PDA

View Full Version : Parking at resorts for dining...

snerd475
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
So, tell me if this is ok to do:

If we're staying at AKL, say we drive over to Poly or CR for dinner, then monorail to MK or Epcot, can we just leave the car at the resort? Is there a time limit or anything?

Thanks!

wendy*darling
05-16-2008, 08:35 PM
If you drive to one of the monorail resorts- you will be asked at the gate/guard why you are visiting.
They will give you a 3 hour parking pass for the purpose of dining and checking out the resort. It is perfectly OK to park at the resort ofr dining.
Sometimes they will look up your ADR, sometimes not.

But...the parking lots at the monorail resorts are not to be used for visiting the parks.
Instead, you should use the MK or Epcot parking lots, then monorail to the resort for dinner.

KylesMom
05-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Typically when you pass through the guard gates at either the Poly or CR you'll receive a 2-3 hour parking pass that you'll put in your window. You'll then be directed where to park for your ADR.

While I've never heard of anyone's car being towed, we've never wanted to take the chance that our rental car would be GONE when we returned from the MK, so we've always adhered to the parking time limit. There's just not enough parking at the Deluxe resorts for both guests and general park visitors.

snerd475
05-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Aha, it all makes sense now. I never thought of that, Linda, since I've never done this before. That's a head-slapping, "duh" moment!

Thanks, Kylesmom! Dang, can't help singing that song when I see your name!

crltkcagle
05-18-2008, 09:25 AM
OT just wanted to let you know that i love your pics from 1975! Its weird to think that is was all there before i was even born! thanks for sharing.