PDA

View Full Version : Travel Channel/Disney Special - Casting 5-6 Families To Have Stay At Disney Vacation

mook3y
05-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I have to admit... it was tempting to keep this information to myself.... :blush: My family has applied. :) Good luck to those of you that try out for it!

Posted May 14th -

Travel Channel/Disney Special - Casting 5-6 Families To Have Stay At Disney Vacation Club Featured On TV Show (To Air August 08)

Benefits of family being on show:
-experience Disney Vacation Club travel and accommodations, all expenses covered
-an experience to remember at Disney Vacation Club including hospitality, Disney quality and creativity throughout
-have travel experience be featured on Travel Channel show

Ideal families should:
-have affinity toward regular Disney travel/vacationing / be DVC members or have considered membership
-be fans of Disney
-be multi-generational (possibly live or have support of grandparent(s)/extended family)
-have experience traveling/vacationing at Walt Disney World in Florida, ideally be a Disney Vacation Club Member
-have flexibility to travel the first two weeks of June 08 (firm travel/shoot dates TBD)
-be interested in future travel and stay at Disney Vacation Club with family (beyond production of Travel/Disney special) to Walt Disney World.
-** families of ethnic or cultural diversity are encourage to apply

For casting consideration please send the following information to: [email protected]
-contact information (email address, contact number)
-photo of family
-info about members of family (ages of family members, outside interests and occupations)
-interest/experience in Walt Disney World travel/vacationing

Thank you for your interest in this Disney/Travel Channel project. Due to the volume of submissions, we cannot respond to every family that applies immediately, but we will get back to you as soon as possible if your family initially is approved of casting consideration.

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Very kind of you to share this information. Our family will not be able to apply (even though it kills me not to be able to) due to the timeframe that they are looking to shoot this. However, I am sure that there are other Intercot families out there who would love to take advantage of this and apply!

Best of luck to all of you!! I hope to see the "trip reports" on this one!!:thumbsup:

JMTStone
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
I already have plans to be in the World June 14 - 22nd. BUT my boss just told me a major project would be pushed back a few months.

I'm submitting.

I hope its one of us from INTERCOT.

Thank you for letting us know. I love those travel channel shows on Disney!

5fromabove
05-16-2008, 10:24 PM
This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for families to share their Disney passion. :) :mickey: Hope someone from Intercot gets selected! :)

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
We cannot apply either. My husband is booked for speaking engagements/trainings all thru June. Plus, my daughter has her 8th grade graduation which she would die to miss. Oh! I would put everything aside to do this...but it won't be a go for us this time.

OhToodles!
05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm preparing our submission now.

How are they going to decide so quick who gets to go?

mook3y
05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm preparing our submission now.

How are they going to decide so quick who gets to go?

Don't know... I do know that I am willing to take time off to help DW pack!

:cool: :D

Good luck!

Anyone else applying?

florida girl
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know when the cutoff to apply is? I can't find any info on Travel Channel's website about this, but I did apply...here's to hopes and dreams:)

hlkeck
05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I think I read on another disney site (:blush:) that May 23rd is the deadline

prprincess
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't find any info on Travel Channel's website about thisNeither can I, and I'd like more details before I apply. If anyone has a link, please share!

mook3y
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
The Casting has been updated

NOTE: This is a revised casting profile for remaining four families.

Travel Channel/Disney Special - Casting Four “DVC” Member Families To Share VIDEO & Photos Of Past Family Vacations On Disney Cruise Line and/or Stay In DVC Concierge Resorts In Hawaii, Colorado &/or London

Benefits of family being on show:
-experience Disney Vacation Club travel and accommodations, all expenses covered
-an experience to remember at Disney Vacation Club including hospitality, Disney quality and creativity throughout
-have past and present travel experience be featured on Travel Channel show

DVC member families should:
-be multi-generational (possibly have support and travel with grandparent(s)/extended family)
-have experience vacationing and utilizing DVC’s Disney Cruise Line and/or Concierge Collection - with stay in Hawaii, Colorado or London.
-have ability to share DVC family vacation memories by supplying previously shot home video AND photos of family at DVC resorts, including stay in Hawaii, Colorado or London.
-have flexibility to travel SOON - the first two weeks of June 08 to WDW (firm travel/shoot dates TBD)
** families of ethnic or cultural diversity are encourage to apply

[email protected]

===
For casting consideration please send the following information to: [email protected]
-contact information (email address, contact number)
-photo of family
-highlights about members of family (ages of family members, occupations, interests and methods of capturing family memories)
-motivation and experience with using DVC’s Concierge Collection for travel
-please write "DVC Member" in subject line of email followed by destination traveled with DVC Concierge Collection

Thank you for your interest in this Disney/Travel Channel project. Due to the volume of submissions, we cannot respond to every family that applies immediately, but we will get back to you as soon as possible if your family initially is approved of casting consideration.

NOTE:

Also, Travel Channel is not casting this so doubt you would see anything on this there.

Would suggest you go check out edelmanproductions site if you have doubts as to it being legit.