not my style.

prprincess
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
You guys like Keith? He's seems so sad. :unsure:Oh heck no, not me! I'm glad that he's gone. Now if only Tanlicious was next.

I liked the winning design (sorry, I don't know her name because I mixed her up with the other girl), but don't have much else to say about the episode. It was very blah to me.

Well, except for the fact that my least favorite model was booted then brought back. :mad:

MegaDisney
08-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh heck no, not me! I'm glad that he's gone.

We didn't like him as a designer, just thought he was easy on the eyes.... :blush:

PirateLover
09-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Well apparently Bravo doesn't care about ruining the surprise anymore, unless they have something really tricky up their sleeves. It has been brought up in some of the blogs that the project runway fashion show will be on Sept 12. That means there are only two episodes left before fashion week occurs, but there are currently 9 designers still! If they eliminate one each week we will still have 7 designers on the show while fashion week is going on. Should be interesting to see what happens...

J9
09-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Well apparently Bravo doesn't care about ruining the surprise anymore, unless they have something really tricky up their sleeves. It has been brought up in some of the blogs that the project runway fashion show will be on Sept 12. That means there are only two episodes left before fashion week occurs, but there are currently 9 designers still! If they eliminate one each week we will still have 7 designers on the show while fashion week is going on. Should be interesting to see what happens...

That happens every season. I don't know if there's always 7 designers left by this point, but there's usually at least 5!!!

PirateLover
09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
That happens every season. I don't know if there's always 7 designers left by this point, but there's usually at least 5!!!

There have always been 4, in different scenarios.

There have been 4 designers showing with one being a decoy designer (Kara Saun, Jay McCarrol, Wendy Pepper, Austin Scarlett; Santino, Chloe, Daniel V, Kara Janx)

4 showing who are all competing equally (Jeffrey, Michael Knight, Laura Bennet, Uli)

and last year we had 4 designers with one being eliminated right off the bat (Chris March, Christian Siriano, Jillian, Rami).

The show itself has always been reflective of who was on the runway... everyone who was still on the program showed their collection, because of spoilers.

Niecyboo
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Didn't the previews say that they were eliminating TWO designers next week? That will get them closer to the right number. I definitely have my wishes as to who those two will be!

Melanie
09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Grrrr! I REALLY wanted Kenley to leave. I can't stand her and thought that 'outfit' was hideous and didn't follow the challenge rules at all! Stubborn doesn't even begin to describe her.

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Grrrr! I REALLY wanted Kenley to leave. I can't stand her and thought that 'outfit' was hideous and didn't follow the challenge rules at all! Stubborn doesn't even begin to describe her.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but in my house we have been rooting for her ousting. Her voice is so annoying, and we aren't crazy about her designs or attitude. We are rooting for quiet little LeeAnn. She looks like a stereotypical librarian, and she designs the most beautiful funky clothes.

TheDuckRocks
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Kenley has got to go! That girl is always either high and giggling like a fool or weeping all over the place and talking bad about people.:ack: And her garments aren't that great.
Right now I like the work of LeeAnn and Korto, but Korto sure does come across as a grump.
On a side note has anyone else noticed how much LeeAnn sounds like Jillian from last season? Are they from the same area and is it a regional accent?

NotaGeek
09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
For some reason I am just not hooked into this season. The people are REALLY annoying. I read an interview with Tim Gunn and he said that this season's designers had such extreme personalities it left him exhausted when the season ended!

prprincess
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm glad that Tanlicious is finally gone, and that Terri is, too. I was routing for her up until about two episodes ago. I started to see a side of her that I really didn't like, and like Keith said last night, she's just an unhappy and miserable person.

At this point, I'm routing for Leann and Korto. But I honestly don't find anyone as endearing as the contestants have been in past seasons.

