PDA

View Full Version : What are the best non disney hotels in anaheim?

mareeld86
05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Just wondering if you could all give me some idea of what you think are the best non disney hotels in anaheim? for just my partner and me for january 20 2009 thanks

NotaGeek
05-17-2008, 12:23 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

There are a ton of Disney Good Neighbor Hotels (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/gnh/landing?name=GoodNeighborHotelsLandingPage) around the resort, and there are many previous posts about this very topic. If you search through the past posts, or just page through you will see them. The more talked about hotels are:

1. Best Western Park Place Inn
2. The Candy Cane
2. The Carousel
3. The Fairfield Inn by Marriott
4. The Ramada Inn Maingate
5. The Potofino

I have stayed several times at The Best Western and Ramada and they are right across the street from the main entrance and a wonderful value. I have also stayed at the Fairfiled and it's about a 10 minute walk.

This past year I stayed at The Marriott and it's a 10 minute drive, or a ride on the Resort Express Bus, but it was really nice, and they had Starbucks in their lobby.

sisterslovindisney
05-17-2008, 02:53 PM
My DS and I stayed two nights at the Candy Cane Inn. It was very nice and reasonably priced. It was about a 5-10 minute walk to the parks and had a really good continental breakfast. Hope this helps!

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 03:06 PM
We really enjoy staying at the Residence Inn in Anaheim and also the Best Western on Katella is pretty nice as well. There are quite a few hotels that are nice to choose from.

Enjoy the trip!!!

quest4dl
05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Howard Johnson's gets alot of good reviews too (check out tripadvisor) and it's getting a new, themed pool in this summer.

teamblackwell
05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Our favorite is the Best Western Anaheim Inn. Its clean and comfortable, and 5-10 minute walk to the main gait. Its also next door to a Denny's.

ChipnDaleGal
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I have only stayed at one off Disneyland resort, the Candy Cane, and I just loved it. Very clean room, the beds were super comfortable and it was a short walk to the parks. Lots of eating options near by as well. :thumbsup:

CogsworthWest
05-27-2008, 02:56 PM
We checked in to one of the Disney-area Ramadas on one of our trips and left the next morning because it was so unclean. We then ventured down the street to the Anaheim Marriott and found it was only $10 more than that horrible motel!! We stayed in the tower portion and had big, comfy beds, all of the amenities you can imagine, and at an affordable price. Check the prices on the Marriott before you book a "lesser" motel.:thumbsup:

P.S. There are TWO Ramada Inn Maingates...one East, one West. Make sure you know which one you're booking before you do because they're night and day.

Marla
05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Harbor Blvd. has alot to choose from. I like the Park Vue Inn. It is directly across the street from Disneyland, and probably the shortest walking distance of all to the Esplanade including the DLR hotels. It is older, but well kept and the staff are great. My second choice would be the Fairfield Inn, just a little further down the street, but the rooms have always been clean and again they have a terrific staff.:tink:

brertosh
05-29-2008, 05:46 PM
We have stayed at The Portofino and The Anabella both of which are nice hotels. The Anabella probably has nicer rooms tho. The HoJo is good too, the pool area for kids is great.

MNNHFLTX
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
We just got back from a stay at the Fairfield Inn Ananheim a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot. The standards were typical of the Marriott chain--the rooms were a good size, beds comfortable and it was nice to have a fridge to put leftovers in. We probably would have stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn a few doors down (quite literally just across the street from the Disneyland grounds and entrance), but it was about 30 dollars more a night. As it was, we had just a 7-8 minutes stroll to get to the actual park gates each mornning. :mickey:

disneymother
07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Although it's an older hotel, we thought the Tropicana was a nice place to stay, and the service was great too. It's a very short walk to the parks, too!
Candy Cane Inn has the best continental breakfast of all the non Disney hotels. No other can compare!

Crystal Palace
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
The Marriott and the Hilton (they're across the street from each other).

I've also stayed at the Anabella Hotel, which wasn't too bad for a lower end one.

There's nothing like a Disney hotel though!:mickey:

special k
07-14-2008, 11:46 PM
My wife and I loved the Crowne Plaza! Great hotel with great transportation and killer pool : )

tealady
07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi!

I have planned to stay at the Candy Cane hotel in August. :mickey:

What is the best way to get there from the airport?

Thank-you!

Nekochan
07-18-2008, 07:39 AM
I'll be at the Candy Cane the from Aug 14-22. I am planning on renting a car for the week, because I have some Hollywood/LA places I want to go see too.

If you are not going to rent a car, if you go to the candy cane inn website, they have a phone number on it for the super blue shuttle 1-800-BLUE-VAN. It's something like $42 for the first passenger and $9 for each additional for a shared van, or private cars from $107 regardless of number of people. These are each way.

If you are planning on going anywhere other than Disneyland, you will need a car, but there are car rental places that the Candy Cane Inn works with that will pick you up at the Candy Cane Inn.

tinkwest
07-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi!

Thank-you!

Which airport?

NotaGeek
07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi!

Thank-you!

Hey there tealady! :welcome: to our community! Just a hint ... you might want to start a new thread with your question so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle!

MegaDisney
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
If your flying into John Wayne (Santa Ana - SNA) I always use Primetime Shuttle.

They are cheaper than Super Shuttle and I have had a couple of REALLY bad experiences with Super Shuttle in California.

avalon451
07-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Howard Johnson's has the Entertainment book 50% off rate on certain days. Sometimes the days are posted last minute, but whenever possible they post them several months out

The Ent rate is $59 a night for a standard room and $74 a night for a deluxe room (recently renovated with new mattresses, fridge and microwaves in room, Disney-facing view with a balcony). You can call and book the Ent rate without the card, and they will ask you for the card at check in. You can buy the Entertainment book for your own area; you only need the card to get the rate. The current book is available now discounted to $10 for most areas, because it expires Nov. 1st.

HoJo's is up one block on Manchester, from the main entrance crosswalk. If you cross Harbor at Manchester, and walk down the west side of Harbor, going in at the taxi entrance, you save yourself a few minutes of walking and are out of the hordes of people on the main drag side of the street. It's about a 7 minute walk to the security stations.

I think it's the nicest hotel close by, for the cheapest rate when you can get the Ent rate. It has interior corridors (unlike the motels right at the crosswalk) and a brand new pirate themed water playground, in addition to the quiet "garden" pool.