PDA

View Full Version : week stay?

OhToodles!
05-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Is a week (for points usage) Sunday to Saturday (6 nights) or is it Sunday to Sunday (7 nights)?
Note: The days are just examples, I would think they can be moved around (ie., Tuesday to Monday or Tuesday to Tuesday).

lockedoutlogic
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
DVC doesn't work that way....

there is nothing that defines a "week stay" as there would be in a timeshare that operated on certain "weeks" of the year....

any stay in dvc is broken down to point values per night....no matter what day you arrive or depart....

so if you arrive on the morning of Saturday....the depart the following saturday....you would use the 7 nights worth of points...based on the nightly point value....to stay....

if you stayed from saturday through the following sunday...it would be 8 nights worth....

hope i'm understanding you question correctly

Maleficent's Dad
05-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I think I understand the OP's question - are you talking about the Point Charts???

They give the total for a week's stay in the last row of each point value.

If this is what you are referring to, then it's for 7 nights, meaning Sunday through Sunday.

As Lockedoutlogic pointed out above, you can break the points down as you see fit. The charts list the weekly rate purely for your convenience!

OhToodles!
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I think I understand the OP's question - are you talking about the Point Charts???

They give the total for a week's stay in the last row of each point value.

If this is what you are referring to, then it's for 7 nights, meaning Sunday through Sunday.

Yes, this is what I was referring to. I guess I didn't realize that the point value added to a Sunday-Sunday stay, but I see that now.

Thanks for clarification!

Kidsmom
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
We like to stay more than 7 nights, so we arrive and depart midweek so we only have 2 weekend nights (more points!). So then, for convience, we take the week pt. total and add how many Sunday - Th. night we want to the total. The week number just helps you calculate quicker....

Good luck!