PDA

View Full Version : figment

mouselover93
05-16-2008, 07:23 AM
i dont want to feel like an oddball ( because my family and friends think i am ) but does anybody else absoluely adore jiyi with figment. my one friend ( who is going to disney with me in december ) finds it weird that i mainly love figment. problay because i love intense rides. so iwas just wondering, does anybody else have to do jiyi with figment? and come on who doesnt love that little purple guy:figment:

DisneyTwinsMommy
05-16-2008, 07:50 AM
I do love Figment, but I also think that over the years the ride has gone from good, to awful, to sightly better than awful. They attempted to "update" the ride, and it was a complete disaster!! Anyway, I love Figment and the ride is always a must see for us! Besides, it never has a line!!
I have heard it rumored that it is going to be "re-furbished" again, I don't know into what... :figment:

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't say I adore him but I like him alot. ;) We never miss the ride:mickey:

KineGirl
05-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I love Figment too and while I agree the ride used to be better, I would hate to ever see it go! My DD and I LOVE the Imagination song too and cant help but sing along when on the ride and then thru out the day! Not only is Figment cute and silly but hes truly an "inspiration"

:figment:

Von-Drake
05-16-2008, 08:28 AM
We always go on the ride when we go to EPCOT! My son enjoys figment, after the first time he rode it, we were walking through the store area, and he had to have a Figment doll. That night in the hotel he would stuff figment up here shirt and then start walking around the room asking us where figment went, then he would reach down his shirt and pull up just figment's head above his collar and start laughing saying "I found him." The pictures are so cute.

FriendsofMickey
05-16-2008, 08:46 AM
My girls absolutely adore Figment! Our trips would not be the same without him. :)

biodtl
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I love Figment, but it's hard to get excited about the current ride after experiencing the original.

JPL
05-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm a big Figment fan dating back to the original ride in 1983. I ride the current attraction just because it has a little Figment in the ride of course it's a shadow of it's former self.

Von-Drake
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Got to agree the original ride was much better, but still like what we got and at least it has figment.

Marker
05-16-2008, 09:22 AM
I have very fond memories for my oldest son, not yet 2 at the time, interacting with Figment AND DREAMFINDER outside of the ride.

Even with the changes, I still enjoy the ride and was delighted when they brought Figment back. I only wish they would have brought back Dreamfinder as well.

Actually, instead of just being associated with Journey Into Your Imagination, I wish they'd make Figment (and Dreamfinder) the ambassador to all of Epcot.

TinkerbellT421
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
lol, its funny, I was just talking w/ DBF last weekend about Disney (of course) and Figment. My DFather (who has passed away) brought my family when I was about 7 y/o. I still remember that trip. It was my 1st trip to the world, and it was one of the only rides my dad could go on because of his heart issues. And I remeber my dad and me sitting together on that ride and laughing and loving every minute of it (The original ride). From that point on it is one of my fundest memories of me and my dad (we were very close), and I fell in love w/ Figment. There was always just something about him that I loved, maybe cause hes cute and purple! lol.

KineGirl
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Actually, instead of just being associated with Journey Into Your Imagination, I wish they'd make Figment (and Dreamfinder) the ambassador to all of Epcot.

You know... Ive said the same thing myself and have always kind of thought of Figment that way.

And to the PP- what a sweet memory to have of your Dad and how great is it to be able to relive that memory and feeling every time you ride :cloud9:

OhToodles!
05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
We love Figment too. It's definitely a MUST ride.

Last year we got the pleasure of catching him outside and had our picture taken with him. :figment:

Gooftroop5
05-16-2008, 12:56 PM
I love Figment. :thumbsup: I have a figment hand puppet that I will not let my children play with. I just wish they would return the ride back to what it was originally. Lets face it their improvements haven't been great. :(

LandFan
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I do love Figment, but I also think that over the years the ride has gone from good, to awful, to sightly better than awful. They attempted to "update" the ride, and it was a complete disaster!! Anyway, I love Figment and the ride is always a must see for us! Besides, it never has a line!!
I have heard it rumored that it is going to be "re-furbished" again, I don't know into what... :figment:

Yep. Me too. As I sit here typing this, I have a figment figurine holding the EPCOT golf ball, a rubber figment mouse pad (really cool by the way) that I use as a coaster (mouse pads annoy me) and a small figment snow globe here on my desk. :blush:

Gottaluvgoof
05-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I love Figment and that song can stick with you forever! My kids thought I was crazy last trip because Figment wasn't out when we came off the ride. I told them before we left Epcot that day, I WAS going to get my picture with Figment. Just something about him. You gotta love him.

p.s. I DID GET MY PIC :figment:

Mickey91
05-18-2008, 09:50 AM
We love Figment! The original ride was even better than the one there now!

