PDA

View Full Version : my son will be in the parade tomorrow

TwinPrincesses
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I just put DS (13) on the bus to DL with his middle school marching band. They are on a 4-day trip to DL. Lots of the parents were going, but with 5 other kids in school, ballet performances and finals this weekend, we weren't able to make the trip as a family.:( I am very excited for him--I guess he will be attending some kind of band camp, then march at the head of the parade tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know if DL does this a lot? I have never noticed it when we were visiting. So if anyone is in the park tomorrow--he will be playing the tenor sax with the Sullivan Middle School Marching celtics--cheer loud!! (I hope no one passes out in those uniforms in the heat).

NotaGeek
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
How exciting! In the summer there is always a high school or college band that marches before the parades. And if I remember correctly Disney hosts a big high school band camp every year. I was there last year and there were bands everywhere.

Congrats ... I am moving this over to DL Mousellaneous for further duscussion!

Aisling
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
That's awesome! Too bad you couldn't make down with him. But I'm sure he's going to have a blast! Congratulations to you both!!

Jeff
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Very cool!:thumbsup:

tinkwest
05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
It sounds like he is part of Disneyland Magic Music Days (http://disneylandyouthprograms.disney.go.com/dlyp/index?id=MMD_HomePage&CMP=OTC-VanURLMMD?CMP=KNC-DLRMMDGoogle&HBX_PK=disneyland+magic+music+days&HBX_OU=50). Very popular and has been going on for many years. It is for instrumental, vocal, and dance groups. There are lots of different levels of participation and several different venues. My DD enjoyed the back stage workshops they participated in when she went with her school's choir.

Congrats to your DS. I'm sure he will have a great time!

ChipnDaleGal
05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats to your son. I am sorry that you didn't get to go along and see him and have some park fun, but I am sure you will hear all about it when he gets back home. :mickey:

BrookeA6100
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Has anyone ever seen the dance groups perform for Magic Music Days in California Adventure? My company is heading down in two weeks to perform but I don't know where in the park we will be performing. Does anyone have an idea?

tinkwest
05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Has anyone ever seen the dance groups perform for Magic Music Days in California Adventure? My company is heading down in two weeks to perform but I don't know where in the park we will be performing. Does anyone have an idea?

I believe it is on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot stage over by Monsters Inc & Muppets.