PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Libations at WDW

mook3y
05-15-2008, 12:32 PM
So far, mine is the Jungle Juice at Adventurer's Club. KUNGALOOSH!

Not sure what all is in it, but it goes down smooth, very tropical tasting and packs quite a punch!

Lets hear your favorite adult beverage and where it is at!

Natazu
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Johnny Walker Blue ;)

TIdoubleGR
05-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge in Poly is a favorite, right up there with the Grand Marnier slush in the France Pavilion and Fiesta Margharita in the Mexico Pavilion. :cloud9:

TBY2225
05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Another Lapu-Lapu vote!

tinkerbell04
05-15-2008, 02:05 PM
My favorite is the Shark Bite from one of the street stands in Pleasure Island. I know that there is quite a bit in there, not sure exactly what, but they serve it in a beach bucket :) One drink is enough for me!

Lucille
05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Without a doubt, a LAPU LAPU from the Tambu Lounge.

PirateLover
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
:papple::papple: all the way!

KylesMom
05-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Tough call -
* Lapu Lapu from Tambu Lounge = :cloud9:
* Sangria from Mama Melrose @ DHS
* Strawberry Margarita - Mexico Pavilion @ Epcot:marg:
*Wine Pairing w/NYStrip @ LeCellier - CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT'S CALLED!:wine:

disneydeb
05-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Pina Kalava at Victoria falls!

yum yum get me some!

mudpuppysmom
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Johnny Walker Blue ;)

That is my DH's favorite too......if only he could have it all the time he says!!

Mine....well, I have a few favs.....

Lapu Lapu --they make you loopy loopy!!
Grey Goose slush from the stand in France
Fiesta margarit from the stand in Mexico

Tuke
05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Without a doubt the "Top Shelf" margaritas at San Angel Inn (Inside the pyramid). They aren't on the menu, you have to ask, and OMG they are fantastic!

Salud!

:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Bicardi Pina Coladas with a dark rum floater w/ a slice of pineapple ... for some reason no one makes em like the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW. This cocktail has turned my DH into an official girlie drink drinker (hes a big guy too!) :D now everywhere we go his drink is pink or has some umbrella in it and the bartender always laughs and says "ok seriously.. what would you like?" which of course cracks us up! :marg:

Pina Colava (strawberry swirl) at AKL pool bar.. again no where else makes em quite the same!

Kate In Wonderland
05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
KUNGALOOSH!!! :number1:

Hmmm...I think I'll have to try one of these Lapu Lapu's of which you speak!

Aggie97
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Pina colada from Tambu Lounge

Grey Goose slush in France

Cape Cod at Narcoossee's (not a specialty drink, but they're always good!)

:mickey:

Crow
05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
diff :beer: probly best enjoying Black & Tan at R&C or the sampler
the big beers in Biergarten
at the Tea Cart in China-
Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush $5.99
Green Tea Plum Wine Slush $5.99
good stuff:thumbsup:
Fiesta:marg:in Mexico although i didnt have it last time
slushies in France
Lapu Lapu
and best of all sake in Japan or CG

WDW&MK
05-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Mississippi Mud Slide at POR

IloveDisney71
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
One of the margartias from the stand outside of the Mexican pavilion is enough to last me a while:marg: (in a good way!):).
But I also love the Lapu Lapu that I had at 'Ohana. YUM!:papple:

Hammer
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Johnny Walker Blue ;)

Jym, you're just a simple man with simple tastes, right :) ?

Well, my favorite drink anywhere is a Bombay Sapphire and Tonic (though many people tell me I need to try Tanqueray No.10). For those of you who say that all bars will make it the same; that is definitely not so! There has to be the right proportions of gin to tonic, the tonic should not be cheap tonic and the gun used to dispense the tonic needs to be well maintained. Best ones I've had at WDW were at Brown Derby, Bellevue Room (BW), and California Grill.

Kairi_7378
05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Whatever new wine the CA Grill recommends with my dinner...
... or a Fiesta Margarita!

eyoreswife
05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Bicardi Pina Coladas with a dark rum floater w/ a slice of pineapple ... for some reason no one makes em like the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW. This cocktail has turned my DH into an official girlie drink drinker (hes a big guy too!) :D now everywhere we go his drink is pink or has some umbrella in it and the bartender always laughs and says "ok seriously.. what would you like?" which of course cracks us up! :marg:

Pina Colava (strawberry swirl) at AKL pool bar.. again no where else makes em quite the same!

thats so funny the same thing happened to my husband at disney, also a big guy with octopus juice from coral reef, it's a pina colada with a shot of chambord, now he orders them everywhere. very funny

KineGirl
05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
thats so funny the same thing happened to my husband at disney, also a big guy with octopus juice from coral reef, it's a pina colada with a shot of chambord, now he orders them everywhere. very funny

that is funny :mickey:

so if I see another big guy in WDW with a foofy drink I should say "your wife doesnt Intercot, does she?" If he says yes then Ill know ;)

Froggee44
05-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Margaritas in Mexico

TheMartellFamily
05-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I love the Lapu Lapu but there are so many more. I like the flavor margaritas from the stand outside Mexico. I love Casa beer from Morrocco and Kirin from Japan. I better stop here so I can get home safely.

Dakota Rose
05-15-2008, 10:35 PM
DH loves the Kilamarita and I love the Pretoria Punch, both at Boma. Yum!

Natazu
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Jym, you're just a simple man with simple tastes, right :) ?
This certainly isn't the first time I've been called simple.

EpcotNut
05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
A Mojito at Bongos or any pint at Raglan Road:thumbsup::beer::marg:

Figment104
05-16-2008, 12:25 PM
The in-laws told DH and myself that we had to have the margarita's outside of Mexico and wow, those are now a must do for us. We're staying at Poly this time so I think I'm going to have to give this Lapu lapu a try.

Can't wait just 148 more days til I'm home! :mickey:

SurferStitch
05-16-2008, 12:45 PM
The Grand Marnier Slush is delicious, as is the Grey Goose Slush.

I just tried a glass of Nuvo sparkling vodka in France last week, and it was amazing. It's pricey at $15 a glass, but it's delicious. It's girlie-girl pink, and has a great fruity flavor.

The Kungaloosh is a long-time favorite, too.

Oh, and Trois Pistoles beer in Canada....best beer in the world, along with the Spaten Optimater Doppelbock in Germany (a pleasant new addition).

AHOTE
05-16-2008, 08:32 PM
While I have never met a drink, other than a Martini :ack:, that I didn't at least try at WDW I'm just waiting for the Tequila Bar to open. It was supposed to open summer 2008, anyone heard any more about it?
Only 169 days to go.

SurferStitch
05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
diff :beer: probly best enjoying Black & Tan at R&C

Ooooohhhhh....can't believe I forgot that one!!! Their B&T is the best!!!

Best of all....we get a 20% discount at the bar with our DDE card! :thumbsup:

Mickey 101
05-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Italian Margarita from cart in Italy (grappa and limoncello).....IMHO even better than the ones in Mexico

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a tie for favorites 1) the Grand Marnier Orange Slush in France and 2) Viking Coffee in Norway. I only get the Coffee when its not hot and humid so I guess my all around fav would have to be the slush. I def. want to try the Plum wine slush in China. The regular plum wine in Japan is another drink I love. I bet the slushy version is yummy!

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 07:05 PM
As of right now, I am going to have to go with the Black&Tan :beer:

However, there is so much more that I have to try. I am looking so forward to the LapuLapu and now after reading this, it could be a messy next trip!!:blush:

Maleficent's Dad
05-17-2008, 08:05 PM
My favorite? I'm a simpleton... A nice pint at the R&C and I'm good to go.

Johnny Walker Blue ;)
Jym,
Wow, nice choice...
I wasn't sure you could order Blue down there. Smooth, good choice! (And hardly "simple" as Christine states!)

Well, my favorite drink anywhere is a Bombay Sapphire and Tonic (though many people tell me I need to try Tanqueray No.10). For those of you who say that all bars will make it the same; that is definitely not so! There has to be the right proportions of gin to tonic, the tonic should not be cheap tonic and the gun used to dispense the tonic needs to be well maintained. Best ones I've had at WDW were at Brown Derby, Bellevue Room (BW), and California Grill.
Christine,
My wife and you would make quite a pair... She used to be a "TNT" girl, but now it's a "10&T." Personally, I can't tell the difference, but I guess those who love their gin can!

Natazu
05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
My favorite? I'm a simpleton... A nice pint at the R&C and I'm good to go.

Jym,
Wow, nice choice...
I wasn't sure you could order Blue down there. Smooth, good choice! (And hardly "simple" as Christine states!)
You can get Blue some places but not all, mostly where you'd expect.
Christine mentioned gin & tonic but I have an awful lot of pictures of her with Bud Light in front of her. :shake:

Hammer
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
You can get Blue some places but not all, mostly where you'd expect.
Christine mentioned gin & tonic but I have an awful lot of pictures of her with Bud Light in front of her. :shake:

That would be Miller Lite and that would be Cheryl's (my sister) beer. I've tried, but I've never acquired a taste for beer :ack: . Cheryl will usually order a beer when we go to a place like Jellyrolls (where Jym has these blackmail pictures ;) ) as her drink of choice is a Cosmopolitan and she is pretty particular on how it is made.