PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused

Ryan Towle
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
So POTC and Space Mountain are the only two things that go outside of the train tracks at MK right? I'm just really confused as to what the building of POTC is like. I know that the building that's inside of the tracks is the queue, and that the outside building is the ride, but it just doesn't make sense with the track layout. Does anyone know where I could find a track layout of POTC? I know that they have them for the Haunted Mansion.

Main Street Jim
05-14-2008, 03:02 PM
The actual ride layout is both inside and outside of the berm. When you go down the waterfall, you're dropping below the train tracks. And at some point, you have to come back under the train tracks (I'm not sure exactly where in the ride path), because you unload inside the park (inside the train tracks).

I wish I had some "maps" of the ride layout myself...

Von-Drake
05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I you go here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=walt+disney+world&sll=32.852492,-80.02292&sspn=0.009211,0.014699&ie=UTF8&ll=28.417089,-81.582445&spn=0.004822,0.007349&t=h&z=17
You can follow the train track around the MK. Also, part of Splash Mountain is outside the train track as well. The train tunnels through it.

Hope this helps.

Ryan Towle
05-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I forgot about the Splash Mountain building being outside of the tracks.

Aurora
05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Do a search on eBay. Occasionally people will auction off blueprint copies of the ride schematics.

diz_girl
05-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Since Space Mountain is part in and part out of the tracks, then so is part of the TTA, since it runs through Space Mountain. It doesn't look like there is a ride that is entirely outside of the tracks.

So it looks like the rides that are outside of the tracks, at least in part, are:
SM
SplM
PotC
TTA

When I logged into Intercot today, I was already looking at WDW in Google Earth, getting my WDW fix in another way.

Von-Drake
05-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Since Space Mountain is part in and part out of the tracks, then so is part of the TTA, since it runs through Space Mountain. It doesn't look like there is a ride that is entirely outside of the tracks.

Hey Good Catch on the TTA. Didn't think about that one at first.:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-16-2008, 10:18 PM
The actual ride layout is both inside and outside of the berm. When you go down the waterfall, you're dropping below the train tracks. And at some point, you have to come back under the train tracks (I'm not sure exactly where in the ride path), because you unload inside the park (inside the train tracks).

I wish I had some "maps" of the ride layout myself...

Thats cool! Thanks for the info Jim :mickey:

Chris :hatter: