PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: Epcot quarter-finals: Spaceship Earth VS Mission Space

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM
As Greenlawler's Ultimate Villains Tournament comes to a close today (unless there is a tie, I'm guessing) on the character board - first off, thanks a bunch for putting it on! But now it is time for the first spin-off tournament...it's time to begin the Tournament of Attractions!!

Here's how it works:

I've divided the tournament in to 4 regions: Epcot, MK, DHS, and AK. Every single attraction in each of these parks were randomly drawn to see who participates. There are 8 attractions from each park involved which range from films, to rides and shows.

Every few days (depending on when one gets bumped to page 2 on this forum) , I'll post a new poll.

Here's what you do:

It's simple! Vote for the attraction that you LIKE more. Which one makes you more satisfied? Which one do you enjoy going on or seeing more? That is the one you're supposed to vote for.

As the tournament goes on, we'll get closer and closer to the finals and attractions will be eliminated.

On the west side of the board it is Epcot and DHS. The east side has AK and MK. This was also randomly figured out via a draw.

We'll start now with a quarter-final matchup from Epcot. It starts out on an interesting note, both attractions with themes that are "out of this world"...

SPACESHIP EARTH vs MISSION SPACE

Which one do you like better? Vote now and let the Tournament of Attractions! begin!

Chris :hatter:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Mission Space got my vote. SSE has always been kinda boring for me.

rkwctw
05-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Love Mission Space. Spaceship Earth is ok, but it needs a change.

mdricks
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Another MS vote here. Im a little surprised its so even. I woulda thought sse was going to cream ms. Shows what i know.
M

KineGirl
05-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Yayy another great tourney to participate in! (TY)

I had to vote for Spaceship Earth because

1)Im not a thrill ride person and have never done Mission Space (it does look really cool though)

2)nostalgia. I couldnt imagine Epcot (or WDW) without it or anything else in the "golf ball"

EvilQueen2006
05-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I love SSE, but I had to go with MS as it is probably my favorite ride in all of WDW :thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
05-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I had to go with Mission Space. Although, I love SSE and to me it's a classic, but I like more thrill rides. I had to vote MS!

Lightning McQueen
05-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I went with Mission: Space. I really appreciate that it is a unique theme park experience that no one else can match.

this tournament is great. Here's my prediction for the "final four":

E:E
ToT
Soarin'
HM

Polynesian Dweller
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Had to go with SSE. Always start our first Epcot visit here. Some trips we don't do Mission:space so SSE gets the nod.

GrmGrninGost
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I like them both, but Spaceship Earth wins out! We always ride it several times while Mission Space is sometimes left out altogether.

Young@Heart
05-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I had to go with SSE. It IS the park icon. :mickey:

(plus, I'm too scared to try Mission Space :blush:)

Mickey91
05-14-2008, 10:53 PM
SSE! Crossing my fingers this will be true when we go again!:mickey:

amazingred
05-15-2008, 12:39 AM
I think this is going to be a lot of fun! Mission Space!!!!!

AHOTE
05-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Mission Space for sure.

kelly.garrett
05-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Mission Space got my vote. SSE has always been kinda boring for me.

:ditto:

BritCody
05-15-2008, 06:29 AM
For this vote I have to go with the classic . SSE get my vote

cal5755
05-15-2008, 08:50 AM
WoW Chris this should be FUN!! Thanks for setting it all up :mickey: I found the villains towards the end and would have loved to have voted from the begining!

My vote is for SSE. I love MS but SSE is a ride the whole family can enjoy together and it has been our tradition to ride it first thing every time we enter Epcot.

Jeff G
05-15-2008, 10:11 AM
SSE, it's a classic.

avantgardeinker
05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
It's always the classics for me. I wend with SSE or the "big o' ball" as my 2 yr old calls it. When should we be looking for the next poll?

:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone! This will be a fun tournament :mickey:

The next poll will be posted once this one gets bumped to page two. This was at the request of one of the moderators so the forum doesn't get full of polls. Ideally, I'd like to post 2 at once if I have to wait until it goes to page two......maybe one of the mods will read this and my dream will come true......?:cloud9:

Chris :hatter:

SpecJoe Magic
05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
This is a tough choice seeing as how they are both among my favorites at WDW, but Mission: Space gets my vote by a small margin. The idea of being an astronaut was very appealing to me as a kid, and M:S is as close to fulfilling that childhood dream as I'll ever get.

bruin1344
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
SSE, its classic epcot and relaxing, i like MS but it usually makes me a little disoriented afterwards

laward32
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I went with SSE because Epcot is not Epcot without it and plus I have never rode MS. (I think it would make me sick):mickey:

beksy
05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Had to go with the classic SSE! Epcot wouldn't be Epcot without it! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
A vote for spaceship earth for me ? :thumbsup:

Charlee
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Spaceship Earth is a classic but I do love Mission Space... it's pretty much my favorite ride on property! :thumbsup: