PDA

View Full Version : Play/Fun Fountains

MidnTPK
05-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll be visiting in September with my 15 month old baby. I know it going to HOT!HOT!HOT!:thedolls:

So I'd like to know where there are fun fountains for her to play in.....meaning ones meant to be played in, not jumping into the Fountain of Nations.

I did a few searches here on Intercot and found reference to several, but nowhere did I find a complete list. And if there are any outside of the parks, that would be good to know too.

To get us started,

The jumping fountains by Imagination! - not to be played in, but try and catch the stream
A play-in fountain on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase

What are the others, in all parks/resorts/shopping districts????

Disney Doll
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm sure there are others, but the 2 I know of are Donald's Boat in the Toon Town area of Magic Kingdom and the pop fountains in Downtown Disney. You might plan to bring extra cloths because kids can get absolutely soaked in no time.

LandFan
05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
In Epcot:

There are also fountains on the main bridge between future world and the world showcase.

They have the water sprayers/misters over by Test Track too.

Jasper
05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Unless I am mistaken I think that the posters above me have hit all of them at WDW.

Please understand my following statements are not meant to display any kind of disrespect for what you are looking for. However, if you look at the Disney parks and how they run things they do not really cater to their guests running around in swimming suits and getting on their rides or going into their theaters while soaking wet. As a result they do not do much in the way of fountains for their guests of any age to get wet in. Disney leaves that type of thing to parks that are more "thrill" types of parks with much lower levels of theming and all that. Again, please understand that I am not trying to sound snobbish or anything like that it is just that Disney runs a different kind of operation than most other parks do.

MidnTPK
05-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I hear you....and get where you're coming from. I too think that WDW is special and Disney does things differently for a reason. But I think your theory has a few holes. Disney is pretty happy to get you a little (or a lot) wet.

My evidence:

Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Grizzly River Rapids, Big Thunder Mountain, Catastrophe Canyon, The Matterhorn, The Water Effects Tank at The Studios, the Fountain of Nations (ever been near it if there's a breeze?).....and all the play fountains.

And the whole stimulus for this discussion: the prominence with which these types of fountains are featured in the vacation planning DVD, which I received last week and watched yesterday.

But there's no need to debate this matter....maybe a lot of the ones they have in the video are actually scenes at water parks.

But if anybody knows of others, please add to this thread.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
There is a big water play area in Ariel's grotto in Fantasyland. My kids always ask to play in it while we are waiting in line to see her.:)

Young@Heart
05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
There is a big water play area in Ariel's grotto in Fantasyland. My kids always ask to play in it while we are waiting in line to see her.:)

I was thinking about this one, and there was also something neat the Backlot Studios Tour. I remember during one trip, we were all so hot, and DC ran around getting sprayed after our tour down Mickey Ave. Did I imagine this. :blush:

I really believe, compared to most parks (and especially the one near my house), WDW is very considerate when it comes to helping people cool down with a little spray of water here or there. :mickey: We've had the opportunity to go to many theme parks, and I have yet to see one with play fountains unless it is inside a "water park" section. Kudos to WDW for realizing that on a hot, hot day, a run under a sprinkler can do wonders!

Tick-Tock
05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
There's a part of the Boneyard playground in AK that has water.

Stormer
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
If you are going to DTD there are fountains for the kids to play in there, too. We were a few weeks ago and there were a lot of kids in bathing suits playing while one parent stayed with them and one parent shopped. Unfortunately, my kids were in their regular clothes and got soaked. They had a lot of fun, though!

Rella
05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
There used to be some in Pooh's Thoughtful Spot playground area in Fantasyland...not sure if they're still there. Maybe some who's been there recently could confirm?

tjstrike
05-17-2008, 02:00 AM
I think there's one between the TTA and the indy cars in tommorrow land.

We always manage to get wet on splash mountain and kali river rapids !!

sleepingbooty
05-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Last year when we were there, both in August and late September, the fountains on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase were not on. In fact, it looked like that area was under renovation. Can anyone who has been more recently confirm that they have been operational?