PDA

View Full Version : Picky eater question

fanofdisney
05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I have an 11 yr old who doesn't eat much from the regular menu. Can he order from the children's menu?

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 11:34 PM
That's a good question.
Are you on the DDP? If so, I'm sure you could (since you'd essentially 'lose' money), but I can't imagine you'd get any kind of refund. Without the plan, I'm not sure about TS (though I'd be surprised of you were told NO), but you shouldn't have a problem w/ CS meals.

RockinRollerMom
05-14-2008, 12:29 AM
You could also make some of your ADR's buffets. I really like the food at most of the buffets at Disney. That way every-one can pick whatever they want to eat!

TheMartellFamily
05-14-2008, 08:49 AM
I have very picky eater too. The buffets are a good for him since it will have things that he will eat. They also have choices for him too so he feels better about eating too. The CS always have something that he will eat too. You can look at the menu found on this site and this will help you decide where you want to go for meals.

Kairi_7378
05-14-2008, 09:14 AM
I really don't see why not. Disney is very accommodating of so many different diets (diabetics, gluten free, Kosher, etc) that I don't think a simple thing like making a slightly larger kids' portion for an 11 year old. You hear about people getting special meals to accommodate their needs a lot on these boards. I don't think that this is even a request that you'd have to check ahead on! While the buffets may be the best choice for the picky eaters the more adventurous in your party may get bored with them after a little while, so I hesitate to tell you to make all of your ADR's at buffets to accommodate one member of the party. Good luck!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
My son was 11 on our last trip (Dec. 2005)...he too is a picky eater and when he didn't like the adult choices they were more than happy to let him order off the kids menu (we were on the dining plan however)

ElenitaB
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
As others have said, buffets and meals served family-style might be your best bet. Your 11 yr old can certainly order from the kid's menu at a TS restaurant, but if you are on the dining plan, you will be charged an adult's meal credit.

On one of our trips on the dining plan, we had dinner at Coral Reef. There was nothing on the menu that really appealed to my then just-11 yr old (it was his birthday trip). They had no problems in "kidding down" one of their adult entrees for him, and prepared him a grilled chicken breast with sauce on the side.

Fast forward to our last trip almost two weeks ago. He's now 12 and closing in on me in height. He's certainly not a picky eater. However, he was offered the kid's menu at every meal in case he wanted to order from it.