Tink#64
05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh we just love JIYI w/ Figment! It's a must do for us (several times!) each trip. DS's have plush Figments & I have a Figment antenna topper! It's just so silly & fun! :figment:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Figment and the Dreamfinder were my favorites as a kid. And am I just imagining things... or was there a much bigger "imagination play ground" when you got off the ride than there is now. The rest of my family doesnt remember or believe me... but I swear you would get off the ride and there was a huge area where you could jump on colored lights and it would play music.. or "color/paint" pictures on a computer ... (Mind you this was the early to mid 80's so coloring on computers was completely high tech to me.) Someone please tell me... Am I imagining it? Did it exist? Or was this somewhere else and my 10 year old brain somehow smooshed it from one area in the WORLD into JIYI becuase I loved the ride and Figment so much?

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Figment and the Dreamfinder were my favorites as a kid. And am I just imagining things... or was there a much bigger "imagination play ground" when you got off the ride than there is now. The rest of my family doesnt remember or believe me... but I swear you would get off the ride and there was a huge area where you could jump on colored lights and it would play music.. or "color/paint" pictures on a computer ... (Mind you this was the early to mid 80's so coloring on computers was completely high tech to me.) Someone please tell me... Am I imagining it? Did it exist? Or was this somewhere else and my 10 year old brain somehow smooshed it from one area in the WORLD into JIYI becuase I loved the ride and Figment so much?

I think its still there..

you can walk over pics and they make the noise

you can wave your arms between bars and play music

you can morph your pic with plants & animals

Mousemates
05-18-2008, 10:48 PM
We always ride "Figment", for whatever reason he's one of my DD (teenager) favorite characters...all four of us enjoy the tech stuff at the end.

Friend of Figment
05-18-2008, 11:05 PM
When I was in HS (circa 1985) my mom and I went to DW for the first time. I loved FIgment and could have had my picture with him, but as a teen I was too "cool". I always regretted it.

I've been back many times, but have never seen Figment out and about. This last December I took a last minute solo trip and finally got my picture. It was a total highlight!

Darin M
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I think Figment is great. I will always love the attraction, as long as Figment and the Imagination song are still in it.

katzctkpt
05-18-2008, 11:36 PM
We rode figment the 1st time this past June. It was an ok ride not my favorite but, I'd ride again. It was a nice break from the heat.

JasonH
05-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Figment is probably the most beloved Disney character that you can only find in a Disney theme park, and he is one of my favorite characters as well. I remember the old days of Dreamfinder and Figment. Even have a pic somewhere of the two together with me. The original was absolutely the best and it saddened me the way they had changed it. Sure they said it was because it needed to be updated but I'm not so sure they really needed to IMHO. And the playground they used to have also was indeed much bigger. It had bubble music which later they had changed to painting pictures electronically with giant paint brushes. There was a rainbow walkway in which as you walked along the colors of the walkway would change with you. The stepping tones were much larger than what they were in the amount of quantity. Several pin screen tables were around in which you would move your hands along the pins and the way they moved coupled with the light gave this neat follow effect. Back when Kodak was a MAJOR sponsor for the ride, they used to showcase pictures that other people had taken for major contests. There was a different kind of music you would control by waving your hands around(instead of Figments on instruments, it was orchestral instruments you controlled). They had blue screen tv sessions where kids could be part of a segment with Dreamfinder and Figment. There was another kind of electronic picture painting you could do in which you used an electronic stylus and you could paint a picture of Figment or the pavilion. They had eventually changed one section to where you had a 3D'ish version of Figment and when you waved your hand, it showcased him in a very short silly situation, like blowing up a balloon and then the balloon inflates him. Now one thing most people don't remember is that all of the before mentioned was on a seperate floor, the 2nd floor to JII before it got changed. I still have my memories of it at the least along with countless pictures and videos, both mine and ones I have from other fans that I've downloaded, not to mention the few figurines, plushes and a couple pennants and quite a few pins both old and new.

To make a long story short (too late), don't ever think bad of it if someone thinks you're weird for really liking Figment...b/c there's more of us out there than they realize which almost makes THEM the weird ones for not liking him enough. :D:thumbsup:

:figment::figment::figment:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM
JasonH... This is EXACTLY what I was remembering!!! THANK YOU!!! I am NOT crazy... well... alittle crazy... and I also remember it being on the second floor too! It was my favorite place to go in the park, and my family had to drag me out of there! (I wonder why I remember it and I was only about 12... and they don't seem to remember at all?)