Niecyboo
09-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I just thought of a great way to describe Terri last night: "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" LOL. I missed the part at the Planetarium last night, so was catching it tonight. The dress Terri sent down the runway wasn't quite as horrible as the one she sent to be judged the first night, so I was surprised she went home last night, but very very happy. She was horrible. Tonight when I saw it with the fur, I saw she deserved it for her dress as well as her attitude. Isn't that cheating to change the dress so much?

Every time I think I'm liking somebody, they turn mean or whiny or just obnoxious, so I'm having trouble deciding who I want to win this season.

MegaDisney
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I was pleased to see the results of the show last night.

I was especially pleased to see my Keith back, even if it was for only one episode. And was delighted to see her go after the way she treated my aforementioned Keith...:D

prprincess
09-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Spoilers from this morning's runway shows are up, you guys!!

I always forget what the guidelines for linking are, so mods, delete if I'm breaking any rules.

[edited per TOS -- no outside links, please PM poster for link]

PirateLover
09-13-2008, 12:31 AM
:spoiler:
Fashion week:
Leanne and Korto are def the best collections. Joe has some OK pieces, but it doesn't seem to be cohesive. Some of Suede's looks poorly constructed (what else is new) and Jerrel's, as always, just seems odd.
Kenley wasn't too bad but some of her dresses seemed like knock offs from the challenges. One of her dresses had almost the exact silhouette as Leanne's winning design from the car challenge.

NotaGeek
09-13-2008, 01:07 AM
MODERATOR ALERT

Please remember that if you are posting information that is WEEKS away from airing on television, please note that you are posting some serious spoilers -- some members and mods prefer not no know the information ... Most people discuss the past weeks show, and aren't expecting big time spoilers to be listed in the thread...

Thanks and back to the regular schedule forum.

PirateLover
09-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Sorry for not posting a spoiler warning. In past seasons most of us did check out the pictures and discussed them before the show aired so it just slipped my mind about the spoiler warning. Sorry if I upset anyone.

prprincess
09-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry for not posting a spoiler warning. In past seasons most of us did check out the pictures and discussed them before the show aired so it just slipped my mind about the spoiler warning. Sorry if I upset anyone.It was me, I think, so I apologize as well!! I wasn't sure of the rules, so thanks mods, for setting me straight.

But I agree with you on your top two. I liked their stuff, as well. Now that I've seen everything, I'm excited!

NotaGeek
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
The general guidelines for posting spoilers can be found in HERE (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=69984). It's in a sticky at the top of the Movies Section ...

Melanie
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Possible :spoiler:

You know, it just occured to me that I read (somewhere?) earlier in the season that there was a romance this season, and we'd see it. It's almost the end.

And the more I watch repeat episodes, the more I dislike Kenley. :down:

Nini
09-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Was Project Runway on last night (9/17)? My DVR didn't record!

Thanks!!
Denise :mickey:

disney mine-mine
09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes it was on last night. But do not worry, it is on again tonight at nine.

prprincess
09-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Mel, in reference to your spoiler, because when I tried to quote you, you could see the white text on the blue background and I didn't want to double spoil, I'd read that:
:spoiler:Daniel and Wesley had begun dating after Daniel was booted off, so maybe we'll see that during the reunion show?

I was really surprised that the judges chose Suede over Joe. I thought they were endeared to him since he'd won some challenges where I've hated what he'd done, but I guess I was wrong! And yes, Kenley is acting like a huge brat. Yet another designer who I thought I liked, and don't.

Nini
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes it was on last night. But do not worry, it is on again tonight at nine.

Thanks!! I just don't know why those machines choose not to record one show but get all the rest - wierd!!

Denise :mickey:

PirateLover
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
I like Kenley's style, but find her to be rude and immature. We always have to remember there is creative editing going on, but if I'm not mistaken this is the 2nd time we've seen her laugh at someone on the runway.

