PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Meals Reviews

bird
05-16-2008, 01:53 PM
My family and I just returned from our first family vacation from Disney. Although we aren't professionals here are my reviews from the table service meals>
BOMA- Only had to wait about 3 min for our table.The food selection was good, it's different and everyone enjoyed it even our small kids. They were able to eat from anything on the buffet. Our waiter was professional and he never said anything to us about a tip, as a matter of fact non of the waiters said anything to us about a tip. We didn't mind leaving the 18%.
Coral Reef-Only had to wait about 5 min for our table. Our sons loved having a table by the aquriuam, very nice. The quality of the food was good. My husband ordered crab legs and I had the Mahi-Mahi. I tired the sobet for dessert and my husband had key lime pie. Everything was good, not complaints. The waiter was professional and friendly, he didn't mention anything about the tip not being included. We didn't mind leaving a good tip.
Chef Mickey's-Waited about 10 mins for dinner. Didn't really care for the food but because it was for the kids we managed. The dessert bar was nice though. I rate this as OK but not on our priority for our next trip. Mickey skipped our table I'm sure he didn't realize it until the disney staff came over because she noticed it but Mickey was not friendly at all. It was like get your picture so I can go type of thing. Mickey was having a bad night. We prefer the Crystal Palace anytime over Chef Mickey's any time.
Crystal Palace-We waited about 7 min for our table and we enjoyed it very much. We had a late breakfast at 10:20 I highly suggest families to do this. We were so full that we were ble to skip lunch.The food was good, nice variety for breakfast, the characters were very friendly and the atmospher was very nice for a buffet style breakfast. I will put this on the list for our next visit, hopefully we can try the lunch or dinner.
Kona-Had breakfast and the food was good they also give you a lot of food. My kids could have split a breakfast as my youngest wasted his food.

Overall we were very pleased about the meals we had at Disney, one thing I will say is that you won't leave Disney hungry, they give you alot of food. My youngest 3.5 wasted alot of food, so we learned our lesson for our next trip. Sharing is the way to go!

Yolanda
VA

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I was very glad to read this since we will be eating at Boma, Kona and Crystal Palace on our next visit...Thanks

Jared
05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Glad to hear you had mostly good experiences, and thanks for posting reviews. Too bad Mickey wasn't too playful at Chef Mickey's. My family prefers The Crystal Palace, too, and 1900 Park Fare.

:tasty:

DisneyCouture
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the reviews, we are going to be trying Kona for the first time our next trip. My family prefers Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's too.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Sounds like you had some great meals! Thanks for the reviews.

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like it was pretty good experiences! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks so much for your reviews. We will be eating at all of the same restaurants that you did - minus the Coral Reef. I just can't bring myself to eat seafood while the fish all swim by saying "please don't eat my friend!" :fishbowl:

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews. It's a bummer about that glitch with Mickey. For the most part though, looks like a good experience. Thanks again.

brewcrew26
05-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the reviews. That had to be a bummer about Mickey in a bad mood. That's gotta be an oxymoron!

Boma is so good. I'm glad the little one's liked it. It can be difficult with some of the interesting dishes on the menu. But Crystal Palace ranks up there for breakfast for us, too. I agree about Chef Mickey's. I have never been overly impressed with it either.

TBY2225
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Great reviews. I agree with eating brunch and skipping lunch. I am also all about sharing! My DD6 and I share and my DS2 and my husband share alot!