JasonH
05-20-2008, 01:23 AM
Sam&Alex'sMOM, I'm glad I helped you remember the original. :mickey: I too was one of those it took "dragging me away" to get me out of there, but oh the memories and the fun the whole fam and I had. And also don't forget, before HISTA, there was Captain EO and before that there was Magic Journeys. Now Captain EO I have been fortunate to find the entire audio track but also the entire video (not in 3D mind you but still cool nonetheless). Magic Journeys, not so fortunate. I was able to get the entire audio track but can not find video for it ANYWHERE. :confused: Makes me wonder if it still exists now.

DisneyWizard
05-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I still love Figment, but I only ride the ride to bring back some memories. Unfortunately it's not worth the time to ride anymore.

Luckily it never has a wait.

JPL
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
This last December I took a last minute solo trip and finally got my picture. It was a total highlight!

Unfortunately they have closed Figment's Place recently and he is no longer available for pictures. We had a great time with him during Intercot's 10th a group of us spent a good 15 minutes with him :mickey:

texasteacher
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM

I do love Figment. He is adorable! But the newer version of the ride, in my opinion, is awful. The original beginning with Dreamfinder was fabulous. They need to bring it back and they also need to refurbish the entire ride.

arteephact
08-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Figment is probably the most beloved Disney character that you can only find in a Disney theme park, and he is one of my favorite characters as well. I remember the old days of Dreamfinder and Figment. Even have a pic somewhere of the two together with me. The original was absolutely the best and it saddened me the way they had changed it. Sure they said it was because it needed to be updated but I'm not so sure they really needed to IMHO. And the playground they used to have also was indeed much bigger. It had bubble music which later they had changed to painting pictures electronically with giant paint brushes. There was a rainbow walkway in which as you walked along the colors of the walkway would change with you. The stepping tones were much larger than what they were in the amount of quantity. Several pin screen tables were around in which you would move your hands along the pins and the way they moved coupled with the light gave this neat follow effect. Back when Kodak was a MAJOR sponsor for the ride, they used to showcase pictures that other people had taken for major contests. There was a different kind of music you would control by waving your hands around(instead of Figments on instruments, it was orchestral instruments you controlled). They had blue screen tv sessions where kids could be part of a segment with Dreamfinder and Figment. There was another kind of electronic picture painting you could do in which you used an electronic stylus and you could paint a picture of Figment or the pavilion. They had eventually changed one section to where you had a 3D'ish version of Figment and when you waved your hand, it showcased him in a very short silly situation, like blowing up a balloon and then the balloon inflates him. Now one thing most people don't remember is that all of the before mentioned was on a seperate floor, the 2nd floor to JII before it got changed. I still have my memories of it at the least along with countless pictures and videos, both mine and ones I have from other fans that I've downloaded, not to mention the few figurines, plushes and a couple pennants and quite a few pins both old and new.
:figment::figment::figment:

All of this 'Extra Content' was on the now unaccessible second floor. As you exit the downstairs are toward the 3-D theater you can see a spiral staircase that goes up to where it was, and there is still a glass elevator there sort inside the spiral. From what I've been able to read the area had all of those extras available for a few VIP engagements, but has since been removed. No idea why as I always enjoyed that section as a kid.

Imagineer1981
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
actually I think there is more of Figment in the current ride then in the older version with Dreamfinder. I do think Figment needs to be expanded...possibly even onto TV or a movie.

mainemajor
08-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Like so many others I agree that the ride is not what it once was. The original ride was fun and the making of Figment made sense. The second edition was awful. The current one is not bad, not as good as the first, but a huge upgrade from the second version.
Figment is my 20 year old son's favorite Disney charater and has been since his first visit many years ago. On our trip last year he was able to buy a Figment antena topper. :figment:
As soon as we book our trips we all start singing "Imagination".

DNS
08-10-2008, 11:15 AM
We only ride it about once every two or three trips, but I think Figment is so adorable! I have a plush Figment and every Christmas ornament I can find with him. Not many so far. Maybe three, but I always look.

AmandaChan
08-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I've always liked the figment ride and figment himself but mys husband LOVES figment. He's done research on the old versions and has a figment t-shirt that he wears all the time so it's kind of interesting.

disneyworld55925592
08-10-2008, 02:49 PM
figment is awesome. The ride used to be better but i still love figment!

lindique
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Any rumors out there about the refurbishment of this pavilion? For a while, there was a lot of talk about it, but I haven't heard anything for a while now.

P.S. I can still see bits and pieces of the original ride in my mind - it was one of the best!