PDA

View Full Version : I *think* I've got the JOB!!

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Everyone!

Well, some of you may remember that I've been struggling to find a job here in the Raleigh, NC area. I've been through Temp. agencies, applied online, and through the newspaper.

This particular agency I've been registered with for a few weeks now had me to a phone interview with a Law office here, by my house. Well, that went well. The interview, over the phone, was great and the attorney was very easy and laid back. Well, since I never heard back about the phone interview something came up and I was asked to go back to Colorado for 3 weeks to help out, being a Nanny again. So, I took it b/c I needed some money...who doesn't need money these days, right? ;)

The agency called me on Wednesday and said the attorney would like to see me in person for a face to face interview. Great! I then proceeded to tell her that a part time job came up and I wouldn't be available for 3 weeks. To make a long story short....the attorney's office is A-OK with me starting when I get back, in June.

Today I went for my face to face interview. The girl I am replacing has NO clue that she is being let go eventually. She doesn't have a bubbly personality and isn't so kind with the clients. So I met the head attorney, who is a riot, and the other attorney. I met the head attorneys wife, who happens to LOVE Walt Disney World, like myself. We hit it off big time! I told her I was going in Oct for MNSSHP (for the first time) and she said anytime I needed off for a WDW fix she approves!! HAHAHA!! :D

So all went well and the attorney is going to call the temp agency today to let them know it's a good fit with me! He said by my personality and how I got along with the other employees so far it's gonna be great!

I'm so excited, especially that he is willing to wait for me to return from this part time job I was asked to do. That's a huge relief and a blessing he's so understanding.

Well, I just wanted to give everyone the good news! The bad news is my pc is having major surgery performed as I type. I had to come back to the library and check emails, etc. I am hoping it will be back tomorrow!! Fingers crossed!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!! :mickey:

Jasper
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Congratulations!! I am sure it is quite a load off your mind knowing that you have something permanent!

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Monica - that is such great news! Congrats on both jobs you have lined up. If that law office is looking for someone sweet and bubbly then you are a perfect fit! I am glad that things are looking up for you. Now if only your pc would behave itself, huh? Have a safe trip to CO. :hug:

SBETigg
05-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow, that sounds fantastic! It's so great when things fall into place. Woo-hoo! Congratulations and :pixie: for everything to go well.

kakn7294
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Sounds great!!! Congrats on the job! Have a safe trip to Colorado!

MsMin
05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Monica :congrats: that is one lucky law firm. Sounds like a great fit. They are going to want to keep you forever b/c you're so smart , sweet and give 110% to your job. Best of luck... so glad something super came through!

Kairi_7378
05-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with us! It always makes me happy to read about Intercotees having good luck!

RedSoxFan
05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Great news. Congrats.:thumbsup:

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Congrats Monica! :thumbsup: :hug:

kaerbear178
05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Congratulations! I know that is a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so very excited for you and how great that you have someone there that loves Disney as well!!! That right there tells you that they are good people!!

Again, congratulations!:thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I just *had* to come to the library again before it closes to check emails and of course, the #1 reason was to get on to Intercot! :D

Thank you all for the congratulations and well wishes! I am excited and am really just waiting for them to 'confirm' it's a go! From the sounds of the interview, etc all went well and I know the law firm wants to have me. But you know we all think in the back of our mind, "well, I just hope it all goes well??" But all in all I do have a peace about it inside! :cloud9:

And the BEST is that two other ladies, as I mentioned LOVE WDW like me...so YES it's a perfect fit!! We will get a long just fine!! :mickey:

I fly out to Colorado this Tuesday & will be back June 10th. I'm going to Vail, and have never been there before so I am looking forward to seeing that part of the Country. I've got an IV treatment for the Crohn's on the 17th, and I just hope that is ok with everyone at the office for me to go and have done?? :confused: I'm sure it will be.

Anyhow, sorry I rambled on there. i think the library is about to close and I better get on home. Tonight is pizza night and movies at home!

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes! Everyone here has been like a family to me! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Melanie
05-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations Monica! The job sounds perfect for you, and I hope it all works out. Have a fun trip to Colorado! :)

disneydeb
05-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Congratulations!:mickey::thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh, Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

I'd LOVE to be young, just starting out, and have a positive interview like yours. It's great to like your job, and it sounds like you will.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!:encore:

SgtTigger
05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Way to go.......

Hope everything works out great......

:cop: :tigger:

Flower
05-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Congratulations Monica!!! I hope everything works out with both jobs!!! And how awesome that your new bosses are Disney fans!

DisneyWizard
05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
CONGRATS! That's great news. Job hunting is so stressful it's nice to find a place that fits well with your personality (and Disney obsession, of course).