PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about AS Sports

TheMartellFamily
05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
We decided to add an extra day to our vacation since we are driving down we needed to add a day to our stay. With such short notice we could only get in at AS Sports, which we got a really good deal in Aug, and then the next day transfer to POP. Can those of you that have stayed there tell us what this resort is like and the other AS resorts are like too? Thanks for letting us know.

cajunmickey
05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
My family and I really like the ASresorts. Sports is not fancy, but the larger than life icons are fun. There is a very nice arcade and two themed pools (surf and baseball). We have eaten in the food courts on many occasions the food is not bad. We have never been to pop so I can't compare the two for you. But remember it is Disney so all is good.:mickey:

FiggyFan
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM
We did the same thing you are doing back in January 2007 - added a night at All Star Sports to the start of our trip. The resort is spacious and well themed. The rooms are smaller than we are used to, but comfortable - it may be a value resort, but it is Disney!

The atmosphere is much different that we are used to - more high energy, full of youngsters. We had a room near the baseball pool, which required walking the length of the football field that occupies a large courtyard between several guest buildings. I'm not sure how the heat of August will be, but in January the place was full of youth sports teams, and they were all out on and near the field talking, throwing or kicking balls around, and generally having a good time. Despite all the activity, we had no trouble with noise or sleeping.

We had an evening snack and a breakfast at the food court - they offer good, simple quick food at a reasonable price.

Switching to our next resort for the rest of the trip was easy. We brought our luggage to the bell stand in the lobby building and asked them to send it over for us, then hopped on a bus to EPCOT. Our luggage arrived at 3:00 or 4:00 that afternoon with no problems.

I think you will enjoy the resort.

bigbabyblues
05-13-2008, 09:34 PM
We've only stayed at ASMovies so far, but we liked it. We prefer ASMo over Pop, but mostly because the theming appeals to me more. We've stayed at Pop twice with no problems.

I know they were working on refurbishing the rooms at ASports, and I was thinking that at least most of the rooms should be finished by now. They looked nice, from the pictures I saw.

sainter
05-13-2008, 10:51 PM
The rooms are essentially the same as Pop, same size, same ammenities. The main buildings at both resorts have a food court, general store, game room and check in. There is a bar next to the main pool nearest to the main building.

The other All-Stars are exactly the same with different themes.

We love sports and so we like ASSports a lot. Look at all of the details in each section!!:thumbsup:

Mickey 101
05-14-2008, 01:29 AM
We've stayed at All-Star Sports twice, separated by several years in between. We were pleasantly surprised when staying there last fall. It was very clean and looked fresh and new......we must have received one of the newly refurbished rooms. We only rode the bus one day, but it seems like All-Star Sports is the first pick-up of the three resorts. I think you'll like the resort fine. After all, its a bonus day, right? Have a great trip! :mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
We had previously stayed at the POR on our Disney trips, but on the last one, we stayed at AS Sports. We had one of the new rooms and we loved it. My kids don't want to stay anywhere else. While we were there, we booked on the bounce back for free dining, and I asked them if we should try a different resort. They all insisted we stay at Sports. The theming is great, and I found the bus system to be much better than that at the POR.