PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving help

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Its almost time for our Thanksgiving ADR's...Last year we spent our Thanksgiving at the Luau, it was alot of fun. I'm looking for ideas for this year. We would like traditional Thanksgiving food, and family style would be great. I think most places tweak their menus to celebrate the holiday..but I'm not sure where to pick. Thinking of California Grill..would that be ordering off the menu or family style?? I heard LTT is mobbed...help please!!!

wdw_bound
05-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Two years ago we did Thanksgiving at the Fort (MBYBBQ), and it was GREAT!!! Menu is traditional - turkey, ham, stuffing, veggies, cornbread, biscuits, etc. It is a buffet. There is a Country-Western band performing (I don't like this type of music, and still really enjoyed it). Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip an Dale were there, the kids did line dancing, it was great. A photo was included in the package, which was also nice.

The one caution I would offer is to arrive early - the seating is at long picnic tables, and is first come first serve. While there's not really a bad seat in the house, some are better than others.

We'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Jared
05-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Just about every restaurant offers a special holiday menu for Thanksgiving, so you really can't make a wrong choice if you're looking for turkey and stuffing. I advise you to stay away from Liberty Tree Tavern, which serves a Thanksgiving feast for dinner every night, because so many people assume it is the best place for their holiday meal, and the restaurant is absolutely mobbed that night.

:tasty:

ElenitaB
05-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I remember this thread from last year! I'm so glad you enjoyed your untraditional choice at the Luau.

All of the restaurants will have Thanksgiving offerings on their menus for the day. I personally love the California Grille and last year they offered a great line-up of choices. You can find (US) Thanksiving Day menu info on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/holidaydining.asp), including the special menus offered last year and last year's prices.

Reading those offerings has made me sad we're not going to WDW this year for Thanksgiving. ;)

JMTStone
05-17-2008, 04:01 PM
We went Thanksgiving last year but couldn't get LTT when we called for ADRs. We ended up at the Coral Reef. It was fantastic. No Thanksgiving choices though... For lunch at The Land, we had turkey and stuffing instead, then went to late late dinner that night.

My Mom saved me some stuffing in the freezer so I still had her stuffing when I got home. :eat: