PDA

View Full Version : What antenna topper is on your car???

threeh
05-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I finally got a car with an antenna and I couldn't wait to get a WDW topper. Any who mine is the EPCOT ball and I love it. Just curious what everyone else has...:mickey:

Happy Planning!!!

Breochaid
05-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I have never seen the Epcot one. Cool! :cool: Mine is Minnie Mouse :minnie:. My husband had Stitch in a bellhop uniform from the ToT, but someone stole it off of his car! :sad: Big bummer! Mine is getting pretty worn out, so I can't wait to get a new one when we go down in December!

tmosier
05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Growing up in south Florida with snowbirds and retirees, the only antenna toppers I saw were on cars of people too old to remember where they parked. :confused: When my younger sister recently told me that she had a few Disney toppers that she actually puts on her car, I laughed at her--- I mean how ridiculous is it to have a stupid Disney antenna topper!!

Fast forward six months and I am now the proud owner of a Liberty Square Mickey head topper! :D And I actually have it on my van this very minute. This must mean I'm getting old, but I prefer to think that it just means the patriotic topper was too cute to pass up.

xipetotec
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I finally got a car with an antenna and I couldn't wait to get a WDW topper. Any who mine is the EPCOT ball and I love it. Just curious what everyone else has...:mickey:

Happy Planning!!!

I've got the Haunted Mansion bat wings on my mini-van of DOOM! :mickey:

mickeysworld
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
A hot pink, furry, grinning Monster from the Muppets. My kids get a big kick out of it and so do I!

mdhiggin
05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Sadly, I don't have an antenna on my minivan, just the lines in the back window. I wanted a topper, but I had to settle for only the Disney family decals on our side windows. I wanted both.

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
We have the Mickey Soccer Ball head which is appropriately placed on the antenna of our "soccer-mom van". :soccer:

hoop de do
05-16-2008, 07:33 PM
We have one for every holiday and seasonal ones for in between. I think we have 16 to 18. Going down in June to replace some and get some new ones. :mickey::thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
05-16-2008, 07:40 PM
I had the red, white, and blue Mickey on my Taurus, but, alas, the Prius has a rooftop antennea that's too thick, and slants backwards, so I put my patriotic Mickey with the rest of the collection.

I had lots of toppers, and decided to make an arrangement. They fit beautifully on the end of a chopstick. I stick them in styrofoam in a bowl, add some silk greens and it sits on the kitchen table as a centerpiece. You can change the greens for flowers, etc. Beats having them in a drawer somewhere.:mickey:

SgtTigger
05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
On my Sheriffs Office truck I have a Red White And Blue one........

On our truck we change them all the time.....

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyorBust
05-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Currently I have a basic black Mickey topper, soon though I will switch over to a Mickey 'golf ball' topper.

starrmomof2
05-16-2008, 10:58 PM
After leaving from our trip 2 years ago, I realized I had forgotten to go back and get the pirate topper I wanted. Last year a friend from work went to the World and she brought me back the skull pirate topper. It's been on my van since!!

Jeff G
05-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I have a POC pirate while my DW has a Mickey for every season.

When I first put the pirate on my car a bunch of my friends picked on me which didn't bother me. Since then two others have got them, which allowed me to get a laugh at their expense.

snerd475
05-17-2008, 08:03 AM
I have the Mickey head PoC on my work truck. My car doesn't have that kind of antenna - bummer - but I am going to take some Intercottee advice and hang one from my rearview mirror next time I go.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2008, 09:34 AM
American flag Mickey!:mickey:

tinkwest
05-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Since I have about 75, I change often. Right now I have my Sorcerer Mickey head. :smickey:

Flower
05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=SgtTigger;1631505]On my Sheriffs Office truck I have a Red White And Blue one........:cop:

Bret - you must have the coolest police truck ever!!! Our guys would not be allowed to do that!

I have the sorcerer Mickey :smickey:topper on the van, except it was inside the van for a while and DS picked off all of the moons & stars - guess that means I can get a new one whenever we go next!

