PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life Pavillion at Epcot?

SFTrny
05-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if this still operates or is ever open? I had heard that it is seasonal. What about during Thanksgiving?

KylesMom
05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Alas, the Wonders of Life pavilion is no more. From what I understand, it is currently a luncheon and information area for the Flower & Garden festival.

Polynesian Dweller
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
They call it seasonal but its only being used for special events such as the flower show and last year the Food and Wine festival. Hopefully they'll use it for an attraction in the future if they can get a sponsor.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Yep, it is now a big Flower & Garden building...with a cafe, lots of shopping and some gardening shows.

There are few signs of it having been something else, other than the sign still on the outside of the building.

McGoofy
05-16-2008, 12:47 AM
It's sort of sad that Wonders of Life Pavillion is no longer used for its original purpose. I liked Body Wars and there also seemed to always be other interesting things in there.:(

Tigerinvestigator
05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I was there yesterday and it is very sad. All of the internal signage of the old attraction is gone. No more Body Wars or Cranium Command signs etc. While it makes a nice home for the Flower/Garden Festival, you get a very uneasy feeling in there if you know what it used to be like!:(

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-17-2008, 07:08 PM
It's sort of sad that Wonders of Life Pavillion is no longer used for its original purpose. I liked Body Wars and there also seemed to always be other interesting things in there.:(

:ditto:

Chris :hatter:

CaptSmee
05-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Alas, the Wonders of Life pavilion is no more. From what I understand, it is currently a luncheon and information area for the Flower & Garden festival.

Yup...it made me sick to my stomach when we walked into the Flower & Garden Festival pavilion. I would have rather had them tear it down completely. It made me so sad. You can see the Marquee that used to house Cranium Command on it. Practically all evidence of where Body Wars was removed, if I hadn't known where the giant queue used to lie I wouldn't have recognized it. It just made me sad walking in there...:(

mrsgaribaldi
05-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I thought they closed it because they had no sponsor. And of this is true, doesn't Disney make enough money to keep it open without a sponsor? :confused: I felt sad being in it too for the Flower & Garden festival:(

Mickey91
05-18-2008, 08:53 AM
:crying:

JujuB213
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh man, I loved Cranium Command. I was hoping that Wonders of Life would be open when I take my nephews to Disney next summer:( What a letdown.

wonderalice23
07-27-2008, 04:00 PM
I miss these - Body Wars, Cranium and Making of Me....not to mention the CS Pure and Simple was a nice place to get a smoothie. Maybe if I win the lotto I can offer Disney to sponsor it?:thumbsup: It was soooo cool in there!

dixielandings
07-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I was there yesterday and it is very sad. All of the internal signage of the old attraction is gone. No more Body Wars or Cranium Command signs etc. While it makes a nice home for the Flower/Garden Festival, you get a very uneasy feeling in there if you know what it used to be like!:(

Totally agree - I hate to see great things come to such a sad end.

RIP WoL and Horizons. And WoM. And the original JIYY and its Image Works playroom. And 20K...the Skyway...the Living Seas...(sigh)

bruin1344
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
the last times i went wdw, wonders of life wasnt open, i cant remember the last time it was open

GhostHost999
07-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe it's me, but does it seem that we're losing a lot more attractions at Epcot than anywhere else?

It just seems odd that Disney would need sponsors for rides/pavilions.

There's not enough $$ on hand to keep these places running?

Sorry, I know I;m venting but it just seems like there's a rash of this going on. :(

Young@Heart
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I was so sad to find out that Cranium Command was gone. :(

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Its the same formula as DHS. We always write that Star Tours needs an update because its now old technology and can't compare to ToT and RnR. Same with Body Wars, it can't compete with TT and MS, so the only draw there for most people then would be Cranium Command, and I know SOOOO many people who never knew that was there and skipped it, they just went for Body Wars. So poor Cranium can't justify paying all the CMs to run the building...***** but thats how it goes...no guests, no pavillion

I take the Ferry
07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
...but thats how it goes...no guests, no pavillion.

I've been going to WDW for years, and the first time I stepped inside WoL pavilion was during this year's F&GF. I wanted to at least see the inside of the building before it closes forever.

It's not that I didn't care about what was in there when it was operating... other attractions were always more appealing to me. So, I guess I'm the reason WoL shut down.

Sorry about that.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

EPCOTGAL1
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
With regard to keeping it open and Disney having enough money to cover operating expenses?? It may not be that situation at all. Sponsorship is probably very important on "principle" as well. They may take the stand of "if a sponsor pulls out, we either find a new sponsor or the show goes down".. because if they keep operating it..what would prevent any current sponsor from saying "sorry, can't pay you this month or the next year".....but can you keep the ride operating and our logo there?... I could be way off, but just a thought....

ParkMan
07-29-2008, 03:32 PM
It's sort of surprising to me that with all the focus on health & fitness these days that there is no sponsor available for a pavilion like this.

Imagineer1981
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
With regard to keeping it open and Disney having enough money to cover operating expenses?? It may not be that situation at all. Sponsorship is probably very important on "principle" as well. They may take the stand of "if a sponsor pulls out, we either find a new sponsor or the show goes down".. because if they keep operating it..what would prevent any current sponsor from saying "sorry, can't pay you this month or the next year".....but can you keep the ride operating and our logo there?... I could be way off, but just a thought....

to that point, if it was something worth keeping, the sponsor would either continue with it, or Disney would support it themeselves to keep it going if they felt strongly enough about it.