PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer's island & paint brushes?

NewmanFamily6
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
We have never gone over to Tom's island. I think I am going to take the children over there this time to try to find the paint brushes. Are they hidden with a great amount of difficulty? The twins are 5 and would like to take a crack at it.:mickey:

Von-Drake
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
No the paint brushes are not hidden really at all. They just place them in different locations around the island. We found ours sitting in plain view on top of a rock in Injun Joe's Cave.

Mackflava99
05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133302

Check the post above for more insight

Gator
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't even know about this. My DD will love looking for them.

KineGirl
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Do they only put the paintbrushes out first thing in the morning or are they replaced throughout the day?

KAJUNKING
05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
we never seem to have the time to go to tom sawyers island, but this year i plan to take the time to visit the island

cgriff
05-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Do they only put the paintbrushes out first thing in the morning or are they replaced throughout the day?

Tom Sawyer's Island opens a little bit later than the rest of Frontierland (check guide maps). So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI. Many times you can spot a hidden paintbrush while waiting to cross, or while crossing on the first raft. The paintbrushes are only hidden once. Once they're found, castmembers do not hide them again. I am not sure how many paintbrushes are available, but there are a few. If you are lucky enough to find one of the paintbrushes, show it to your return raft pilot and she'll/he'll tell you how to trade the paintbrush in for one of the fast-passes. The pass is good for the number of people in your party. The pass that my daugther received for finding a paintbush back in July '07 was valid for any attraction at MK, not just BTMR or SplashMt. (She chose BTMR anyway.) :cap:

cgriff

pixiegoose
05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI.

cgriff

Not necessarily true. DH and I headed to Tom Sawyer island on one of the last rafts of the day and I found a paintbrush in rather plain view. So, really it all depends on luck.

ltam16
05-13-2008, 07:44 PM
We were there in April. TSI didn't open till 10. So we rode BTMR and PoC till it opened. We were on the first raft and we found paintbrushes out in the open. They passes were only good for BTMR or SplashMt. We went back another day on the first raft and found no paint brushes. It was a lot of fum just exploring the whole island. Check out the map when you get there-the first time we missed a lot of stuff.

cgriff
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriff
So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. That is pretty much the only way to find a paintbrush though, to be on that first raft over to TSI.

Not necessarily true. DH and I headed to Tom Sawyer island on one of the last rafts of the day and I found a paintbrush in rather plain view. So, really it all depends on luck.

Yes, lucky you. Has anyone else had a late-in-the-day paintbrush encounter? I wonder if a whole day's worth of island guests past it by not knowing its significance...?

cgriff

dsnyfan001
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi

:confused:
Could somebody clue me in on the Paint Brushes?? I had no idea! So the cast members hide them and If we find them we get fastpasses???? I was reading about it and I would love to know! Please tell!!
Thanks!:mickey:

MickeyMomof2
05-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I think you do get rewarded, but I don't think it's always fastpasses.

AuntLaura
05-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Huck and Tom forget and leave their paint brushes lying around the Island. If you find one, bring it to the cast member running the raft, and when you get back to the landing he/she will give you a certificate that is essentially a fastpass for your entire family/group for either Thunder or Splash for that day. The paintbrushes could be lying anywhere - on a path, in the fort etc. Usually they are lying around in the AM and you have to be on the first raft over to the island to be able to find them. It can be pretty competitive. One paintbrush per family/group. Recently we were told they re-hide them at different times of the day - not sure if that's true. We've always found them in the AM. Have fun.

DisnIse
05-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Last summer, we hustled over to Tom Sawyers Island and found TWO in the morning. One was leaning on a picket fence, the other was on a railing inside the mill (I think). We made DS give one to another family (not sure if Disney has a rule, but to us, it only seemed fair), and the family was soooooo confused. :confused:

But, we did get a fast pass for our family to ride on Splash, which was awesome.

Over Christmas, we went around lunchtime, and there were not paintbrushes to be had.

We'll try again this time!

Main Street Jim
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
When I was a River Rat, I'd hide them things REAL good-like! ;) I made y'all WORK for your reward :mickey: Nowadays, it seems like they just THROW them pretty much out in the open. I'd hide 'em INSIDE of the caves, in the nooks and crannies, in real hard-to-spot places. It ain't no fun if'n they're too easy to find ;)