It is funny - When Brandon and I go to the Community centre in the morning I have been noticing SO many of them - at any given time there is at least 6 in the parking lot. Considering we are in Ontario and a LONG way from Disney, I find this rather impressive!:mickey:

kaliepooh
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I have the pink Minnie Mouse on my car. I've had the metalic gold and black mickey in past years. I also have the Mickey with the Animal Kingdom hat on. Minnie is faded but I have a hard time putting her to rest. Maybe I will change it this month.

kakn7294
05-17-2008, 04:58 PM
On my antenna I have a POTC skull with the red headband that Jack Sparrow wears. Inside my Jeep, hanging from the rearview mirror, is a Steeler helmet with a smiley face.

Tick-Tock
05-17-2008, 07:35 PM
POC. At Halloween I try to remember to put on the bat.

My DH has a tiki.

sainter
05-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Right now DH has the basketball one on his and my van has the gold ears on a black head. We put football ones on in the fall (my son plays high school and now college football, and we are cheesehead Packer fans :)). BUT, the football ones never make a whole season without being stolen!
My daughter had Minnie, but someone took that one at college too.
We will have to let her pick out a new one on our next trip in 19 days!!!! :joy:

ibrowse17
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
My car has the classic black mouse ears:mickey:. My DW's car has a such varity of ears that I am not even sure which ones she has on right now:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a HUGE collection, but I only use one on my car. It was the first one I got from the Disney Store right after I started driving. Its a light blue one. Nothing on it, just light blue. It has survived many wrecks in many cars, and it it happily bouncing on my small rubbery antenna.

When we went in Oct, they had key chains near the cash registers that were Mickey heads made of the same thing as the toppers. I got some blue ones that matched my topper perfectly! I love it!

Does anyone know if they still have them?

Tink#64
05-17-2008, 11:28 PM
We have one for every holiday and seasonal ones for in between. I think we have 16 to 18.:mickey::thumbsup:

:funny: I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I usually leave one on for a few weeks & then change it! Right now I have my Tink topper on! I just got her during our Spring Break trip. I have my Disney family stickers on the back window of my Disney van & a tink decal on the side. Embarassed to admit that I also have a Disney licesne plate on the front & the plate frame - Been There, Done That, Goin Back on the back of the van. I'm starting to feel a little silly with so much Disney stuff on the van, but I really love it all! :blush:

mouselover93
05-18-2008, 01:12 PM
planet hollywood

Young@Heart
05-18-2008, 02:13 PM
DH has Mickey w/ a Detroit Lions helmet on for his car. I don't have one for my minivan. :( Someone stole my Princess Minnie one (which I got at WDW) and I can't find any of my old ones. Of course, now they don't sell them at the Disney Store, and no matter how many times I ask DH for one (my b'day, mother's day), he never follows through. :(

DisneyCrazyET
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Right now I have a silver glittery mickey mouse one that is fading. I plan to change it to a POC one as soon as I unpack.

McGoofy
05-20-2008, 06:09 AM
I miss my antennae toppers!:( I had a few seasonal ones that I would change out with the various holidays. In February, we bought a new car. It has satellite radio, so no antennae that is able to be topped. However, on the plus side I have Radio Disney now!!:mickey:

Diznee4Me
05-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I have a blue tye/dye (sp?) Mickey head on my blue Sonoma Pickup which I switch out periodically with a Sorcerer Mickey topper.

My DW has the blue and black "07" from our last trip.

DizNee143
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
i just have the all black mickey one..nothign fancy..just plain..simple..and to the point! lol
:mickey:

Tinksmom
05-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I have quite a collection and my daughter and I like changing them with the seasons as so many others do. Right now we have a pink Minnie with a crown for my princess DD on board. They love them in the carpool line at school!
My DH will not have one on his car unless we are on our way to the World.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-20-2008, 11:28 PM
I switch in between my baseball Mickey topper and my Figment one on my Suburban.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet: They still had the key chains when we were there in December. I picked them up for my kids. They have them on their backpacks. I will be there in 12 days. Do you need a new one??

