PDA

View Full Version : Booked my Flight

Jeri Lynn
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Well I bit the bullet and bought our tickets to fly from Hartford to Orlando.

We are flying out one day earlier than we had planned and will fly home one day earlier.

I had two choice of flights, the flight later in the morning was $20 cheaper than the 7:25am flight, but the later flight wouldn't put us into Orlando until 3pm and then we probably wouldn't make it to the BC until probably 4:30-5pm...

So I booked the earlier flight at $277 per ticket.

We had budgeted $250 so it's not that bad, heck I waste $20 on stupid stuff all the time.

Ofcourse I will keep watching for cheaper flights but at least I know I have these flights no matter what!!

faline
05-13-2008, 11:13 AM
The cost of flights is getting to be unbelievable!

At least you've got your tickets!

Jeri Lynn
05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi Faline,
Cheaper tickets could be had, however the times were not the best...

I am thankful for my flights, even though they are $100 more than what I normally pay...I keep telling myself that I waste $20 a week on stupid stuff...so if I don't buy any stupid stuff for 5 weeks I'll be fine!!

haha!:blush:

cparker
05-13-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm planning a vacation for our family's first time to disney world in july i haven't bought my plane tickets yet where would be the cheapest place to get them?Thank You

Jeri Lynn
05-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi,
I'm not sure where you are located or what airport you would use but I would check Southwest, JetBlue, Airtran and Spirit. Those seem to be the airlines that have half decent prices. I checked Delta and the other large carriers and they are pretty expensive!

Good Luck!

cparker
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Thank You. I'm in oklahoma i checked out air tran and the tickets are reasonable but i've never heard of them i'm very scared to fly so i want to be in the safest plane possible have they been in buisness for a long time? Thank You

crazeedizneefinatic
05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Thank You. I'm in oklahoma i checked out air tran and the tickets are reasonable but i've never heard of them i'm very scared to fly so i want to be in the safest plane possible have they been in buisness for a long time? Thank You

I think Air Tran is as safe as any other airline but personally would not choose them because of the constant schedule changes and there are no refunds. My Sister is flying to Orlando in June and since she purchased her tickets her plane was originally going to take off arount 8 or so, now she has a later afternoon flight. They have changed it several times. I guess any airline can change a schdule but Air Tran, at least here in Pittsburgh is famous for BIG changes.

CanadianWDWFan
05-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I think Air Tran is as safe as any other airline but personally would not choose them because of the constant schedule changes and there are no refunds.

By reading the above posts, I guess that we have been lucky with Air Tran. Our flights out of Buffalo never changed more than 15 minutes and when at the airport ALWAYS left early by at least ten minutes.

We have always found Air Tran to have great staff and good service. I get the same service from them that I get from the legacy carriers. Plus their planes are a lot newer than the legacy carriers that I have flown on. This is not to say that the older planes are unsafe, just that I prefer sitting in a plane that looks like the interior was designed this decade.:D

Try Air Tran you might be surprised.

Airfare is going through the roof. If I were you I would book right now. Here in Canada the airlines just announced, effective immediately a $40-60/flight segment fuel surcharge. I am sure that if the Canadian airlines have done this that they are not alone in doing so,