PDA

View Full Version : Adult Beverage Recommendations Around the World

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey All -

I was planning on making my way "around the world" while at Epcot and thought that with that long of a trip, I would probably get thirsty along the way!!

What are your favorite "adult" beverages in each of the countries??

Suggestions....Must trys????

SBETigg
05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Mexico: Fiesta Margarita, frozen stand. But if you want a really good margarita, they have fresh pureed fruit in the margaritas inside at San Angel Inn. Mango, my favorite. :marg:

Norway: Viking Coffee (but it's not a good follow up to the frozen margarita, so maybe save it for another time).

China: ?

Germany: Do a wine tasting and learn about the Rieslings. Yum.

Italy: Another great place for a wine tasting. Rosa Regale is a crowd pleaser, but I prefer Pinot Grigio.

Japan: They used to have some interesting sake cocktails at the Matsu No Ma lounge, not sure now.

Morocco: Moroccan beer from Tangierine Cafe.

France: Another great place for a wine tasting! But the real can't-miss is the Grey Goose slush from the stand.

UK: Black and tans.

Canada: I always head straight for the UK.

Bottom line: a)margaritas in Mexico b)wine tasting in Germany, Italy, or France
c) Grey Goose Slush in France d) Ale or Black and Tans in the UK. The rest is take or leave. And you're better off spreading it out and not doing it all in one whirlwind adventure, for obvious reasons. :)

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-17-2008, 11:50 AM
The 'Rita's at Mexico are awesome and I tried something I think it was at the stand in front of China. It was a plum wine slush and another slush with green tea and jasmine or something like that and they rocked. Especially the plum wine it was really good.

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Mexico: Fiesta Margarita, frozen stand. But if you want a really good margarita, they have fresh pureed fruit in the margaritas inside at San Angel Inn. Mango, my favorite. :marg:

Can you get the fruit pureed margs outside of San Angel??

SBETigg
05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure, because I haven't tried them at the Cantina de San Angel. I've been in the San Angel Inn and at the frozen stand, but if you can get the good pureed fruit ones at the Cantina, so much the better!

JasonH
05-17-2008, 11:23 PM
One of my suggestions is getting a nice cold beer from Norway. My brother had tried this one time and gave me a try at it and have loved it ever since. Need to find out what kind of beer they sell but it really hits the spot! :thumbsup: Also a cold one from Germany is good from time to time. A wine tour at France is great, personally like the reds.

nyobabe2
05-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm in for the Fiesta Margarita as well!! YUM!!! And 1 gets me nicely buzzed to walk around the world.

IloveDisney71
05-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm in for the Fiesta Margarita as well!! YUM!!! And 1 gets me nicely buzzed to walk around the world.

Me too! I love these. :marg:
I had heard wonderful things about the Grey Goose slush from France so I tried one during my last visit. It had a great taste but for the price I expected to get a little "happy" (like I do from the Margaritas) and I didn't experience that at all.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Mexico: Fiesta Margarita

Norway: Viking Coffee

Germany: A wine flight is always good. We also get a German beer.

Italy: The Italian Margarita is great! It is made with Limocello. We also go a wine tasting here.

Morocco: I get a Moroccan coffee.

France: Wine tastings again. We also get a coffee with our pastries.

UK: Black and tan or any other beer is always good.

I've never had anything in China, Japan or Canada.

Belle_0717
05-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Italy- Limoncello Margarita

Morocco- Sultun's Colada

France- Grand Marnier Slush

Mexico- Fiesta Margarita

EvilQueen2006
05-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Mexico- Mango Margarita :marg:
Norway- Viking Coffee :mcoffee:
China- havn't tried it yet but I can't wait to try the plum wine/green teas slushie
Germany- Beer:beer:
Italy- Wine or Italian Mararita:wine:
America- nothing, maybe a Sam Adams if I had to.
Japan- Plum Wine or Sake (or both)
Morocco- moroccan beer:beer:
France- Grand Marnier Orange Slush! Yummy!!!!
UK- Black and Tan or a cider :cheers:
Canada- a beer I guess, but I don't think I've even gotten a drink here.

Disneyglamour
05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Does it cost anything to do the wine tastings in Italy or France??

MushuGrl
05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm all ABOUT the Mango Margarita!!!

SBETigg
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Does it cost anything to do the wine tastings in Italy or France??

Yes, and in Germany. They used to be free, well, free with the cost of a cute little two dollar souvenir glass. We still have ours from our honeymoon, eighteen years ago. Now they charge. I think it's about twelve-fourteen for four-five wines, about 2 oz each.If you get a knowledgeable and friendly CM, it's a lot of fun. If you get someone who doesn't really want to take the time, it's not as good but you still get to enjoy the wines.

SallyP
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
The France kiosk has a new vodka beverage that I just tried last night. It was quite refreshing but very expensive, $15 per flute.
NUVO, by name, is a sparkling liquer. The bottle is designed to resemble a perfume bottle, it's quite unique.
The drink itself is a triple distilled vodka infused with a small amount of French sparkling wine, not necessarily from Champagne but sparkling like a champagne.
It was served over a few pieces of crushed ice and in a plastic champagne flute. There is a battery device sealed in the bottom of the champagne flute that 'lights up' when the liquid is poured into the glass.
I liked it so much I'm checking out our local liquor store to see if they sell it. I think it will be a great summer pre-dinner drink.

BethieTink
05-20-2008, 08:28 AM
A week ago today, I did Drink Around the World. :cloud9: Here's what I did.

Mexico - margarita from the cantina.
Norway - Viking Coffee (loved it!!!)
China - Peach Schnapps Oolong Tea Slushie (yum!!)
Germany - white wine of some kinda
Italy - Rosa Regale (one of my favorites)
America - didn't feel like beer (so we decided that Dasani was our American drink)
Japan - we had lunch at Tokyo Dining and had a fabulous Cherry Blossom Martini. It was divine.
Morocco - Mint Tea
France - Kir Royale.

Never made it to England or Canada this trip.

Scar
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
One of my suggestions is getting a nice cold beer from Norway. My brother had tried this one time and gave me a try at it and have loved it ever since. Need to find out what kind of beer they sell but it really hits the spot!If it was recently, it was Carlsberg. If it was more than a few years ago, it was Ringnes.

My recomendations:

Mexico - cerveza

Norway - øl

China - pi jiu

Germany - Bier

Italy - birra

American Adventure - Beer

Japan - biiru

Morocco - beereh

France - bière

United Kingdon - ale

Canada - Beer

Disneyglamour
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
So Scar...I'm thinking you like beer?? :D:beer:

TheAdventurer
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Le Cellier restaurant in Canada has some great microbrews from Quebec. My favorite is "Fin du Monde" If it's not particularily busy, they'll sell it to you as a take out (and get a cup of Canadian cheese soup to go also while you're at it...yumm....)

Gator
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
My two cents: You can't find the magic when you can't see straight. So I don't touch the stuff while I'm at WDW (plus the whole kid factor). Besides, it's so overpriced, do you really want to get it there?

JasonH
05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the names Scar. I'll have to see if there's anywhere around my area that sells it or can get it in stock. I did originally try the Ringnes and then of course have also had the Carlsberg. Both I have found to be excellent IMHO. And thanks to the Food & Wine Festival a few years back, I also was able to try Honey Lager and Hennesey(sp?). The Honey Lager I'll have from time to time if I'm in the mood for something sweet. The Hennesey...gotta get more money saved to buy that one(if you're wanting the good kind).

tink2006
05-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Our favorite is a 1/2 yard from Rose & Crown and take it over to the garden area and listen to the British Invasion :cloud9:

Last summer a CM told us they were going to discontinue these. In fact, he stated they had not submitted a new order for the 1/2 yards. When their supply was gone, they would switch.

Capt. Sparrow
05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I just did this with my fiancee and friends last week in Epcot. We stopped in every country, had a beer and took a picture in each country. By the time we made it to America we were already sharing beers! My advice would be to plan on spending a good amount of time back at the resort after this for a nice LOOOONG nap down by the pool.

....XX's and nacho's in Mexico are AMAZING together!

Crow
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Mexico-Fiesta Margartia but i dont think i had it last trip
Norway-used to love the Ringes :beer: but its no longer there. Viking Coffee:thumbsup:
China-tea stand has slushies that are now my fav
sometimes i hit the wine in Germany or Italy
never had anything in American but I like Sam
Japan-Sake either in the store or at Tokyo Dining
France-wine or Kir Royal. the slushies also
England-Black n Tan or :beer:sampler
Canada-:beer:

epceddie
05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I had a delicious Blue Curaco drink with pineapple juice at the bar near the Concourse Steak House at the Contemporary.
It came with a blinking ice cube. Too cool. I still use that ice cube at home every now and then.

SharkBait
05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm with :beer:SCAR:beer: (eventhough he is a Mets fan)

Go Phils !!!

Coach48
05-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Even though you can get it anywhere(at home)I love the Spaten Optimator dark in Germany.That and a big brat.Doesn't get any better for me.