Coach48
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Had the football helmet with ears but got rid of the car and new one has no antenna...now hanging inside car.

joelkfla
05-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Mickey with golden ears, from DL 50th anniversary. I think it has "Disneyland" printed on it.

DisneyDudet
05-21-2008, 10:46 PM
I switch in between my baseball Mickey topper and my Figment one on my Suburban.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet: They still had the key chains when we were there in December. I picked them up for my kids. They have them on their backpacks. I will be there in 12 days. Do you need a new one??

Since I will be there in about 30 days, just scope them out and see if WoD has them, since that will be our stop before our DCL cruise.

I do appreciate the offer! Hopefully you'll be back before I leave on the 21!

showmethemouse
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
I have a back mickey :mickey3: on my car my sister have one from the mickey mouse club one :mickey::mickey: (it has the the mickey ears hat on and sun glasses) and her room mate has a pink minnie mouse :minnie: and my son ha a stitch :stitch2: my boyfriend is a party pooer he want let us put one on is car

laprana
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I also have an antenna-less car, so I have to live vicariously through my mom! If I could figure out a way to do it, I'd fasten some kind of stick to my car just so I could have a topper! :D She has a huge collection of toppers that she switches out all the time. I think right now she has a basic Minnie topper on, or at least she did the last time I saw her car. She has one for every holiday and then some other basic ones for the other times of the year. She's a teacher and a lot of the kids and other teachers at her school always check to see what topper is on her car now! :mickey: She'll be able to get even more when we're back in WDW in just 7 days! WOOHOO!! :joy::woohoo::yay::clappy::mickey3: Can't wait!!

Kairi_7378
06-02-2008, 01:50 PM
My husband has the sorcerer Mickey on his car. I had the Minnie Mouse one on my car but someone stole it! I am so mad that the Disney stores don't carry them.

Queen Stephanie
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Presently, sorcerer Mickey topper :smickey:

biodtl
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't have one at all, but I plan on getting one, plus the family decal on our next trip.

Right now I have a silver glittery mickey mouse one that is fading. I plan to change it to a POC one as soon as I unpack.

You don't happen to drive a white crossover-type vehicle, do you? I saw one the other day with a sparkly Mickey (in the bright sun, I couldn't see if it was silver or gold - neither of which I had seen before) and I wondered if it was someone here.

DisneyAddict62
06-03-2008, 10:18 AM
We just went last night and bought a new van (well its an '07, new to us!), soI just took off one the old van that looks like a flower with the Mickey-head coming out of it, got that one at the Disney Store a few years ago.

We pick up the new van today, and DS wants to put our Pirate one on (you can tell we already discussed this!!), but you know, I really hope this one has an antenna! I didn't think to look! This van also has the DVD system in it and I asked the kids what movie they want to watch on the way home from picking it up (you know that LONG 15 minute ride home!) and of course they picked Pirates!

I have a gallon ziplock bag I keep in the car and it is full of toppers! We change them all the time, although we keep losing ears! I end up buying 2, one for the car, and one for our centerpiece (thinking alike Marilyn!)

c&d
06-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I have Mickey with shades :shades:

GrumpyFan
06-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Currently, I have the Year of a Million Dreams (sparkly blue cap) Mickey. However, he's fading, so I need to take him off and replace with a newer or different one.

Wolf
06-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I have the safari mickey head right now cause it matches the grey of my car and its so blazing hot in Alabama already. Mom has the year of a million dreams one, she has the thick antena so we bought 2 of all the ones we got last trip and ive been cutting them to fit. Its worked out so far but she kept putting off the YOMD one so I snuck out there the other night and put it on hers. She didnt want to cut it but I knew she wanted it on her car.:secret: its worth it to me.

AHOTE
06-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Sadly, I don't have an antenna on my minivan, just the lines in the back window. I wanted a topper, but I had to settle for only the Disney family decals on our side windows. I wanted both.

I don't have an antenna either but I have a Mickey Mouse :mickey: antenna ball hanging from the inside rear view mirror in my car. All I did was take a large paperclip, I straightened it out, all but one end, so it looks like a shepards' crook, then I used a needle nosed pliers to push it through between Mickey's ears. Honest he didn't feel a thing. Once the end came through the bottom I used the same pliers to make a small hook to keep the ball from sliding off the clip. I have others too that have decorative cording that forms a loop so they can hang on the Christmas tree. :tree: Disney toys & characters from kid's meals work well too. I have a Goofy :goofy2: dangler in the back window which is almost as good as an antenna ball.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
06-08-2008, 12:45 AM
:tigger: I HAVE A MICKEY MOUSE HEAD WEARING A RAVENS FOOTBALL HELMENT:fball:

tinkgirl07
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I used to have the pink mickey with a princess crown on it but someone stole it from my car :mad:

Now I have a pink mickey with red hearts on it I bought sooooo long ago from the Disney Store that I found in a drawer!

BTW I did buy two princess mickey's when i was there in 2006 but now I'm afraid to put the backup on in fear of that one getting stolen too :(

brownie
06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a pirate Mickey, St. Patrick's Day Mickey, a reindeer Mickey, the Incredibles logo, Test Track Mickey icon, and 1 or 2 others; none of which I can use for now since neither our car nor our van have an antenna.

Where's Your Laughin Place
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
I HAD golden mickey ears on my antenna, but somebody decided to steal it.....

Honestly, who steals mickey ears off somebody's car?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Mousehead35
06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
I have the Princess Ears on mine :mickey:

tinkwest
06-26-2008, 01:43 PM
I HAD golden mickey ears on my antenna, but somebody decided to steal it.....

Honestly, who steals mickey ears off somebody's car?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!

We have a Mickey that survived a slight mishap. We parked in a spot with a slight overhang and our antenna hit the overhang and Mickey's ears popped off! I rescued the ears and reattached them with toothpicks.

Skip ahead to later that same year . . . We came out to our car in the stadium parking lot after attending a Padres' baseball game. Our Mickey was gone, but low and behold the car parked next to ours had a Mickey that looked strangely familiar. I surprised myself by boldly going up to the tailgaters sitting around that car, stepping up on their running board, and announcing "I am taking my Mickey back". They first said it was theirs, not mine. I popped off a repaired toothpick ear and commented that it was interesting that they had a repaired Mickey just like mine. Their story suddenly changed to "Oh, we found it just laying in the parking lot". Yeah, OK, Whatever.

em-n-mia's-mommy
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Right now we have Nemo on the trailblazer, but he has become quite faded. The antenna on my charger is too thick for them, so i was pretty bummed I could not put a topper on it. In 2005 we bought a black mickey and in 2006 we bought princess minnie. Next time i go down i need to invest in several.

Nut4DW
06-26-2008, 02:25 PM
It is so cool to read all the antenna balls everyone has - my kids think I'm crazy and I only have nine of them - until I get more in December. I have a Tigger one that is really cute and a checkered Test Track one that I really like too. I keep them on a shelf in my office. I can't wait to add to the collection this December. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I saw another Prius on the road with a Mickey antennea topper, so I put my red, white, and blue one on. It's sure not going to fly off, but it's kind of neat to have it on again. (Plus, we're only a few days away from the 4th of July).:flag:

Jeniflower
06-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Our car has no ariel, and even when it did bad faries took out tigger topper:mad:

But I have a bunny mickey on my computer, eyeore and pot of gold on the back shelf of the car. the evil twin has animal on her PC and all the halloween ones get hung out every year

Bethis26fan
06-27-2008, 09:42 AM
I have the mickey head in a tealish green.

tinkergal
06-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Mine's a faded Tinker Bell. I have a replacement of her but I want the newer one to stay nice...it's whacked, I know. I keep fixing up the faded one w/ Sharpies!

DH has the golfball Mickey.

When we go back in Sept. w/ friends, I have the PotC Mickey to surprise them. Yikes, I hope their van has an antenna! If not, it's the thought that counts. :mickey:

AllDisney
06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Winnie the Pooh tops my car antenna:thumbsup: