PDA

View Full Version : Internet access -- local Orlando number?

MicMouse
05-14-2008, 11:44 AM
On this site, it said that internet access is available at the resorts for $9.95/24 hours. It also states that you should get a local (Orlando) number from your ISP to avoid long distance charges. How do you get this phone number?

I have AT&T DSL and checked their website, but couldn't come up with one. Is this something that the resorts will tell you?

fupresti
05-14-2008, 12:09 PM
On this site, it said that internet access is available at the resorts for $9.95/24 hours. It also states that you should get a local (Orlando) number from your ISP to avoid long distance charges. How do you get this phone number?

I have AT&T DSL and checked their website, but couldn't come up with one. Is this something that the resorts will tell you?

I assume they are referring to users still on a dial up connection. If your PC has an ethernet port, you should be able to connect to a high speed line without the need for dialing into your particular ISP.

Polynesian Dweller
05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
That would have to come from your ISP. Regardless, it will be dial-up speed not DSL speed. DSL just doesn't work that way, you can't dial-in to DSL.

So, unless you want to put up with dial-up speed, pay the price and have high-speed access.