This has been my least favorite season, I must say. :(

PirateLover
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I just wanted to add that as a teacher, Leanne's first look, that the mother didn't like, was much more practical. I couldn't believe the critique of "It makes you look flat chested." Err... you are a teacher... you aren't supposed to be showing off anything anyway! The final outcome just looked... hot... as in, I would sweat in that thing! Even on the coldest days as a teacher you are always moving around and working up a sweat, especially with the little ones! I don't think I could ever see any of my coworkers in that outfit.

PirateLover
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Helloooooooo, Hellooooooooo! Anybody here?
It was nice to see Kenley finally get some comeuppance. She has been talking back to Tim and the judges since day 1 and it's really been annoying, and sometimes disrespectful. I really like her personal style and I wear some similar clothes, but there is nothing new about them. They are just updates of old styles. I just wish her personality was more likable.

DisneyLandMomma
10-03-2008, 02:42 AM
I have kept coming back to check on this thread and I was thinking no one else was still watching. :(

Ugh...Kenley just drives me crazy. I can't believe how rude she has been, I would of gotten rid of her along time ago. I tried to look up the spoilers (couldn't find anything) because if Kenley was the winner, I was done watching. :blush:

I agree with what the judges said about this challenge not being their best work. Aside from Kenley, I'm happy with the people that are left. Korto is my favorite out of the three so I hope she makes(made) it. :)

thrillme
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I was kinda hoping they'd let Kenly go. I'm tired of her "arguing".

I thought her giggling at her co-contestants "mistakes" was totally rude especially when they were about as down as they could go. Now she's getting a little payback. A designer who has to design for a customer is no good unless the CUSTOMER is happy.

I really feel like Jerell, Korto and Leanne are most deserving to go to Bryant park.

prprincess
10-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm here!! But I wasn't posting because I thought no one was watching. :blush:

I was truly disappointed that Kenley wasn't let go, especially after all of the backtalk. I'm hoping that Korto, Leanne, and Jarrell make it and that she's auf'd next week.

Also, I don't know if you all have read, and I don't know all of the details, but a court has ordered that PR stay on Bravo for the next season, but the Weinsteins are fighting it. I'd love to see it stay on Bravo, but that's just me.

Melanie
10-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm hoping that Korto, Leanne, and Jarrell make it and that she's auf'd next week.

Bummer. I REALLY hope she doesn't win! Now after seeing the wedding ensembles, I'm pulling for Leanne.

ChipnDaleGal
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I was really sad to see Kenley make it to the final three, but Jerrel's wedding dress was really awful. I love both Leanne and Korto, and would be happy seeing either win, but I think Leanne has a more unique style.

ChipnDaleGal
10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I thought Leanne's clothes were beautiful, very feminine and and classy. I love Korto's bold colors and thought her collection was wonderful as well. I loved Kenley's face when she heard that Tim was going to fill in as a judge. That was priceless. So glad she was out first, and that Leanne won. I hope that both Korto and Leanne have a bright future ahead of them in the fashion world. :thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
I loved Kenley's face when she heard that Tim was going to fill in as a judge. That was priceless.

:ditto:

Niecyboo
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I was very happy with the results last night. I had gotten so sick of Kenly. I mean, for all the past contestants she's the first one that truly seemed to get Tim Gunn frustrated. Did anyone notice him actually roll his eyes after trying to convince her not to use the wedding dress for her main model.

Did anyone watch "Top Design" after the finale? They had little unseen snippets from "Project Runway" including a bit about the "love connection" on the show.

Melanie
10-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Did anyone watch "Top Design" after the finale? They had little unseen snippets from "Project Runway" including a bit about the "love connection" on the show.

Oh, I missed that. I'm upset they aren't doing a reunion show.

goofy for pluto
10-18-2008, 11:08 AM
While this has been my least favorite season, I am sorry to hear that they are not doing a reunion show. I always look forward to seeing how the contestants act after they are no longer under the pressure of the workroom.

ASweetLov
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I am glad that Leeann won, I liked a lot of her designs. I did like Korto's designs a lot too. I am so glad Kenley didn't win. I can't believe she lasted that long without being eliminated, her designs I found to be awful.