PDA

View Full Version : Group ADR question

WonderlandsMostWanted
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
I tried calling Disney dining, but the wait time was just too long, so I hoped I may be able to find an answer here.

The Back Story: So, we're going in December, and we're going to dine at Biergarten after our cruise. Here's the dilema: We know that 3 of us will definately be there. There are 4 other people who will most likely be there, but we won't have an absolute answer until 1-2 months after the 180 mark.

The Question: Can we book the ADR for 7 people, and then as soon as we have confirmation, if the other folks can't attend, can we call WDW Dining right away and have the ADR adjusted to a smaller number of people, if some of our group can't make it?

Or, do we just book for the 3 of us, and hope there's room available for the others at the same time as us if they book a month or so later?

I don't want to be holding up all 7 seats if not everyone can make it, so I really hope I could just call and reduce the number if need be. Otherwise, I'll just make the ADR for the 3 of us and cross fingers.

SBETigg
05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Make the ADR for all of you and cancel as you know more. Better to have all of you accounted for and then adjust as needed. The Biergarten is not one of the restaurants that normally fills up too fast, so I think you would be safe either way.

HndrdPrcnt
05-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I would also recommend booking for your entire party and then calling as soon as you know for sure how many and reducing the number of your party size to the correct number. That is not a problem to do and is what we are doing for our upcoming Grand Gathering. I booked all the dining reservations, but I know that not everyone is going to want to join us on every meal. So, when we have our pre-trip dinner and discuss the trip, I will get a count of who wants to join which meals and then adjust the ADRs accordingly.:thumbsup:

WonderlandsMostWanted
05-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Wonderful, thank you very much! I was hoping that was alright, but I wasn't sure.